Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/7/2024 10:19 am  #451

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Video I watched just now he looks as much a supplier as a finisher, not greedy at all.  Always hard to judge on YouTube how good someone is but fingers crossed

19/7/2024 10:27 am  #452

Since Daly left I think we all, every season, have been hoping to get a “Daly type” player in.

If above turns out to be correct I am very excited. Sounds a bit like Fletcher if he has a bit more skill than Daly?

Daly was one  I never appreciated properly until later in his united career. In addition to being brilliant for us he also had a lot to do with Goody and Russel’s development.

19/7/2024 11:05 am  #453

Boy on pie and bovril who’s normally spot on says there’s someone with a bit of pace also on route which is great news

19/7/2024 12:28 pm  #454

BMT wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

If we get rid of those three we will have a bench full of kids again.

I agree.  However, part of me would rather have kids on the bench than a sulking Watt and petted bottom lipped Middleton, if that is how they are acting.

If what we saw on Tuesday nights subs was anything to go by then yeah I agree we would be better off with the kids. Tony and Glenn didn’t do themselves any favours with that display. Tony put more effort into the half time warm up than he did when he came on.

Watt was a fucking disgrace when he came on. As he was on Saturday.

Too much commotion

19/7/2024 1:28 pm  #455

I didn't see the game, or how he was acting.  Happy to take your word for it.

Is Watt still vice captain?

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

19/7/2024 1:34 pm  #456

Watt’s only happy if he feels valued and in the starting XI every week. I think he’d be a nightmare to manage if he’s relegated to being a squad player, to the point of being an extremely disruptive and negative influence in the dressing room.

If, as speculated elsewhere, we’re signing two strikers, then there’s really no room for Watt in the side. We’d be better even sending him out on loan for the remainder of his deal and subsidising his wages if need be.

20/7/2024 8:04 am  #457

Strain out for 4-5 months, a right back is now a priority.

20/7/2024 8:10 am  #458

Arab87 wrote:

Strain out for 4-5 months, a right back is now a priority.

Fuck sake, nightmare

20/7/2024 10:11 am  #459

Watt signed a 3 year deal, but wasn't he signed in the January window? So even if we don't move him on, we won't have to worry about him much longer.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

20/7/2024 12:44 pm  #460

Hearing Watt, Middleton, Grimshaw and MacLeod have all been told they can go.

20/7/2024 2:01 pm  #461

I can see Watt heading to Australia.

20/7/2024 4:03 pm  #462

JerryDungle wrote:

Hallelujah.

20/7/2024 5:12 pm  #463

RogerTheAlien wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Hallelujah.

I wouldn't get the champagne out just yet,Birighitti got told last summer he could leave but decided to hang around anyway.

We got rid of one fat Tony though so you never know 🤣

20/7/2024 5:50 pm  #464

Sibbald stinking tonight

20/7/2024 6:15 pm  #465

On the other hand, Babunski looks proper quality,Ferry too.

20/7/2024 9:13 pm  #466

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Hallelujah.

I wouldn't get the champagne out just yet,Birighitti got told last summer he could leave but decided to hang around anyway.

Watt especially ain’t going nowhere unless someone pays him 3-4K a week and no one’s stupid enough to do that in the UK.

Grimshaw hopefully goes soon, all the best to him.

Middleton would be suited to league 1&2 in England.

Rory Macleod, i suspect his agent will be begging teams to take him like they did to Fulham.

20/7/2024 9:26 pm  #467

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Hallelujah.

Watt especially ain’t going nowhere unless someone pays him 3-4K a week and no one’s stupid enough to do that in the UK.

Grimshaw hopefully goes soon, all the best to him.

Middleton would be suited to league 1&2 in England.

Rory Macleod, i suspect his agent will be begging teams to take him like they did to Fulham.

Middleton has interest down south, Grimshaw’s going to either Morton or Partick and MacLeod’s away on trial with Southampton next week. Watt will be the difficult one, but we got ourselves in that situation with him. It might be a case of us just having to take a hit on his wages to get him away from the squad if he’s being disruptive.

20/7/2024 10:54 pm  #468

Hearing tonight the deal for MacLeod is essentially done, so as long as he doesn't absolutely bomb on trial then he's away.

Be glad to see the back of Watt and Middleton, neither good enough for where we want to be as a club.

Grimshaw i would actually keep as i think he's decent cover at RB and midfield, but i'm probably in the minority there right enough.

21/7/2024 1:07 am  #469

Depends if Grimshaw is happy to play second fiddle for a couple of places, maybe he wants to play and wants a move.

21/7/2024 1:39 am  #470

Shedtastic wrote:

Depends if Grimshaw is happy to play second fiddle for a couple of places, maybe he wants to play and wants a move.

Of course.

But as has been proven already, we need a squad and he will find game time.

He's played twice already and we're only in Mid-July.

I really think Goodwin should keep him. He's a decent utility man and we will need a couple of them.

Particularly if him going on loan only saves us a few hundred quid a week.

23/7/2024 10:21 pm  #471

Dutch striker having medical tomorrow

23/7/2024 10:26 pm  #472

Although Moult and Watt both look a million miles off it, I think we urgently require a central midfielder and a right mid.

We have huge fuckin gaps all over the place, a good team will rip us to shred as it stands.

We are in for a very long season I fear.

Too many sicknotes in our squad also.

23/7/2024 10:27 pm  #473

Snacks94 wrote:

I hope part of the medical is reading balls into the box or at least breaking into a sprint.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

24/7/2024 12:28 am  #474

Snacks94 wrote:

Has two years left of his contract at Ado Den Haag, so we must be paying a fee for his services.

He better be worth it in that case or Goodwin is going to look very foolish for not just pushing the boat out for Simon Murray either in January or this Summer.

24/7/2024 8:12 am  #475

Tek wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Has two years left of his contract at Ado Den Haag, so we must be paying a fee for his services.

He better be worth it in that case or Goodwin is going to look very foolish for not just pushing the boat out for Simon Murray either in January or this Summer.

I think there was something said on the Dode Fox Podcast about the Dutch lad having a clause in his contract allowing him to break his contract.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

Board footera