Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/3/2024 3:23 pm  #26

Re: GOODWIN OUT

Finn Seemann wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

This isn't a dig at Ogren.  I want that to be clear from the start.

Ogren just doesn't know football.  Moreso, he doesn't know Scottish football.  I don't hold that against him, far from it.  I think his intentions were genuine - try to make us better and get European football and in doing so make a bit of cash.  He is just involved in a 'business' that he doesn't fully understand.  He is used to franchises in sport.  He doesn't get that our team is part of our personal fabric and a big part of a fans identity.

He was sold a bogey by Asghar.  I personally think that Asghar used Ogrens money to play real life Football Manager.  He was badly advised and because he doesn't know football, or Scottish football, he was easily swayed to make the wrong decisions/moves.  I don't know how successful he was with the other sports he got involved with, but those were closer to home for him and were sports that I'm guessing he was far more familiar with and had a greater understanding of.

We are in a position where we have an owner who doesn't really know the market he is playing in and who is trying to control/run the club from thousands of miles away.  With an element of hindsight, I think he made the wrong decision with Goodwin and before that I think he was guided down the Fox route by Asghar as (I'm assuming) Fox was someone that Asghar would have an element of 'control' or 'influence' over.

I think Ogren needs, for his own sanity, to sell United.  We definitely need an owner who has an understanding of how football works.  We also need a manager who can inspire and get the team playing with a bit of passion and fire instead of the flat, low intensity fare that we have had to watch since Xmas.

No shit, Sherlock!  Do you not read these boards?  Same for David Blunkett (apologies if you don't read!) This has been pointed out from the day Asghar was appointed if you care to listen to people who are not happy clapping.  Can't quite believe these posts genuinely appear to be thinking they have stumbled across something no-one else has seen (astonishing actually).

I'm blind!*

I certainly don't think i'm pointing out anything new, or have stumbled across new info, or had a lightbulb moment, and realise most of what the last few posts have said are old ground.

I was never a happy clapper, or a doom and gloom merchant, I was just sounding off in reply to Macho Man's post, where we find ourselves now is all down to the above so was getting it off my chest.

I was never convinced by Fat Tony, but we (as fans) had no choice really but to allow him the opportunity to fail, for a while-ish  things were going well, but when it turned, it went downhill so rapidly, and the arrogance from Fat Tony, Ogren the players etc re our perilous position was mental.

* Maybe.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

25/3/2024 3:34 pm  #27

Finn Seemann wrote:

No shit, Sherlock!  Do you not read these boards?  Same for David Blunkett (apologies if you don't read!) This has been pointed out from the day Asghar was appointed if you care to listen to people who are not happy clapping.  Can't quite believe these posts genuinely appear to be thinking they have stumbled across something no-one else has seen (astonishing actually).

I've re-read my post and I don't see where I'm claiming to have some sort of scoop on anything.  I'm putting out my thoughts on the current situation.

I read here from time to time, but there are a number of posts that I skim read.  I don't waste too much time on long winded, negative posts that come from people that regurgitate the same comments that they tend to have made several times previously.

I'll do my best not to post anything in the future that has been covered before by anyone else.  

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

25/3/2024 5:58 pm  #28

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Presuming Goodwin can't turn things around.  (Beginning to look a bit  of a task)
Presuming McIntyre or any other body wants it.
Presuming Ogren will bite the bullet - after Raith game on that performance.
Won't happen just yet, but like Billy said: shoogly peg.

Jim McIntyre.....the relegator????

25/3/2024 6:25 pm  #29

Macho Man wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I've re-read my post and I don't see where I'm claiming to have some sort of scoop on anything.  I'm putting out my thoughts on the current situation.

I read here from time to time, but there are a number of posts that I skim read.  I don't waste too much time on long winded, negative posts that come from people that regurgitate the same comments that they tend to have made several times previously.

I'll do my best not to post anything in the future that has been covered before by anyone else.  

Much obliged!

Only jesting - I just found it a bit odd that the pair of you seemed to only now just realise that Fat Tony was at it and Ogren is clueless.  It's been glaringly obvious for the last 5 years!  I'm just bemused that it needs to be stated still and is not well known by all United fans.  You are clealry both able to type in sentences so you both clearly know that this has been fact for years, hence being slightly bemused...

Last edited by Finn Seemann (25/3/2024 6:30 pm)

27/3/2024 12:19 am  #30

No new manager, no bounce effect, no promotion

....Hope I'm wrong.

Board footera