Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/8/2022 12:41 pm  #976

Re: Summer Transfer Window

JerryDungle wrote:

Safranko’s been released by his South African club. Asghar tried to get him back in the Mellon season, might he go for him again?

If the Noel Hunt money covers it I'm in...

25/8/2022 1:45 pm  #977

AlwaysUnited wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Safranko’s been released by his South African club. Asghar tried to get him back in the Mellon season, might he go for him again?

For the love of God and all that is holy, no thanks. He barely scored in the championship, playing in an attacking team. He'd do bugger all in the Premier league.

He scored 15 goals whilst being used as a target man and out wide, not too shabby I would have thought.

25/8/2022 11:39 pm  #979

Safranko: 
Without knowing to much on how he's gone since he left us...
- We need attack.
- We need energy.
- We need commitment.
- We need options - Fletcher will pick up injuries at 36. The both of them are cutting forlorn figures at the front and Watt in particular looking frustrated.
- We need to do it quick smart.
If he's an option, I'd have him in a flash.

How come if there's any truth to it Tony's no already looked at it - you'd think he would have heard last trip to Sun City.

... Oh and get that CDM in before it's too late.

26/8/2022 12:32 am  #980

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Safranko: 
- We need attack.
- We need energy.
- We need commitment.
- We need options - Fletcher will pick up injuries at 36. The both of them are cutting forlorn figures at the front and Watt in particular looking frustrated.

How come if there's any truth to it Tony's no already looked at it - you'd think he would have heard last trip to Sun City.

Safranko re-signed for his old Romanian club (Sepsi FC) earlier on this evening.

26/8/2022 7:14 am  #981

Tek wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Safranko: 
- We need attack.
- We need energy.
- We need commitment.

Safranko re-signed for his old Romanian club (Sepsi FC) earlier on this evening.

Why does that no surprise me . ...

26/8/2022 10:25 am  #982

Going by Tony’s comments in the papers today looks like our business is done for this window.

26/8/2022 1:34 pm  #983

I'd heard that our business was done weeks ago (bar the Ugandans) but that a re-assessment was needed due to the obvious CDM gap although strictly on an out first policy.  Maybe TA hasn't told anyone that they are surplus to requirements yet...

That makes sense to me.  Going past the window without a CDM coming in would be suicidal.

I see that JR is quoted in the press today as saying that a midfielder is a midfielder and you don't need defensive ones or attacking ones as they should ba able to do both (or words to that effect)....Lord give me hope...has he been watching the games?  If he genuinely thinks we just need Harkes, Levitt and McGrath to be more disciplined then we are doomed.  Surely he's got to be hoping for one more to plug that gap.  

Interestng that in the official news in July a "defensive midfielder" (according to our website - clearly hadn't consulted with managment), Finn Robson had gone to Kelty on loan.  Wonder if he'd be described as a defensive midfielder now...

Last edited by Finn Seemann (26/8/2022 4:37 pm)

26/8/2022 6:57 pm  #984

United Arab Emarite wrote:

BMT wrote:

Going by Tony’s comments in the papers today looks like our business is done for this window.

Understandable cos we were eventually happy with our 7 summer signings with Sadat Anaku making it 8.
Albeit most of the business was done on the late side so I would expect better results thro September once the new boys have had more time to gel & knit-in to the system.
Also patience is required with the new goalie & indeed with Eriksson who has done very little wrong in his 2 games,
But is getting pilloried for whatever reason, probably cos fans do need someone to pillory.
Iain Harkes comes into that category too, one of our few pass marks players v St Mirren but never a mention.

Very little wrong? Really?  Did you see that third goal at the weekend?

30/8/2022 1:32 pm  #985

Nicky Clark to st Johnstone

Really not sure how I feel about that, absolutely no doubt about it he would have finished our top scorer

Wonder who sanctioned this deal 🫣

Last edited by SuperMario (30/8/2022 1:34 pm)

30/8/2022 2:03 pm  #986

I'm disappointed tbh, he gets a lot of stick but he was our best striker the last two seasons.

Rather we didn't sell him to a rival either but Tony won't be giving a fuck about that.

All the best to him though, he's been an excellent servant to the club.

30/8/2022 2:12 pm  #987

Nicky clark was never going to play more than a handful of games this season with fletcher and watt ahead of him and the new Ugandan lad looking for minutes, having shown up well.

He takes a great pen and that's where the majority of his goals have come from.

It's the circle of life at any football team and the fact we've agreed a fee for a 31yo who barely plays isn't bad.

Thanks for your efforts nicky.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

30/8/2022 2:20 pm  #988

Wish him nothing but the very best.

Decent scoring record and he gave his all when wearing the Jersey. There are one or two more I would have tried to get out the door before him.

Played his part in getting us out of the championship and keeping us up.

He must be very frustrated watching some of the guys that have started before him this season.

30/8/2022 3:22 pm  #989

Wish him all the best.  Did a job for us and scored a lot of important goals.  Been far worse players in tangerine in the last 5 years.  Contributed more than Tony Watt since January.

30/8/2022 3:56 pm  #990

Wish him well and understand why he made the move, have respect for players who move to get more game time.

However as we were led to believe that we needed to move people out before we brought anyone in does this mean a signing is imminent and how would that work with us being without a manager at the moment?

30/8/2022 4:04 pm  #991

Maybe we're back in for Gogic now that Ross has gone?  On no, wait he signed for St Mirren....

30/8/2022 4:12 pm  #992

The correct decision. Better options out there.

30/8/2022 7:53 pm  #993

Tangy wrote:

Nicky clark was never going to play more than a handful of games this season with fletcher and watt ahead of him and the new Ugandan lad looking for minutes, having shown up well.

He takes a great pen and that's where the majority of his goals have come from.

It's the circle of life at any football team and the fact we've agreed a fee for a 31yo who barely plays isn't bad.

Thanks for your efforts nicky.

Fletcher 1 penalty, Watt 1 goal since fucking January, how the fuck are they in front of Nicky Clark??

If those two were in front of me in the pecking order I'd be pissed off. If Fletcher and Watt are our preferred striking options then I look forward to the fizzy league next season.

30/8/2022 10:24 pm  #994

All i have heard all day is Chalmers is off, Clark is off, and the club are looking to offload Niskanen before the window shuts.

We don't have a Manager. Who is making these decisons?

And if we sign anyone in the next two days, who is making that decision also? Considering a new Manager may be in the door in the next month, and may not fancy the signing/s.

We were told only the Manager of Dundee United had the final say on all and any transfers.

Or was/is that all bullshit?

30/8/2022 10:45 pm  #995

Good luck Nicky Clark.

Hope you're never taking last minute penalty against us.

31/8/2022 6:54 am  #996

Tek wrote:

All i have heard all day is Chalmers is off, Clark is off, and the club are looking to offload Niskanen before the window shuts.

We don't have a Manager. Who is making these decisons?

And if we sign anyone in the next two days, who is making that decision also? Considering a new Manager may be in the door in the next month, and may not fancy the signing/s.

We were told only the Manager of Dundee United had the final say on all and any transfers.

Or was/is that all bullshit?

Whether it's Bullshit or not based on what I've seen over the last 12months all 3 would be better away from Tannadice.

Last edited by Stillliving (31/8/2022 6:54 am)

31/8/2022 9:32 am  #997

The only one I'd make half a case for would be immi.... case for the defence - he works hard... but equally, is an international winger who doesn't attack very often or very well.

It's not like it's a snap decision. The players and staff at the club will have been working on moves for a long time. It's the end of the window where teams are being pushed to sh!t or get off the pot.

Unless sandy Clark is getting the managers job, I don't see why we wouldn't offload a fringe player like nicky clark

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

31/8/2022 11:03 am  #998

Happy enough about Clark departing. Has scored some important goals for us but been a bit part player for a couple seasons now. All the best to him.

Would hope the money saves on wagea would get spent on a defensive mid but more likely it'll go toward paying off JR.

31/8/2022 11:41 am  #999

He's away, official.

31/8/2022 11:55 am  #1000

And of course, they'll be a long line of strikers queuing to replace him.

Err well erm no.

Board footera