Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/8/2022 12:19 pm  #26

Re: Hearts vs Utd - Sunday 14/8/22 (3PM)

Rick Dagless wrote:

Tangy wrote:

I wouldn't start clark for my 5 a side team, let alone united ...otherwise mostly agree

Harsh. Clark might be a squad player for us be he's proven he can still score goals in this team unlike our other forwards.

Totally agree

14/8/2022 2:25 pm  #27

=15pxBirighitti

=15pxSmith ... Edwards ... Mulgrew ... Graham ... Behich

=15pxMiddleton ... Harkes ... Mcgrath ... Cudjoe

=15pxWatt

Last edited by kdyteejay (14/8/2022 2:27 pm)

14/8/2022 4:15 pm  #28

60 minutes in as I write this, Harkes and Watt totally ineffective. Good spells of possession while creating nothing.

14/8/2022 4:23 pm  #29

This goalie is gonna take us down, he’s fucking murder, never wants to catch anything

Harkes and watt- pathetic.

14/8/2022 4:24 pm  #30

The keeper is a dud. Should be dropped for the St Mirren game.

If he's the best in the A-League then it really must be a shite league these days.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (14/8/2022 4:25 pm)

14/8/2022 4:25 pm  #31

Since i've started counting that useless dick harkes hasn't found a united player in the last 8 times he's had the ball thats got to be a record even for him, genuinely the last 8 times. Words can't describe how sick I am of watching him.

And send that keeper back tonight. Dog shit

14/8/2022 4:27 pm  #32

We are only 3 games in, but for me alarm bells are ringing already. It's not that we are losing games it's the way we are losing that's the concern.

14/8/2022 4:39 pm  #33

Tony watt, Ian Harkes and Liam smith, haven’t found a United player all day and still are on the park, must all be dropped next weekend.

Craig sibbald should never have been dropped.

14/8/2022 4:47 pm  #34

Probably could've predicted they 3 pre-match, certainly smith and harkes. We're STILL reliant on too many players who are championship standard

14/8/2022 4:58 pm  #35

SuperMario wrote:

Tony watt, Ian Harkes and Liam smith, haven’t found a United player all day and still are on the park, must all be dropped next weekend.

Craig sibbald should never have been dropped.

He clearly wasn't the only one on Thursday but he can have no complaints for being dropped.

Miles off it last Sunday and was day dreaming on Thursday.

14/8/2022 5:16 pm  #36

Similar to last season so far, easily beaten at Tynecastle and lost at home to Livingston.
We have signed some players who can improve us but anyone who has watched us will know we need a few athletic workhorse style players to allow Levitt & Mcgrath to do what their good at.

14/8/2022 5:18 pm  #37

I've absolutely no faith whatsoever in this keeper and we need to speak to his former club about having him back, pay for his flights and let him keep his fucking tracksuit free of charge.

14/8/2022 5:32 pm  #38

Tek wrote:

We will see on Sunday what players want to play for the badge. Maybe learn a bit about Jack Ross too.

Massive game all of a sudden.

Sadly not many!

14/8/2022 6:01 pm  #39

That was poor today, although we did have some good spells.

Time to take stock and breathe. We've played two bigger and better teams, with far bigger budgets. We are a new team and a new manager. It takes time to gel and sadly we haven't gelled just yet.

A good hard week on the training field and 3 points against St Mirren will change everything, I'm sure of it.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (14/8/2022 6:01 pm)

14/8/2022 6:19 pm  #40

AlwaysUnited wrote:

That was poor today, although we did have some good spells.

Time to take stock and breathe. We've played two bigger and better teams, with far bigger budgets. We are a new team and a new manager. It takes time to gel and sadly we haven't gelled just yet.

A good hard week on the training field and 3 points against St Mirren will change everything, I'm sure of it.

And Livingston?

Also what's your opinion on the Aussie keeper, and the Finn that can't get a game?

14/8/2022 6:28 pm  #41

I think Always has a point, the players were signed so late on and for some bizarre reason we have recruited a keeper from the other side of the world.

We have spent quite a bit on transfer fees and must be shelling out some cash in wages. I don't see it to be honest but hopefully they can gel given time and Jack Ross can get a side on the field that makes you want to go and watch them.

Although as ABS said Livi on a far less budget than ours were miles ahead of us in every department for most of the game.

14/8/2022 9:26 pm  #42

In the last few days my enjoyment of football has went doon like lead balloon.

The start was shockin. Trust it to be our former hero to score following a sh1te start and and sh1t defending, we mair sh1t defending to come.

The loss is nae big surprise. But theres a lot the contributed to it,

Hesitancy throughout the gehm.
We hae the ba jist outside Herts box, and instead oe it getting lofted in, it's a pass-back, or a sideways pass, and it ends up lossing possession and Herts are awa doon the park we it.

Back-passing.
We hae the ba umpteen times just outside the Herts box, and by some quirk, it ends up in a manner of seconds back we oor keeper.

Playing silly laddies in front oe oor ain box.
WTF is ah this ballet-dancing p1sh, back and forward, side to side in front oe oor ain box for?

Standing aff.
When Herts defenders hae the ba, we're nae-whar near them. Yet their Forwards right up there are in line we oor defenders . Well how the phuck are we no dae'in that. Its totally disadvantageous to us, and it's been goin on fir far too lang in meh book. Canna believe anychunt is happy we this.

Oh Eh, and the Ref was sh1te tae.

Startin to wonder if somedys gonna shoot JR.

14/8/2022 11:23 pm  #43

The week of horror capped off with another slow, insipid and toothless showing.

To have went into today's match off the back of Thursday's humiliation the message from JR should have been 'first 20 minutes let's sure we are on it from the first blow of the whistle, try and keep Hearts quiet, which in turn keeps their supporters quiet and gives us a foothold in the game and the chance to grow into it'.

Whistle then blows, and we concede within 40 seconds. I mean honestly, what the actual fuck?

It's early days in the season but i am already very, very concerned.

Felt we could have played all night and not scored a goal from open play (penalty was very soft). We hardly even create any clear cut chances.

The balance of the squad looks all wrong. As has been said many times we badly need a CDM. One who can handle the physical aspects of the Scottish game.

We have also started to concede goals at an alarming rate. Defence was our strong point the past two seasons. Performances of Edwards are a worry. His form is very poor just now. And the fullback areas are a disaster. Liam Smith getting ripped on the right and Behich on the left.

Not helped of course by the recent performances of  Mark Birighitti. Thought he looked very assured in the first two matches of the season. But the last week has been very worrying. He has been all over the place. Should have done better with Hearts 2nd today and the 3rd he is totally culpable for. Surely Eriksson deserves a chance next week? 

Midfield have no bite and teams are just running right through us. This needs rectified asap.

There's no real width or pace to the team and we have no Striker in the box who gets into good goal scoring positions. The movement off the ball is all so obvious and slow. We are an easy side to defend against.

Feels like there is a lot wrong with this side.

15/8/2022 12:22 am  #44

Rick Dagless wrote:

Tangy wrote:

I wouldn't start clark for my 5 a side team, let alone united ...otherwise mostly agree

Harsh. Clark might be a squad player for us be he's proven he can still score goals in this team unlike our other forwards.

Feel it's harsh too.

Our top scorer in the Premiership these past two seasons, lets not forget.

And that is out of a roster of Clark, Watt, Shankland, McNulty etc i.e. all higher profile players/signings than him who will all doubtless be on bigger wages.

He's only played a total of 8 minutes so far under Jack Ross. Harsh considering we are a team who don't score.

Get the feeling he'll be away this window. I'd keep him ahead of a few others tbqh.

15/8/2022 1:01 am  #45

Tek wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Feel it's harsh too.

Our top scorer in the Premiership these past two seasons, lets not forget.

And that is out of a roster of Clark, Watt, Shankland, McNulty etc i.e. all higher profile players/signings than him who will all doubtless be on bigger wages.

He's only played a total of 8 minutes so far under Jack Ross. Harsh considering we are a team who don't score.

Get the feeling he'll be away this window. I'd keep him ahead of a few others tbqh.

Agree totally

15/8/2022 7:08 am  #46

Tek wrote:

The week of horror capped off with another slow, insipid and toothless showing.

To have went into today's match off the back of Thursday's humiliation the message from JR should have been 'first 20 minutes let's sure we are on it from the first blow of the whistle, try and keep Hearts quiet, which in turn keeps their supporters quiet and gives us a foothold in the game and the chance to grow into it'.

Whistle then blows, and we concede within 40 seconds. I mean honestly, what the actual fuck?

It's early days in the season but i am already very, very concerned.

Felt we could have played all night and not scored a goal from open play (penalty was very soft). We hardly even create any clear cut chances.

The balance of the squad looks all wrong. As has been said many times we badly need a CDM. One who can handle the physical aspects of the Scottish game.

We have also started to concede goals at an alarming rate. Defence was our strong point the past two seasons. Performances of Edwards are a worry. His form is very poor just now. And the fullback areas are a disaster. Liam Smith getting ripped on the right and Behich on the left.

Not helped of course by the recent performances of  Mark Birighitti. Thought he looked very assured in the first two matches of the season. But the last week has been very worrying. He has been all over the place. Should have done better with Hearts 2nd today and the 3rd he is totally culpable for. Surely Eriksson deserves a chance next week? 

Midfield have no bite and teams are just running right through us. This needs rectified asap.

There's no real width or pace to the team and we have no Striker in the box who gets into good goal scoring positions. The movement off the ball is all so obvious and slow. We are an easy side to defend against.

Feels like there is a lot wrong with this side.

Sums it up pretty well for me. We looked like a team that wants to go through the motions and hope that’s enough to win a game. Ok we pass the ball about not too bad at times, but it has virtually no purpose.  That is not the way to play at Tynecastle. They didn’t even play that well.

I thought the lack of a CDM was the main concern, but I genuinely thought nobody got pass marks today bar maybe Cudjoe who was hooked too early. Only player Hearts looked concerned about when he got the ball.  It’s a sad day when Neilson has your measure, didn’t even need to play Haring to control the midfield. Just brought him on the shore up the win.  Get the impression Neilson hates us. Tony must have done a number on him.

Finally, thats now two Tony’s that we need to get to f*ck. Watt was dreadful. Did absolutely nothing and somehow stayed on the park the whole game. Also, I can see why McGrath never got a game for Wigan. He’s way off it.  I mentioned to my son at about 75 minutes that he’d been poor and he hadn’t even realised he was on!

The performance levels from the 1st leg in Europe have dropped massively. Unfortunately no easy games in this league which means we’ll be at the wrong end of the table unless something changes quickly.

Just seen the Ogrens at the airport. Senior had United training gear on. Looked like I’d feared.  Lost American tourists…

Last edited by Finn Seemann (15/8/2022 7:10 am)

15/8/2022 9:54 am  #47

The 1st yesterday, fuck me.  45 seconds in and we cannot concentrate to defend a simple ball over the top.

The 2nd goal yesterday, Cudjoe lets McKay get past him way to easily.

3rd, OK the keeper should perhaps palm it out for a corner but who's following up, all standing ball watching - not to mention nobody closed the shot down in the first place.

We were tidy enough in possession again but could have played all night and not scored.

I really hope Jack goes back to a back 5 with Charlie, Edwards and Graham from next week.  I doubt it though.

15/8/2022 11:50 am  #48

Not one to pat myself on the back but.... none of you should be surprised at how terrible our goalkeepers are. The writing was on the wall as soon as that useless chunt Hinchcliffe returned.

Clicky Linky

Tekel Towers » Hinchcliffe (boardhost.com)

15/8/2022 1:57 pm  #49

Who was it Jack Ross wanted as his goalkeeper coach when he joined but Hinchcliffe had already just signed. Was it Craig Samson.?

15/8/2022 3:25 pm  #50

I have to ask what McMann and Freeman have done wrong to be dropped for someone who is not match fit and seems way off the pace, i am sure Behich will be a decent signing in due course but he has been rushed in to the starting 11.

Again not sure why Eriksson has not been given a chance other than 1 friendly, he has to be disappointed when he sees his peer making a few mistakes and still starting the next match.

I still have confidence we will get better but at the moment it feels like JR still has no preferred starting 11 and we seem void of a game plan or strategy.

This week needs a big performance form whoever is picked in the starting 11.

Board footera