Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/9/2015 11:24 pm  #1

Hinchcliffe

As a rather pish goalie and goalie coach myself eh'm pleased as punch this cunt has been punted. Has managed to dodge criticism as Jackie has taken the brunt of it.

In his time in charge he's managed to turn Rado in to an indecisive mess, Szromnik from a decent polish prospect to a human sieve. McCallum seems to have totally stalled in his development, and appears to still be weak at diving to a certain side of his goal. And Luis Zwick, and this isn't a dig, also looks to be suffering from a case of the Rado's the last few games, unsure as to whether to stay or go.

Defending hasn't helped any of our keepers but I can't say a single one has improved under 'Hinchy'. Be glad to get someone else in, fuck might be time to throw in my ane CV given some of the dross coaching in Scottish fitba.

Last edited by Morphman (28/9/2015 11:25 pm)

28/9/2015 11:30 pm  #2

Re: Hinchcliffe

Absolutely crazy to get rid of banksy another catastrophic decision he was a cracking coach and back up goalie who had respect from  all the players . So what does he do bring his mate in absolutely bonkers

28/9/2015 11:33 pm  #3

In the club statement, they've spelled his name wrongly. Respect.

28/9/2015 11:38 pm  #4

BennyBoy wrote:

In the club statement, they've spelled his name wrongly. Respect.

I figured it was deliberate and they dropped the C in honour of his inability to teach our goalies how to Claim crosses properly.

29/9/2015 7:27 am  #5

He was never a goal keeper more of a ball boy . This made me happy he left

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

29/9/2015 10:46 am  #6

I don't know how he escaped criticism so much as it went from a position of strength to a major weakness under his guidance.
Like you say, players were becoming visibly poorer under his coaching.
Zwick is a real prospect. Hopefully he will flourish under a proper coach.

29/9/2015 10:57 am  #7

100% agree, Keeper have gone backwards and they look like they don't have any confidence

06/3/2023 12:39 pm  #8

With the American apparently inbound, is it a coincedence that our goalkeeping has gone to pieces again as soon as Hinchcliffe returned and took over from Alexander?

Rado, Szomnik, McCallum, Kawashima, Zwick, Birighitti, Eriksson, Newman.

A never ending spree of "Highly recommended" keepers who have absolutely crumbled while this guy has been in charge of our keeper coaching. Defies logic that a keeper coach has been so unlucky that everyone signed for him to coach has been terrible. Saved by the ignorance of managers that tend to know F all about coaching goalkeepers.

06/3/2023 1:23 pm  #9

Morphman wrote:

With the American apparently inbound, is it a coincedence that our goalkeeping has gone to pieces again as soon as Hinchcliffe returned and took over from Alexander?

A never ending spree of "Highly recommended" keepers who have absolutely crumbled while this guy has been in charge of our keeper coaching. Defies logic that a keeper coach has been so unlucky that everyone signed for him to coach has been terrible. Saved by the ignorance of managers that tend to know F all about coaching goalkeepers.

As you said, defies logic. Been questioning his employment all season and how the club can't see what we can all see is fucking bizzare at best, absolutely negligent in the extreme.

07/3/2023 10:17 am  #10

Morphman wrote:

I'd like to understand how much say the head coach has in the rest of the coaching team - I doubt there will ever be a straight answer but I agree the re-appointment of Hinchcliffe after the previous experience we had with him is really baffling.

07/3/2023 3:28 pm  #11

Hamid is returning to Washington via Heathrow this evening so it looks like Birghitti will be our number one for the remaining games.

Personal terms couldn't be agreed.

07/3/2023 3:41 pm  #12

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Hamid is returning to Washington via Heathrow this evening so it looks like Birghitti will be our number one for the remaining games.

Personal terms couldn't be agreed.

Where are you hearing that?

07/3/2023 3:50 pm  #13

I'm sure terms would be discussed before he even got on the plane over, he's not been in the country long enough to have a shite so I cannot see him being sent packing yet.

07/3/2023 4:17 pm  #14

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I'm sure terms would be discussed before he even got on the plane over, he's not been in the country long enough to have a shite so I cannot see him being sent packing yet.

Me neither.
Unless of course he doesn't ike what he's seen

07/3/2023 4:24 pm  #15

Were there not rumours of problems with a work permit/ visa that was causing a delay

09/3/2023 11:43 pm  #16

Goodwin in the Courier confirming Hamid deal fallen through.

He was barely in Scotland for an afternoon before he was away.

10/3/2023 12:10 am  #17

I sincerely hope we have pulled out because we have our eye on another Keeper.

Birighitti showed once again last night he is in no way good enough with the shot he spilled on to the post,this time he just got lucky.

There's a big mistake in him in almost every match and it will undo any performances the outfield players put in.

10/3/2023 12:30 am  #18

If I saw how long it took that dafty Hinchcliffe to get his last coaching certificate I'd get back on the plane as well.

With that said, given the issues caused by brexit / visas, realistically any incoming keeper at this stage would need to be. British passport holder in order to start immediately without further visa issues. This narrows down the available targets significantly..

13/3/2023 1:52 am  #19

Four of them have decent CVs, a good few international caps between them but have all either went backwards or totally crumbled at United and all with one thing in common—the GK coach. Get him binned pronto. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

07/4/2023 8:23 pm  #20

Did we pay compo for him?

18/6/2023 12:47 pm  #21

At least we've got rid of this useless bastard. 8 years from the original post, Vindicated again.

Last edited by Morphman (18/6/2023 12:53 pm)

18/6/2023 9:43 pm  #22

Morphman wrote:

At least we've got rid of this useless bastard. 8 years from the original post, Vindicated again.

About fucking time, shame we had to get relegated again first though. Absolute fucking shambles

19/6/2023 1:26 am  #23

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Morphman wrote:

About fucking time, shame we had to get relegated again first though. Absolute fucking shambles

Two relegations on his watch and both with huge fingers pointed at the keeper situation. How do boys like this get jobs? Deffo another example of the “old boys club” that still has huge sway in the Scottish game. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

19/6/2023 12:34 pm  #24

Officially announced by the club. Time to put pressure on Birighitti and force him to take a cut price pay off.

19/6/2023 1:24 pm  #25

As has been said by everyone above, thankfully we have got another dumpling out the door.

None of this is hindsight and all far too predictable when he was appointed the second time round.

What is Alexander up to, wonder if he would fancy his old job back.

Board footera