Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/4/2026 1:29 pm  #1


If you bought United

Let’s imagine you win the €114 million this Friday and you purchase the club. You’ve set aside €84 million to buy the club and do as you please.

What would be your blueprint?

 

16/4/2026 2:47 pm  #2


Re: If you bought United

Destroy the wee team and make Dundee Utd the only club in the city

 

16/4/2026 3:47 pm  #3


Re: If you bought United

Me and my mates were chatting about it after the game on Saturday so that’s the reason i’ve started the thread. Quite a few things come up.

First thing was, upgrade Tannadice or build a new ground?

build a new stadium received more support than it would’ve say 5/10 years ago.

     •Thread Starter
 

16/4/2026 5:27 pm  #4


Re: If you bought United

Shedtastic wrote:

Destroy the wee team and make Dundee Utd the only club in the city

 
I'd do it too. The derbies are great but if we're ever going to compete with Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen we would need to grow revenues as a one club city.

And for the meltdown obviously 😁

 

16/4/2026 5:35 pm  #5


Re: If you bought United

With an amount like that it would be get the fan groups together, invest to the tune of whatever would buy out 51% of shareholding to get rid of the American idiot and so that the fans own the club (if it's good enough for Bundesliga clubs it's good enough for DUFC).
Would also invest in a full stadium and pitch maintenance then cut ties and enjoy whatever money is left. The supporters as a collective should decide how the club is run.

 

16/4/2026 6:11 pm  #6


Re: If you bought United

I'd ban that fucking drum.

Then i'd put something in place where i subsidised season tickets, no point throwing money into a black hole, try and encourage attendance, build the fanbase,  build us up slowly, surely, not chase expensive quick fixes.

See if building on The Shed is feasible, a new ground wouldn't get permission where it is, but the fact it's already there means if the space can be re-worked then do it. A new stadium, done right burns at least 20 million of that money and half of it would be the Wife's to burn on more scatter cushions and more scented candles.

And ban the megaphone.


"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"
 

16/4/2026 6:16 pm  #7


Re: If you bought United

David_Blunkett wrote:

I'd ban that fucking drum.

Then i'd put something in place where i subsidised season tickets, no point throwing money into a black hole, try and encourage attendance, build the fanbase,  build us up slowly, surely, not chase expensive quick fixes.

See if building on The Shed is feasible, a new ground wouldn't get permission where it is, but the fact it's already there means if the space can be re-worked then do it. A new stadium, done right burns at least 20 million of that money and half of it would be the Wife's to burn on more scatter cushions and more scented candles.

And ban the megaphone.

 
I would also insist on Greggs being available in the concourse. Price cap on sausage rolls at 99p. These are the important fan issues and we have to get them right 😎

 

16/4/2026 6:19 pm  #8


Re: If you bought United

redford_must_score wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

I'd ban that fucking drum.

Then i'd put something in place where i subsidised season tickets, no point throwing money into a black hole, try and encourage attendance, build the fanbase,  build us up slowly, surely, not chase expensive quick fixes.

See if building on The Shed is feasible, a new ground wouldn't get permission where it is, but the fact it's already there means if the space can be re-worked then do it. A new stadium, done right burns at least 20 million of that money and half of it would be the Wife's to burn on more scatter cushions and more scented candles.

And ban the megaphone.

 
I would also insist on Greggs being available in the concourse. Price cap on sausage rolls at 99p. These are the important fan issues and we have to get them right 😎

 
I buy a pack of 4 for £2 and bake them myself in 25 mins gas mark 7, thus putting enough money aside to one day buy the club outright 😋

 

16/4/2026 6:27 pm  #9


Re: If you bought United

If i won the Euromillions i would revamp Tannadice to be an elite venue for football and rock concerts.

Credit to Derek Binnie on X for this mock-up of a futuristic Tannadice modelled on the club badge.
 

 

16/4/2026 7:15 pm  #10


Re: If you bought United

I can't believe there's not even a monorail, bloody amateurs 🤣

 

16/4/2026 7:36 pm  #11


Re: If you bought United

Honestly if I had that amount of money, for starters, I wouldn’t be putting 80% of my wealth into a football club. I don’t think I’d buy United. Way too much fucking stress, and make a couple of wrong/unpopular decisions and you suddenly can’t walk down the street in your own town without getting hassle and abuse. Fuck that.

At best, I’d maybe help a group like the foundation buy out Ogren at a reasonable price as I don’t like the way he’s running us currently. But would I trust the people involved in the foundation to run United and also not to have their snouts in the trough? Probably not. People get greedy when you expose them to those amounts of money.

There’s a handful of very wealthy United fans who won’t touch them for the exact reasons I’ve outlined. A pal of mine, who’s a lot wealthier than Mark Ogren isn’t even interested in moving away from his seat in the ET Lower that he’s sat in since he was a pauper.

Last edited by JerryDungle (16/4/2026 7:39 pm)

 

16/4/2026 8:47 pm  #12


Re: If you bought United

JerryDungle wrote:

Honestly if I had that amount of money, for starters, I wouldn’t be putting 80% of my wealth into a football club. I don’t think I’d buy United. Way too much fucking stress, and make a couple of wrong/unpopular decisions and you suddenly can’t walk down the street in your own town without getting hassle and abuse. Fuck that.

At best, I’d maybe help a group like the foundation buy out Ogren at a reasonable price as I don’t like the way he’s running us currently. But would I trust the people involved in the foundation to run United and also not to have their snouts in the trough? Probably not. People get greedy when you expose them to those amounts of money.

There’s a handful of very wealthy United fans who won’t touch them for the exact reasons I’ve outlined. A pal of mine, who’s a lot wealthier than Mark Ogren isn’t even interested in moving away from his seat in the ET Lower that he’s sat in since he was a pauper.

 
You just can't help yourself can you? Running down the club at every opportunity and now adding the Foundation for good measure.

Pathetic.

 

16/4/2026 9:36 pm  #13


Re: If you bought United

redford_must_score wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

I'd ban that fucking drum.

Then i'd put something in place where i subsidised season tickets, no point throwing money into a black hole, try and encourage attendance, build the fanbase,  build us up slowly, surely, not chase expensive quick fixes.

See if building on The Shed is feasible, a new ground wouldn't get permission where it is, but the fact it's already there means if the space can be re-worked then do it. A new stadium, done right burns at least 20 million of that money and half of it would be the Wife's to burn on more scatter cushions and more scented candles.

And ban the megaphone.

 
I would also insist on Greggs being available in the concourse. Price cap on sausage rolls at 99p. These are the important fan issues and we have to get them right 😎

 
Greggs were away to be our supplier but someone paid 10K to take it. 2013 roughly, Nicolls i think it maybe was.

     •Thread Starter
 

16/4/2026 9:50 pm  #14


Re: If you bought United

Tek wrote:

If i won the Euromillions i would revamp Tannadice to be an elite venue for football and rock concerts.

Credit to Derek Binnie on X for this mock-up of a futuristic Tannadice modelled on the club badge.
 

 
I’d love to see us build something like Heracles have done in Holland. 12K and it’s a tiered joined stadium much nicer looking than Livi.

     •Thread Starter
 

16/4/2026 10:25 pm  #15


Re: If you bought United

First thing I’m sorting is the structure.

I’d bring in a proper well paid elite sporting director to run the football side, then get a manager that actually fits a style of play.

No more random appointments or turning a blind eye when it's clearly not good enough.

After that it’s identity. I’d pick a clear way of playing and stick to it, whether that’s pressing or possession.

The main thing is consistency so the first team, youth teams and recruitment are all working towards the same thing.

Facilities would be a big focus as well. Training ground gets upgraded and the academy gets serious investment.
Just look at the job Stevie Campbell did with about £10 worth of cones and balls.

I want to be at a level that when a young player is being spoke about, Dundee United have already got him on the radar and he's been on trial/approached before teams even think of getting in there.

Recruitment-wise, I’m not going near big names for the sake of it. Our scouting system would be the first thing i'd seek to improve and in doing so we'd have tons of scouts all over the world working every weekend at games.

In the modern game analytics is a major part of football now — modern scouting, performance data, injury prevention, all of that. That’s where clubs can actually get an advantage now.

Squad building would be sensible as well. Keep the age profile right, avoid short-term signings, and only bring in players that actually suit how we want to play. No panic buys. (a marquee signing is always good if if it makes sense)

  

Last edited by Conway11 (16/4/2026 10:31 pm)

 

16/4/2026 10:27 pm  #16


Re: If you bought United

redford_must_score wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Honestly if I had that amount of money, for starters, I wouldn’t be putting 80% of my wealth into a football club. I don’t think I’d buy United. Way too much fucking stress, and make a couple of wrong/unpopular decisions and you suddenly can’t walk down the street in your own town without getting hassle and abuse. Fuck that.

At best, I’d maybe help a group like the foundation buy out Ogren at a reasonable price as I don’t like the way he’s running us currently. But would I trust the people involved in the foundation to run United and also not to have their snouts in the trough? Probably not. People get greedy when you expose them to those amounts of money.

There’s a handful of very wealthy United fans who won’t touch them for the exact reasons I’ve outlined. A pal of mine, who’s a lot wealthier than Mark Ogren isn’t even interested in moving away from his seat in the ET Lower that he’s sat in since he was a pauper.

 
You just can't help yourself can you? Running down the club at every opportunity and now adding the Foundation for good measure.

Pathetic.

In what way’s that running down the club?
 

 

17/4/2026 12:00 am  #17


Re: If you bought United

RogerTheAlien wrote:

 
I’d love to see us build something like Heracles have done in Holland. 12K and it’s a tiered joined stadium much nicer looking than Livi.

Would love the corners filled and The Shed revamped to make all the stands the same height.

Also the outside of the stadium with fresh cladding all the way round it. And the clubs logo and brand everywhere. Tannadice currently looks very run down, particulary the exterior of the George Fox.

Something akin to this would be the dream.

 

 

17/4/2026 5:27 pm  #18


Re: If you bought United

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

 
I’d love to see us build something like Heracles have done in Holland. 12K and it’s a tiered joined stadium much nicer looking than Livi.

Would love the corners filled and The Shed revamped to make all the stands the same height.

Also the outside of the stadium with fresh cladding all the way round it. And the clubs logo and brand everywhere. Tannadice currently looks very run down, particulary the exterior of the George Fox.

Something akin to this would be the dream.

 

 
The exterior of the stadium has improved markedly since Calforth got involved
But I like the look of that.

 

Board footera