Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/1/2026 1:11 pm  #1


Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

What a shit time for a kick off !

 

21/1/2026 3:16 pm  #2


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

It's shite, it shouldn't be a thing.

You accept a kick off time can move to lunchtime etc but 8pm is pish, a lot of shift workers now maybe can't make it.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (21/1/2026 3:36 pm)


"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"
 

21/1/2026 6:05 pm  #3


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

I don't mind it as a one off. For every shift worker who unfortunately can't make it, there will be folk who normally work a Saturday afternoon or have other commitments who can make it. I think it'll be a bumper crowd and great atmosphere too, both sets of fans will make a bit more of a day of it so will be very up for it come kick off.

 

22/1/2026 11:22 am  #4


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Crap for us who don't live in Dundee.   I usually drive to the games but sometimes its nice to take the train up and maybe get a drink and something to eat before in the town.  Too late to get a train home with the 8PM KO.

 

 

22/1/2026 12:05 pm  #5


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

My young lad plays Junior now so and effectively his season ticket is now going unused so it's good for him getting to a game for once. In saying that, he was at the derby and said he was glad he was missing games if that's what we produce!


Too much commotion
 

22/1/2026 1:16 pm  #6


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

i can’t make this game.

 

25/1/2026 12:12 am  #7


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Meant to be pissing down most of next week too…

 

25/1/2026 12:49 am  #8


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Looking at photos of the pitch available online I would suggest we might have a serious problem on our hands that might attract attention in Glasgow.
Especially if the Hearts game gets called off too.

I'd think our CEO maybe needs to get some specialist help in.

Last edited by redford_must_score (25/1/2026 12:51 am)

 

25/1/2026 11:57 pm  #9


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Eh'll be at the gehm, but my Saturday nights plans totally ruined.

 

27/1/2026 12:10 am  #10


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Goodwin not sounding too optimistic on Saturday’s game being on.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/15849385/fears-hearts-dundee-united-called-off-celtic-rangers/

Last edited by dufc5 (27/1/2026 12:15 am)

 

27/1/2026 12:41 am  #11


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

dufc5 wrote:

Goodwin not sounding too optimistic on Saturday’s game being on.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/15849385/fears-hearts-dundee-united-called-off-celtic-rangers/

 
Sounds resigned to losing Ferry this window too

 

27/1/2026 2:46 am  #12


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Arabdownsouth wrote:

dufc5 wrote:

Goodwin not sounding too optimistic on Saturday’s game being on.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/15849385/fears-hearts-dundee-united-called-off-celtic-rangers/

 
Sounds resigned to losing Ferry this window too

 
Will Ferry has been fantastic for us but when I've seen him throwing his arms up at team mates I'm thinking it's time up Will. Not entirely your fault but when that's your reaction it's time to move on.
Thanks and best wishes.

 

27/1/2026 6:25 am  #13


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Hearts game will be off.

The pitch is awful and the club has scrimped on pitch protection.

Four of our next five are supposed to be at Tannadice. I have a feeling the club is about to be made looking very foolish.

 

27/1/2026 10:50 am  #14


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Tek wrote:

Hearts game will be off.

The pitch is awful and the club has scrimped on pitch protection.

Four of our next five are supposed to be at Tannadice. I have a feeling the club is about to be made looking very foolish.

I would expect the St Mirren game to be rescheduled for February also.

 

27/1/2026 11:01 am  #15


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Game off, won't have to listen to 2 hours of constant Radio Ga Ga and watch Hearts players getting away with murder.

Not seeing any negatives. 

Last edited by David_Blunkett (27/1/2026 11:01 am)


"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"
 

27/1/2026 12:18 pm  #16


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

redford_must_score wrote:

Looking at photos of the pitch available online I would suggest we might have a serious problem on our hands that might attract attention in Glasgow.
Especially if the Hearts game gets called off too.

I'd think our CEO maybe needs to get some specialist help in.

 
I wonder why our old groundsmen left…

The ones who had our pitch in superb condition. The ones who are now at dens…

 

27/1/2026 4:00 pm  #17


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

RogerTheAlien wrote:

redford_must_score wrote:

Looking at photos of the pitch available online I would suggest we might have a serious problem on our hands that might attract attention in Glasgow.
Especially if the Hearts game gets called off too.

I'd think our CEO maybe needs to get some specialist help in.

 
I wonder why our old groundsmen left…

The ones who had our pitch in superb condition. The ones who are now at dens…

 

Guys doing it now, I assume, are cheaper.

Ogrens sole aim is recouping losses. The losses he allowed a conman to run up. The club will stagnate / suffer until the losses are at a reasonable enough level for him to write off and sell his shares.

 

27/1/2026 4:12 pm  #18


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

MockChop wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

redford_must_score wrote:

Looking at photos of the pitch available online I would suggest we might have a serious problem on our hands that might attract attention in Glasgow.
Especially if the Hearts game gets called off too.

I'd think our CEO maybe needs to get some specialist help in.

 
I wonder why our old groundsmen left…

The ones who had our pitch in superb condition. The ones who are now at dens…

 

Guys doing it now, I assume, are cheaper.

Ogrens sole aim is recouping losses. The losses he allowed a conman to run up. The club will stagnate / suffer until the losses are at a reasonable enough level for him to write off and sell his shares.

 
He's not gonna get his millions back by hiring a cheaper groundsman, there has to be more to it than just skimping on cost surely?

 

27/1/2026 7:17 pm  #19


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Tek wrote:

Hearts game will be off.

The pitch is awful and the club has scrimped on pitch protection.

Four of our next five are supposed to be at Tannadice. I have a feeling the club is about to be made looking very foolish.

 
Looking at the long term forecast there and there doesn’t appear to be a dry spell coming up over the next two weeks. Ground staff going to have a job on their hands with so many home games in a short space of time.

 

28/1/2026 10:17 am  #20


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

The sun'll come out tomorrow.
Actually it's come out today.
Bit of a watery sun right enough but at least it's stopped raining after a week's deluge.
The 8 o'clock kick off is in our favour, it gives us another 5 hours of drying time.
Game on for me, be prepared.

Btw did you see Spartans' result last night?

 

28/1/2026 10:40 am  #21


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Btw did you see Spartans' result last night?

I see Marc McNulty, who promised much and delivered very little for us, plays and scored for them.

Might be worth a fiver 1-0, 1st goalscorer bet, because, United.


"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"
 

28/1/2026 11:07 am  #22


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

That's a statement win from Spartans.  Thumping their closest rivals for the Lg 2 title is impressive, but EK have been on the slide for a few weeks.  Spartans have put together a strong team at that level, but they shouldn't really give us a challenge.

Put it this way, if we are not in the next round of the cup then Jim won't be at Tannadice either.  I don't think there is a realistic chance of that.

 

28/1/2026 7:58 pm  #23


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Goodwin said today that he’s “confident” the game will go ahead on Saturday

 

29/1/2026 2:51 pm  #24


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Snacks94 wrote:

Goodwin said today that he’s “confident” the game will go ahead on Saturday

 
I wonder if we're going to ask for an inspection tomorrow or maybe early Saturday morning.
My Jambo pal messaged me this morning asking what's going on.

 

01/2/2026 1:17 am  #25


Re: Hearts 8pm Saturday kick off

Always_United wrote:

I don't mind it as a one off. For every shift worker who unfortunately can't make it, there will be folk who normally work a Saturday afternoon or have other commitments who can make it. I think it'll be a bumper crowd and great atmosphere too, both sets of fans will make a bit more of a day of it so will be very up for it come kick off.

 
Yeah right!

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera