Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/1/2026 2:24 pm  #1


Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

This exactly sums up why I have never taken to Jim Goodwin, and unfortunately likely never will.

A gutless approach to football, and at times we're winning despite him, I feel.

I'm glad Camara ignored him.

 

22/1/2026 3:48 pm  #2


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

I wish Camara had listened to the manager at Parkhead and played his position rather than being posted missing twice and losing the first two goals.  If he played a more disciplined game he would be playing at a higher level than us.  Perhaps he should reflect on that instead of outing his manager.

I don't disagree with the sentiment though Tek.

 

22/1/2026 5:45 pm  #3


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

The last minute of a match, winning 1-0, quite natural that the manager wants his players to keep their shape.

 

22/1/2026 5:49 pm  #4


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Shedtastic wrote:

The last minute of a match, winning 1-0, quite natural that the manager wants his players to keep their shape.

Against a lower league team who you're dominating?

Not for me. Best way to kill the tie stone dead is score a 2nd. Which we did, despite him.
 

     •Thread Starter
 

22/1/2026 7:30 pm  #5


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Who does this public comment help ?
- Naebidy.
 

 

24/1/2026 11:00 pm  #6


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Finn Seemann wrote:

I wish Camara had listened to the manager at Parkhead and played his position rather than being posted missing twice and losing the first two goals.  If he played a more disciplined game he would be playing at a higher level than us.  Perhaps he should reflect on that instead of outing his manager.

I don't disagree with the sentiment though Tek.

 

25/1/2026 12:03 am  #7


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Tek wrote:

Shedtastic wrote:

The last minute of a match, winning 1-0, quite natural that the manager wants his players to keep their shape.

Against a lower league team who you're dominating?

Not for me. Best way to kill the tie stone dead is score a 2nd. Which we did, despite him.
 

 
This is my thinking. If it was a top flight side or maybe even Perth Saints i would’ve understood but not against Ayr.

 

25/1/2026 9:47 am  #8


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Tek wrote:

This exactly sums up why I have never taken to Jim Goodwin, and unfortunately likely never will.

A gutless approach to football, and at times we're winning despite him, I feel.

I'm glad Camara ignored him.

 
I think you raise a very interesting point which goes well beyond Goodwin and indeed football. Essentially it boils down to fear of losing. If you read Steve Peters book “The Chimp Paradox” he uses the analogy of a 500lbs gorilla in your head shouting “if you don’t defend you’re going to lose the game”…..”there’s only ten mins go go, park the bus”. You can’t subjugate this gorilla , all you can do is reassure it and tell it things are going to be ok. Ultimately is it about having belief in your own abilities. Scottish people lack that quality.

At a basic level, if you (as a team) are attacking, your opponent is defending. Alternatively, if you are defending your opponent is attacking

If we contrast Jim McLean with Fergie, how many times in Hampden finals did McLean try to defend a one goal lead and lose the game? With Fergie you had “Fergie time”: the unshakable belief that you were going to score a goal or two in injury time.

If you look at Danny Rohl or Oliver Glassner, they never “park the bus” they gain an ascendancy and keep attacking.

For that reason, whoever our next manger is, I don’t want a Scottish one.

Last edited by Macbonzo (25/1/2026 12:47 pm)

 

25/1/2026 10:31 am  #9


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Great post 👍

 

25/1/2026 1:08 pm  #10


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Macbonzo wrote:

Tek wrote:

This exactly sums up why I have never taken to Jim Goodwin, and unfortunately likely never will.

A gutless approach to football, and at times we're winning despite him, I feel.

I'm glad Camara ignored him.

 
I think you raise a very interesting point which goes well beyond Goodwin and indeed football. Essentially it boils down to fear of losing. If you read Steve Peters book “The Chimp Paradox” he uses the analogy of a 500lbs gorilla in your head shouting “if you don’t defend you’re going to lose the game”…..”there’s only ten mins go go, park the bus”. You can’t subjugate this gorilla , all you can do is reassure it and tell it things are going to be ok. Ultimately is it about having belief in your own abilities. Scottish people lack that quality.

At a basic level, if you (as a team) are attacking, your opponent is defending. Alternatively, if you are defending your opponent is attacking

If we contrast Jim McLean with Fergie, how many times in Hampden finals did McLean try to defend a one goal lead and lose the game? With Fergie you had “Fergie time”: the unshakable belief that you were going to score a goal or two in injury time.

If you look at Danny Rohl or Oliver Glassner, they never “park the bus” they gain an ascendancy and keep attacking.

For that reason, whoever our next manger is, I don’t want a Scottish one.

 
Just as well we don’t have one of those Scottish managers then. McInnes and McGlynn would be awful…

 

25/1/2026 1:13 pm  #11


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Finn Seemann wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

Tek wrote:

This exactly sums up why I have never taken to Jim Goodwin, and unfortunately likely never will.

A gutless approach to football, and at times we're winning despite him, I feel.

I'm glad Camara ignored him.

 
I think you raise a very interesting point which goes well beyond Goodwin and indeed football. Essentially it boils down to fear of losing. If you read Steve Peters book “The Chimp Paradox” he uses the analogy of a 500lbs gorilla in your head shouting “if you don’t defend you’re going to lose the game”…..”there’s only ten mins go go, park the bus”. You can’t subjugate this gorilla , all you can do is reassure it and tell it things are going to be ok. Ultimately is it about having belief in your own abilities. Scottish people lack that quality.

At a basic level, if you (as a team) are attacking, your opponent is defending. Alternatively, if you are defending your opponent is attacking

If we contrast Jim McLean with Fergie, how many times in Hampden finals did McLean try to defend a one goal lead and lose the game? With Fergie you had “Fergie time”: the unshakable belief that you were going to score a goal or two in injury time.

If you look at Danny Rohl or Oliver Glassner, they never “park the bus” they gain an ascendancy and keep attacking.

For that reason, whoever our next manger is, I don’t want a Scottish one.

 
Just as well we don’t have one of those Scottish managers then. McInnes and McGlynn would be awful…

 
🤣

 

25/1/2026 1:18 pm  #12


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

We all know how stubborn and cautious Goodwin is, but in this particular instance I think, like was posted further up, he's talking about the circumstances of being 1-0 up in the dying embers of the game, and perhaps that Camara was not long back from a niggling injury, so don't bust a gut and pull something.

Maybe, maybe not, but we've read something in black and white, a snippet from a longer interview, without context of what else was said or how it was set up.

 

Last edited by David_Blunkett (25/1/2026 1:20 pm)


"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"
 

25/1/2026 2:07 pm  #13


Re: Pan Camara's comments in the Courier

Finn Seemann wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

Tek wrote:

This exactly sums up why I have never taken to Jim Goodwin, and unfortunately likely never will.

A gutless approach to football, and at times we're winning despite him, I feel.

I'm glad Camara ignored him.

 
I think you raise a very interesting point which goes well beyond Goodwin and indeed football. Essentially it boils down to fear of losing. If you read Steve Peters book “The Chimp Paradox” he uses the analogy of a 500lbs gorilla in your head shouting “if you don’t defend you’re going to lose the game”…..”there’s only ten mins go go, park the bus”. You can’t subjugate this gorilla , all you can do is reassure it and tell it things are going to be ok. Ultimately is it about having belief in your own abilities. Scottish people lack that quality.

At a basic level, if you (as a team) are attacking, your opponent is defending. Alternatively, if you are defending your opponent is attacking

If we contrast Jim McLean with Fergie, how many times in Hampden finals did McLean try to defend a one goal lead and lose the game? With Fergie you had “Fergie time”: the unshakable belief that you were going to score a goal or two in injury time.

If you look at Danny Rohl or Oliver Glassner, they never “park the bus” they gain an ascendancy and keep attacking.

For that reason, whoever our next manger is, I don’t want a Scottish one.

 
Just as well we don’t have one of those Scottish managers then. McInnes and McGlynn would be awful…

Right. Look at Falkirk yesterday against Hibs.

That said, I don't think expecting Camara to keep shape in the last minute of a cup game where you're 1-0 is so egregious.

 

Board footera