Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/8/2024 8:08 pm  #601

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Watt - I can't be bothered with lazy players. I can't be bothered with players who think they are bigger than the team. I can't be bothered with players who are always "looking for contact" to go down. I can't be bothered with players who are disruptive in the dressing room. Trapanovski, Sevelj, Ferry - we're two games into the season and all three have already put in as many hard-working, effective performances as Watt did in two seasons. And they won't be on close to the wages that we were (are?) paying Watt.

McLeod - the lad has ability, but I can count on the fingers of one finger the number of young players who have had a billy big baws attitude and have then seen the error of their ways, knuckled down and become a successful player and important part of our team.

Kai - I think he was our second top scorer last season, in his first full season, and he's not even a forward. There is plenty of room for improvement, and I'd hope he is given the chance to stay in the squad and learn from the professionals he's now surrounded by. He might only be a squad player this season, but we do still need squad players, and I can't fault his work rate and attitude.

14/8/2024 1:43 am  #602

Conway11 wrote:

Hearing a young boy on loan from liverpool is on way - Oakley Cannonier

That to me is a helluva risky signing if true.

Never played 1st team football and has had injuries. 

14/8/2024 2:41 am  #603

Tek wrote:

Conway11 wrote:

Injury risk aside, Liverpool 2nd team is probably a lot better than our first team. Could be anything though I suppose, and it's a loan after all so not as big a gamble as Ryan" hammy"Strain

14/8/2024 7:58 am  #604

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Conway11 wrote:

Injury risk aside, Liverpool 2nd team is probably a lot better than our first team. Could be anything though I suppose, and it's a loan after all so not as big a gamble as Ryan" hammy"Strain

I get what you're saying, but do you remember Tim Akinola from Arsenal?  Or Kuhl who was the England under 20's (I think) captain.

Both came from a decent parent club with good reputations, but were woeful in the SPL.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

14/8/2024 9:29 am  #605

Any of these guys coming from a premiership or championship academy, will mostly be physically and technically a good bit ahead of our young lads.

But they'll have had a pretty sterile apprenticeship, nice coach trips playing v other elite academies, not many will have played in a blood and snotters Scottish football type environment.

A mate said a lot of these lads are 'scratchcards' you sign up a load, hoping you win a prize, which is a decent point. I suppose it's the same up here to an extent, but you only have to look a the likes of Chelsea who had about 43 players on loan a few years back, yet still overlooked them and continued to buy in overpriced shite.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

14/8/2024 12:22 pm  #606

Macho Man wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

I get what you're saying, but do you remember Tim Akinola from Arsenal?  Or Kuhl who was the England under 20's (I think) captain.

Both came from a decent parent club with good reputations, but were woeful in the SPL.

Akinola had 45 minutes in a united shirt,not really the best example.

14/8/2024 3:23 pm  #607

I see that the utter filth across road are aiming for £1m for a boy that can agree a contract with anyone in 4 months. What an utter laughing stock they are.

14/8/2024 3:46 pm  #608

Conway11 wrote:

I see that the utter filth across road are aiming for £1m for a boy that can agree a contract with anyone in 4 months. What an utter laughing stock they are.

Good on them, hopefully we would do the same.

If that’s what they think he is worth to the team, why sell him for any less

All Scottish teams have been taking for mugs over the years for transfer fees about time we all started demanding what players are actually worth

14/8/2024 3:47 pm  #609

Luca Stephenson  can play defensive midfielder/RWB/LWB on loan from Liverpool been rumoured by the tele

Last edited by SuperMario (14/8/2024 3:56 pm)

14/8/2024 4:02 pm  #610

SuperMario wrote:

Conway11 wrote:

All Scottish teams have been taking for mugs over the years for transfer fees about time we all started demanding what players are actually worth

It is absoultely pie in the sky and they'll get just under it and take it. Minnows.

14/8/2024 5:36 pm  #611

The boy McCoqan is a decent player, but he's nowhere near how they are rating him.

They'll play poker face trying to get as much as they can, as they're still pretending they're wanting to build the stadium.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (14/8/2024 6:05 pm)

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

14/8/2024 8:03 pm  #612

SuperMario wrote:

Luca Stephenson can play defensive midfielder/RWB/LWB on loan from Liverpool been rumoured by the tele

Unlike the Cannonier rumour that is one who would be a very good signing, i think (despite being the same age).

Played 34 times for Barrow in League Two last season and played RWB, CDM and LB.

Liverpool fans been raving about him during pre-season, seen a couple even comparing him to a right sided Andy Robertson.

Huddersfield and Wigan also in for him. We'd do well to get him.

14/8/2024 8:19 pm  #613

Alan Temple doesn't seem to post stuff until it's almost certainly done. Haven't read the article, but a good indication it is happening if he is on it.

Wing back on either side that can also play centre midfield is a welcome addition. 3 positions we feel light in at the moment.

15/8/2024 7:31 am  #614

LarsErikKjell wrote:

Alan Temple doesn't seem to post stuff until it's almost certainly done. Haven't read the article, but a good indication it is happening if he is on it.

Wing back on either side that can also play centre midfield is a welcome addition. 3 positions we feel light in at the moment.

I don't suppose he's a triplet......

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

15/8/2024 11:49 am  #615

SuperMario wrote:

Conway11 wrote:

Exactly this, Celtic are wanting £27m for ORiley. The other 10 Scottish clubs should inflate their prices as best they can and get more from the ugly sisters. 

15/8/2024 1:28 pm  #616

WeeDude_83 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Conway11 wrote:

Exactly this, Celtic are wanting £27m for ORiley. The other 10 Scottish clubs should inflate their prices as best they can and get more from the ugly sisters. 

Oh dear.

15/8/2024 2:37 pm  #617

Top 6 is worth 2 million quid. That plus gate money playing potentially an old firm, Aberdeen and united it could be worth nearly 2.5 million.

Giving mccowan away for 750K isn’t worth that.

Hope they do though and crumble.

15/8/2024 4:04 pm  #618

LUCA STEPHENSON #3
Shirt there if he wants it.
Might be the best of the lot.

15/8/2024 8:07 pm  #620

I haven't been as impressed by some of the signings as some on here but after watching a bit on YouTube and his interview I get a good feeling about the lad.

15/8/2024 8:17 pm  #621

He’s certainly saying all the right things, got high hopes for him.

Get him in the starting 11 Sunday, hard game but will give him a good introduction to Scottish football

16/8/2024 12:33 am  #622

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I haven't been as impressed by some of the signings as some on here but after watching a bit on YouTube and his interview I get a good feeling about the lad.

12 Signings you're doing well to only get 1 flop
=>
Odada: get him out on loan.
Adegboya: fringe/squad
Holt: fringe/good squad player
Middleton: sell, thanks for you're best efforts last year

Buzzing with signings so far, not just quality but balance, right players for positions.
Get another CF I'll be totally buzzing.

10/10 Jim.

16/8/2024 12:55 am  #623

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Agreed.

On both counts.

16/8/2024 2:04 am  #624

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

12 Signings you're doing well to only get 1 flop
=>
Odada: get him out on loan.
Adegboya: fringe/squad
Holt: fringe/good squad player
Middleton: sell, thanks for you're best efforts last year

Buzzing with signings so far, not just quality but balance, right players for positions.
Get another CF I'll be totally buzzing.

10/10 Jim.

Odada needs games,ridiculous to write him off already

16/8/2024 8:08 am  #625

Do you not think the new boy looks like a Roman general?
Think we should call him Lucius.
Though why not the #3 shirt a la Robbo?

Board footera