Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/7/2024 10:32 am  #476

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Yeah that’s true.

24/7/2024 4:14 pm  #477

Kenyan international midfielder set to sign, Odada

24/7/2024 4:16 pm  #478

Photos on Twitter and elsewhere, presumably the guy named in the post above and the ginger Dutch lad.

Edit, Daily Record tunning with the story confirming Odada and Sande have agreed deals.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (24/7/2024 4:18 pm)

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

24/7/2024 4:40 pm  #479

Big 6ft3 Kenyan holding midfielder, the Kenyan press have him down as the heir to Victor Wanyama, that’s exactly what we’re needing.

24/7/2024 5:00 pm  #480

Another big breaker in the middle and another striker are part of what we are needing.

Anyone want to have a bash at a set up?

I know it should be horses for courses and maybe change depending on how the opposition set up and not rigidly stick to a formation but how do we line up?

All being fit and well and assuming he sticks with a back three.

...........................Walton

...........Sevejl Gallacher Graham

Strain...........................................Ferry

..........Odada.............Sibbald

......................Babunksi

..........Trapanovski..........Moult/Sande

Last edited by David_Blunkett (24/7/2024 5:01 pm)

25/7/2024 3:15 pm  #481

Van Der Sande confirmed. Thank f*** cause Moult has looked a shadow of the player he was a few years ago so far in the cup.

25/7/2024 5:06 pm  #482

Morphman wrote:

Van Der Sande confirmed. Thank f*** cause Moult has looked a shadow of the player he was a few years ago so far in the cup.

VDS spoke very well, mentions that he is a physical player which will help.

Time will tell but I get a good feeling about this guy.

26/7/2024 4:46 pm  #483

Anyone know what the hold up is with the 6ft 3' Kenyan?

26/7/2024 4:52 pm  #484

CCX2 2010 wrote:

https://www.pulsesports.co.ke/football/story/harambee-stars-midfielder-richard-odada-cleared-to-join-scottish-side-2024072515492597269

Maybe an on field reveal, brought out at H-T?

Been a while since we done one of those, IIRC it was Brian Graham the last time.

26/7/2024 5:15 pm  #485

David_Blunkett wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

https://www.pulsesports.co.ke/football/story/harambee-stars-midfielder-richard-odada-cleared-to-join-scottish-side-2024072515492597269

Been a while since we done one of those, IIRC it was Brian Graham the last time.

Cheers for that David, work hard all week, beer in hand looking forward to the game.

And you somehow manage to try and put a dampener on my day mentioning that useless turd 😃

26/7/2024 7:01 pm  #486

CCX2 2010 wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Cheers for that David, work hard all week, beer in hand looking forward to the game.

And you somehow manage to try and put a dampener on my day mentioning that useless turd 😃

He's signed a 2 year deal, club have an option of a 3rd.

He starts tonight along with Sande.

Watt not even on the bench, nor is Grimshaw.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (26/7/2024 7:02 pm)

27/7/2024 1:23 am  #487

Hearing Tony Watt has turned down a move to Partick.

He's apparently in the squad for the B Teams trip back up the road to Buckie on Tuesday.

27/7/2024 11:37 am  #488

Goodwin still wants at least another couple in apparently. One should be here early next week. Whereabouts are we still light? Definitely at Centre Half for me, I’d potentially be looking for two there if the budget allows. I don’t think Sevelj is a centre half at all, maybe a right back in a back 4 or a holding midfielder, but he’s just too wee to play there in Scottish football for me.

A right sided Trapanovksi or maybe a pacy striker? I’d maybe go with the striker if it was one of the two, cause I’ve got great faith in Brandon Forbes based on what we’ve seen of him so far. Wee chunt’s fearless, doesn’t seem to give fuck who he’s up against, just wants to run at boys and skin them all day. Obviously has some amount of confidence to step up and say he’s taking the free kick when we’re needing to win the game. Only came to us from boys club football last season. There’s something to be said for that. Great to see a kid who’s no been over coached into being a possession at all costs, backward passing, negative drone.

27/7/2024 12:31 pm  #489

JerryDungle wrote:

Goodwin still wants at least another couple in apparently. One should be here early next week. Whereabouts are we still light? Definitely at Centre Half for me, I’d potentially be looking for two there if the budget allows. I don’t think Sevelj is a centre half at all, maybe a right back in a back 4 or a holding midfielder, but he’s just too wee to play there in Scottish football for me.

A right sided Trapanovksi or maybe a pacy striker? I’d maybe go with the striker if it was one of the two, cause I’ve got great faith in Brandon Forbes based on what we’ve seen of him so far. Wee chunt’s fearless, doesn’t seem to give fuck who he’s up against, just wants to run at boys and skin them all day. Obviously has some amount of confidence to step up and say he’s taking the free kick when we’re needing to win the game. Only came to us from boys club football last season. There’s something to be said for that. Great to see a kid who’s no been over coached into being a possession at all costs, backward passing, negative drone.

Rumour of Fraser Hornby doing the rounds apparently

27/7/2024 1:49 pm  #490

Arabdownsouth wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Rumour of Fraser Hornby doing the rounds apparently

Nah, no chance. We don’t need another big striker.

27/7/2024 2:32 pm  #491

We are really lacking depth, think that was incredibly noticeable from the bench we had last night, with only sibbald and doc really missing as watt and Grimshaw look like there on there way out.

Need another striker that has a bit of pace/power about them, jort and moult seem incredibly similar

If we are going with the three another centre back would handy, still feel we’re slightly light on the wing and in midfield but also LWB and RWB, canna see all them getting added, interesting to see where Goodwin goes with this.

27/7/2024 10:37 pm  #492

Holt did better than I thought he might up against quick movement of Luton forwards. Thought Ross Graham was solid, and Cleall-Harding came onto a decent game after a shaky start. If anything, Holt looked like he adapted better than Declan Gallagher. Yes, another right-sided CH would be nice, but after watching our defensive shape yesterday and how good a job our midfield did (most of the time) at keeping Luton on the outside and taking away passing lanes, I would not lose any sleep if we went into the season with the CH choices that we have. If we are going to play a 3 in the middle, I'd be tempted to have Sevelj central and sweeping in behind a Ross Graham + 1 CH pairing, and I wouldn't be against that +1 being Sam Harding, fairly often. Yes, we'll take a couple of beatings as young lads don't have the consistency of the seasoned pros. But let them develop in the team.

Any word on Strain? When he's back (which could be a number of months away), I think we have the makings of a decent team here, with enough experience to be able to play a couple of young lads regularly and let them grow.

For as far back as I can remember, for every one player brought in that has had a positive impact on the team, there have been 2 or 3 plumbers signed. Goodwin and his scouting team are knocking that statistic out of the park, at this point. I also think his man-management has been very good. Treated Watt in a way that got some performances out of him at a time when we couldn't afford (both financially and due to squad depth) to let him go, and now that we are in a better position and can offload him, Watt's done. I won't soon forget Watt and Mulgrew doing their "player power" bit to let us get pumped more than once so that Jack Ross was punted. Looks like Goodwin hasn't forgotten that either.

Based on recruitment (both in and out), man-management, and on getting us up at the first time of asking, I'll put my tin hat on and say I hope we stick with Goodwin for a full season at least. I think he knows what he's doing - despite what happened at Aberdeen.

28/7/2024 7:52 am  #493

Canadian Arab wrote:

Holt did better than I thought he might up against quick movement of Luton forwards. Thought Ross Graham was solid, and Cleall-Harding came onto a decent game after a shaky start. If anything, Holt looked like he adapted better than Declan Gallagher. Yes, another right-sided CH would be nice, but after watching our defensive shape yesterday and how good a job our midfield did (most of the time) at keeping Luton on the outside and taking away passing lanes, I would not lose any sleep if we went into the season with the CH choices that we have. If we are going to play a 3 in the middle, I'd be tempted to have Sevelj central and sweeping in behind a Ross Graham + 1 CH pairing, and I wouldn't be against that +1 being Sam Harding, fairly often. Yes, we'll take a couple of beatings as young lads don't have the consistency of the seasoned pros. But let them develop in the team.

Any word on Strain? When he's back (which could be a number of months away), I think we have the makings of a decent team here, with enough experience to be able to play a couple of young lads regularly and let them grow.

For as far back as I can remember, for every one player brought in that has had a positive impact on the team, there have been 2 or 3 plumbers signed. Goodwin and his scouting team are knocking that statistic out of the park, at this point. I also think his man-management has been very good. Treated Watt in a way that got some performances out of him at a time when we couldn't afford (both financially and due to squad depth) to let him go, and now that we are in a better position and can offload him, Watt's done. I won't soon forget Watt and Mulgrew doing their "player power" bit to let us get pumped more than once so that Jack Ross was punted. Looks like Goodwin hasn't forgotten that either.

Based on recruitment (both in and out), man-management, and on getting us up at the first time of asking, I'll put my tin hat on and say I hope we stick with Goodwin for a full season at least. I think he knows what he's doing - despite what happened at Aberdeen.

That’s one of the most sensible posts I’ve seen in the last few days! Far too many slate players and are absolutely vile towards them at times. JG is trying something new and with half a team of new signings, it won’t happen overnight but some fans prefer to voice nothing but negativity towards players and management. No wonder players preferred to play away from home last season! Credit to Goodwin for some of these signings, as they look really good so I just hope fans don’t turn on them the way they have with others. Football is all about opinions and fans have the right to have their say, but I’d rather support our players than go against them. Goodwin has shown he is not afraid to ditch players who done well and started a lot of last season’s games (Watt, McMann, Middleton) and bring in better (Trapadona, Babunski, Ferry) players he thinks are a step above in preparation for the premier league. Time will tell and hopefully the fans stick with the players for the full game in the Derby, as the players will need positivity from us against a team full of confidence. 

28/7/2024 8:11 am  #494

That's a very good summary CA and I agree with most of your conjectures apart from having to wait for Strain's return before we have a decent team.
One man I'm glad I'm not next week is Jim Goodwin, I'd hate to have to pick our best XI for Sunday.
Our pre-season has been a wee bit of a mish-mash with one step forward and half a step back.
So picking the best starting XI from the old, the new & the young won't be at all easy.
Good luck Jim & Co.

28/7/2024 8:22 am  #495

There’s an interview in online courier with Goodwin re Watt and Sibbald’s absence on Friday that I can’t access, can anyone give me the jist of it?

Last edited by Snacks94 (28/7/2024 8:22 am)

28/7/2024 8:47 am  #496

Arabchic wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

That’s one of the most sensible posts I’ve seen in the last few days! Far too many slate players and are absolutely vile towards them at times. JG is trying something new and with half a team of new signings, it won’t happen overnight but some fans prefer to voice nothing but negativity towards players and management. No wonder players preferred to play away from home last season! Credit to Goodwin for some of these signings, as they look really good so I just hope fans don’t turn on them the way they have with others. Football is all about opinions and fans have the right to have their say, but I’d rather support our players than go against them. Goodwin has shown he is not afraid to ditch players who done well and started a lot of last season’s games (Watt, McMann, Middleton) and bring in better (Trapadona, Babunski, Ferry) players he thinks are a step above in preparation for the premier league. Time will tell and hopefully the fans stick with the players for the full game in the Derby, as the players will need positivity from us against a team full of confidence. 

Both really good posts. Goodwin does seem to be too stubborn with tactics at times. Doesn’t make subs or react quick enough during games. But recruitment and man management seem very good. For derby I think we will play well if Sibbald and Docherty or new guy are ready. If not we could struggle.

28/7/2024 9:15 am  #497

Snacks94 wrote:

There’s an interview in online courier with Goodwin re Watt and Sibbald’s absence on Friday that I can’t access, can anyone give me the jist of it?

He felt Watt would benefit more from a full training session at St Andrews rather than being in the squad for the game. Sibbald was just rested as he was tired as has played every minute so far so was a precaution.

28/7/2024 10:52 am  #498

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

He felt Watt would benefit more from a full training session at St Andrews rather than being in the squad for the game. Sibbald was just rested as he was tired as has played every minute so far so was a precaution.

Cheers, imagine Sibbald will start next week then beside Babunski.  Think Watt will be away if we can get someone to take him.

28/7/2024 5:29 pm  #499

Arabchic wrote:

That’s one of the most sensible posts I’ve seen in the last few days! Far too many slate players and are absolutely vile towards them at times.

No-one has been 'vile' towards any players. Not on here anyway.

There may be comments that certain players aren't good enough, but if the players are on here seeking out opinions then that's on them. 

28/7/2024 7:20 pm  #500

Tek wrote:

Arabchic wrote:

That’s one of the most sensible posts I’ve seen in the last few days! Far too many slate players and are absolutely vile towards them at times.

No-one has been 'vile' towards any players. Not on here anyway.

There may be comments that certain players aren't good enough, but if the players are on here seeking out opinions then that's on them. 

I never said “vile” on here as it was a general observation. I would also doubt players are on here to see what folk say but time will tell who cuts the mustard and my only hope it fans cut them some slack. 

Board footera