Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/5/2024 3:57 pm  #126

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

For some reason I like Raith. They are a biggish team with a good travelling support who would benefit the top league. But plastic pitch. They can get tae. Falkirk are the same.

R/C are a pishy wee team with no fans, in the middle of no where. The story makes football interesting, but it’s not good for the top league when clubs like them, Livi, Accies get up and stay up.

Has to be Saints to stay up for us. Good derby crowds. Great away day. Grass pitch. Well run club.

19/5/2024 9:49 pm  #127

Raith = plastic = injuries.
Raith = plastic - ball skidding on at a million miles an hour = weird football.
RC for me.

19/5/2024 10:10 pm  #128

If Raith were playing St Johnstone, I would have reluctantly accepted the plastic pitch in the top league.

Now, I'm genuinely not arsed who wins between the bible thumping weirdo, virgin burning cunts or the sister humpers.

Just as long as it ends in a dramatic, horrible, ridiculous, unfortunate, last minute way for the losing team.

There will be great footage of fans crying through their 12 fingers.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

20/5/2024 7:45 am  #129

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Raith = plastic = injuries.
Raith = plastic - ball skidding on at a million miles an hour = weird football.
RC for me.

Bang on , keep plastic pitches out of full time football.

20/5/2024 7:50 am  #130

If Raith do make it can we count on them to be 12th next season & so giving us some insurance?
Just in case we don't make the Top Six ;)

20/5/2024 8:56 am  #131

If raith stay down we have 5 teams with plastic.
Raith airdrie falkirk hamilton and livi.

20/5/2024 10:01 am  #132

yanarab31 wrote:

If raith stay down we have 5 teams with plastic.
Raith airdrie falkirk hamilton and livi.

Won't be our problem thank fuck!

20/5/2024 11:03 am  #133

I see Scott Banks, formerly of this parish has been released by Crystal Palace. Done his ACL this season at St. Pauli, but ripped it up the previous season at Bradford I believe. Might be worth a look.

Greg Docherty, ex-Rangers & Hull city midfielder’s a free agent now too. Think he’d be a quality signing, but might have his sights set higher than us.

21/5/2024 9:59 pm  #134

JerryDungle wrote:

I see Scott Banks, formerly of this parish has been released by Crystal Palace. Done his ACL this season at St. Pauli, but ripped it up the previous season at Bradford I believe. Might be worth a look.

Greg Docherty, ex-Rangers & Hull city midfielder’s a free agent now too. Think he’d be a quality signing, but might have his sights set higher than us.

Greg Docherty would be an excellent signing for most of the Scottish premiership, very good player.

21/5/2024 10:45 pm  #135

I assume we won’t see any proper incomings until at least June 1st

22/5/2024 7:56 am  #136

JerryDungle wrote:

Forgot about Banks, he'd be well worth a look, he had brilliant potential. But one wonders, like so many others, is he losing his way?

22/5/2024 11:55 am  #137

United Arab Emarite wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Forgot about Banks, he'd be well worth a look, he had brilliant potential. But one wonders, like so many others, is he losing his way?

He couldn't fuck off quick enough before,so he can carry on fucking off for me.

22/5/2024 2:07 pm  #138

Totally forgot about the boy Docherty.  I assume he'd be on a pretty big wedge at Hull to probably out of our price range?  Who knows.

As for Banks - another kid who was hyped up way beyond his ability I fear.   As mentioned, he could not wait to get away, I suppose you cannot blame these kids who see the bright lights of the Premier League dangled in front of them.  A no thanks for me on that one I think.

22/5/2024 2:25 pm  #139

Fear a lot of players are blinded by the prospect but end up playing in the EPL age group and under 23 league or out on loan before being released - i think more young players will try to become established in the first team and then move overseas which has seemed to help a lot progress in recent years.

Tin Hat time - notice Jon McCracken has been released by Norwich, i know he played for the Dee last season but may be worth a conversation depending on options out there

22/5/2024 3:46 pm  #140

A lot of these youngsters that make the jump to English academies, would be better served by looking at how many established players move to Rangers and Celtic and end up binned.

Even being a standout for United is no guarantee you'll even make the grade in the same league.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

22/5/2024 8:22 pm  #141

David_Blunkett wrote:

A lot of these youngsters that make the jump to English academies, would be better served by looking at how many established players move to Rangers and Celtic and end up binned.

Even being a standout for United is no guarantee you'll even make the grade in the same league.

They all see dollar signs and jump at the first chance with 9/10 being binned and having to come back up here to the lower leagues.

I’d rather sign a 2 year deal at united on 2K a week as a kid knowing that 2 decent seasons and you’ll get some nice big contracts from down south than unrealistically try to make it at an English premiership side.

22/5/2024 9:04 pm  #142

United Arab Emarite wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Banks is signing permanent deal at St. Pauli after being on loan there at end of the season.

23/5/2024 10:26 am  #143

Dave Richards signing goalkeeper been on loan at st j not played a game.

Presumably be the back up so Newman can go on loan for the season

23/5/2024 11:19 am  #144

Courier saying he could have signed for St Johnstone again, but didn't want to return to be back up to their current nr 1 and sees United as a better way to first team football.

If Richards signs, at face value I don't see Walton coming back.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

23/5/2024 11:49 am  #145

SuperMario wrote:

In his 30s and played under 100 games.

I hope to fuck he's the back-up and there is a better standard No.1 coming.

23/5/2024 12:07 pm  #146

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

In his 30s and played under 100 games.

I hope to fuck he's the back-up and there is a better standard No.1 coming.

Few Airdrie fans I know have said their goalkeeper is coming to us. He missed the back end of the season due to concussion.

23/5/2024 12:10 pm  #147

Pretty certain he’ll be signed as the number 2. Goodwin’s no stupid, he’s not gonna make a boy who’s played under 100 games in his career his first choice keeper. He’s probably just been told he’ll have the chance to start if he impresses, but no way we don’t sign a more established number 1.

No doubt most people will be apoplectic with rage on social media at this though, without even considering that he won’t be the only keeper we sign this summer.

23/5/2024 1:20 pm  #148

It's hardly an inspiring signing tbf.

A guy deemed surplus at Crewe and who never played 1 minute for St.Johnstone.

Was hoping for something a bit more exciting under our new Head of Recruitment. Seems a lazy signing.

23/5/2024 1:34 pm  #149

Tek wrote:

It's hardly an inspiring signing tbf.

A guy deemed surplus at Crewe and who never played 1 minute for St.Johnstone.

Was hoping for something a bit more exciting under our new Head of Recruitment. Seems a lazy signing.

He’s literally being signed as a backup keeper, how exciting can they really be? Were you hoping for Neuer?

23/5/2024 1:44 pm  #150

From memory, Goodwin seems to have a good record when it comes to signing keepers.

Roos at Aberdeen and Walton being the two that immediately spring to mind.

Might be worth remembering that Walton was 3rd choice at Luton and most of us would be happy if he returned.  I think he had played less than 100 first team games before signing for us.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

Board footera