Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/3/2024 6:41 pm  #1

The winning line

United played 31, points-62
Raith played 30, points-58

4 wins from 5 will guarantee the championship trophy but I can't see us getting that.

How many do you think will get the job done?

My guess, I think Raith will draw at least 2 of their last 6 which would leave us needing to get 72 to lift the trophy on Friday 3rd May.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (31/3/2024 8:09 pm)

31/3/2024 7:29 pm  #2

Re: The winning line

CCX2 2010 wrote:

United played 31, points-62
Raith played 30, points-58

5 wins from 6 will guarantee the championship trophy but I can't see us getting that.

How many do you think will get the job done?

My guess, I think Raith will draw at least 2 of their last 6 which would leave us needing to get 72 to lift the trophy on Friday 3rd May.

Well it would have to be 5 wins from 5 as we don't have 6 games left 😉

31/3/2024 7:59 pm  #3

I've mad a Noel Hunt of this 😀.

4 wins from 5, so for me 72 points.

You ? @ADS

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (31/3/2024 8:09 pm)

31/3/2024 8:50 pm  #4

CCX2 2010 wrote:

You ? @ADS

I'd stick with the one game at a time mindset tbh,but will absolutely be hoping Raith go on a downer after yesterday. I do feel that if we can win next weekend and they don't then it'll be hard for them to overhaul us with only a few games left.

31/3/2024 8:52 pm  #5

CCX2 2010 wrote:

You ? @ADS

4 wins will give us 74 points 🤣🤣🤣

31/3/2024 8:53 pm  #6

Sshhhhhh ....

31/3/2024 9:22 pm  #7

3 wins, a draw & a defeat might be a realistic tally & would put us on 72 points which must be a league winning total.
For Raith to get 73 points you're looking at 5 wins & a defeat for them. Nae chance. They'll have to go some & they're getting found out, 7 points from last 5 games, we're 10 points.
Wm Hill has us at 1/5 & Raith at 10/3.
One game at a time tho, as per usual. Nice we're going to Hampden for a Sat 3pm kick-off.

31/3/2024 10:09 pm  #8

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

You ? @ADS

4 wins will give us 74 points 🤣🤣🤣

I did say in my opening post that they can only get 72 if they draw 2.

4 wins and two draws ( all pure guess work, not my maths😀).

31/3/2024 10:11 pm  #9

United Arab Emarite wrote:

3 wins, a draw & a defeat might be a realistic tally & would put us on 72 points which must be a league winning total.
For Raith to get 73 points you're looking at 5 wins & a defeat for them. Nae chance. They'll have to go some & they're getting found out, 7 points from last 5 games, we're 10 points.
One game at a time tho, as per usual. Nice we're going to Hampden for a Sat 3pm kick-off.

Bookies are very rarely wrong 🤞

31/3/2024 10:29 pm  #10

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I had a tenner on Raith to win yesterday and a fiver on the draw. I'm fucking useless at gambling so it was tied on we'd win. Absolutely delighted to be 15 quid down and will be banging a bit of cash on Raith to win the title, should make us a banker!

31/3/2024 10:59 pm  #11

I reckon 3 wins from 5 sees us home and hosed comfortably, however, despite how shite they are, I don't want a situation where one of those 3 wins need to come on the last game of the season.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

31/3/2024 11:49 pm  #12

David_Blunkett wrote:

I reckon 3 wins from 5 sees us home and hosed comfortably, however, despite how shite they are, I don't want a situation where one of those 3 wins need to come on the last game of the season.

Agreed,praying it's done and dusted before then.

01/4/2024 8:00 am  #13

Arabdownsouth wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Agreed,praying it's done and dusted before then.

If it is done & dusted before then the celebrations could well be at an Excelsior Friday, hardly the Field of Dreams.

01/4/2024 10:19 pm  #14

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I had a tenner on Raith to win yesterday and a fiver on the draw. I'm fucking useless at gambling so it was tied on we'd win. Absolutely delighted to be 15 quid down and will be banging a bit of cash on Raith to win the title, should make us a banker!

I did the same, was delighted to lose £30.

02/4/2024 8:35 am  #15

kdyteejay wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I don't know if I can ever forgive myself but I for the first time in my life bet against my team. Honest!
I had some loose change on Raith Rovers @ 10/3.

Queens Park looking very attractive @ 4/1 on Saturday....

02/4/2024 9:46 am  #16

Got a free £1 bet builder so doing 3-0 united, united ht&ft and a goal in both halves.

14/1.

02/4/2024 9:34 pm  #17

kdyteejay wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Me too, I said Raith 2 v 1 in Prediction League.

07/4/2024 4:53 am  #18

With both teams winning, it's still 76 points to get us over the line.

Win the four remaining games and we will be champions.

08/4/2024 9:44 pm  #19

I'll be delighted to get out this league, but it's not a celebration thing, it'll be "Thank fuck and let's never do this again!"

But for the younger fans that have never got to see a trophy win or are likely to anytime soon crack on, enjoy it if you like, invade the pitch, make mugs, flags, keyrings, buy bricks etc

So with that in mind i'm expecting Raith to lose to Airdrie, Draw with Thistle, we beat Morton and then on the Friday night they lose to ICT.

We win the league by not playing as we won't lose our remaining 3 games 8-0 whilst Raith win the last two 4-0.

We don't even get to have that roar of relief as we see out the game that seals it.

08/4/2024 10:05 pm  #20

I've seen all the trophy wins we've had and fully intend to celebrate if we get over the line in the Championship
It may be the last thing I ever see us win.

08/4/2024 10:35 pm  #21

Read my initial post back and maybe should've worded it better.

There's celebrating and there's celebrating.

I will celebrate getting out the league, we'll go to the pub and have a cracking weekend and all will be well again, but for me, it won't be classed as an achievement, something we look back on with any great fondness, or hold anniversary dinners for.

Sorry if that comes over as arsey or arrogant, it's not, it's just the way the club has been allowed to fall from grace that riles me, we should never have found ourselves in position again after 1995, let alone spending another 4 seasons down here, then head back so soon after we got up last time.

As you have, I've seen them all, too young to appreciate what the 2 league cup wins and league meant though.

94 was brilliant having suffered so many times, going there, beating the best team in the land, against the odds, a really brilliant day, that feeling at the final whistle will stay with me for life, the city centre was great on the Sunday.

2010 from a 'personal point of view' was perhaps better, standing there with my two boys getting to see us lift the cup was amazing, can't describe how great that was, but the match itself was a formality, we were winning it with that team the minute County put out Celtic.

09/4/2024 9:58 pm  #22

Winning line is now 73 points, raith could match this if they win last 4, our goal difference would make us champions

09/4/2024 10:04 pm  #23

Yip, 8 points more and we are officially champions.

3 points on Friday might just be the one that finally break their spirit.

Mon let's do this with a bit to spare.

09/4/2024 10:06 pm  #24

Kinda even things oot after the shitey result we got fae Airdrie.

We win 2 oot the last 4 and Raith need to win 4.
We'd be on 71 points.

3 wins and a draw wouldna be enough for them. They'd be on 71 tae but oor GD....

Of coorse, we've still to play Airdrie....

09/4/2024 10:19 pm  #25

Massive game Friday!

Board footera