Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/4/2024 2:04 pm  #26

Re: Queens Park vs Utd - Saturday 6th April

Supposed to be brutal tomorrow, especially in the West.

04/4/2024 3:29 pm  #27

Shedtastic wrote:

Please stay on topic. We're talking about the weather.

04/4/2024 3:44 pm  #28

Shedtastic wrote:

It is.

Hopefully QP have their rain covers on later tonight.

04/4/2024 10:56 pm  #29

We’re away to hit 30 hours of rain and at kick off 48 mile an hour winds. Let’s hope hampden is okay.

05/4/2024 1:20 am  #30

Just took the wheelie bin out before bed and it's a blizzard outside with snow.

Heavy as fuck.

06/4/2024 11:08 am  #31

Same team, result and performance as last week please.

06/4/2024 5:48 pm  #32

Another £15 down the swanny 🤣 fucking brilliant!! 🏆🥇✨️

06/4/2024 5:54 pm  #33

Got in for an under 16 for £8 the day, great result on and off the pitch😂😂

06/4/2024 6:27 pm  #34

Was expecting a win the day, 2 nil, 2-1, 3-1 mibbee, something like that, but wasn't expecting 5 nil.

That'll dae for the next 4 gehms. Phucking brilliant.

Just a shame about the Fife hoors result.

07/4/2024 2:53 am  #35

Strange one today, in all honesty.

Dominated from minute one until minute 90, scored 5, should have scored more, had 20 shots at goal.

And yet it all felt like we never had to get out of 2nd gear.

Crowd strangely subdued in celebrations etc.

Not a criticism in any way, just an observation. I enjoyed our performance, for the most part. Well until the 70th minute anyway (the subs just offered NOTHING).

But a 0-5 win away is always good, in any league, and particularly at Hampden.

First time we've scored at the National Stadium in 14 years. 

Shows the level of abject decline. Nowhere good enough for DUFC. 

Nonetheless, an enjoyable day in the Hampden spring Sunshine.

We are still miles away from where we need to be as a club imo, but let's just get out of this league first.

07/4/2024 4:59 am  #36

Two back to back easy wins, today was as comfortable a second 45 as we have gad all season.

As TEK says above the atmosphere went flat after Moults penalty miss however it picked up for 25 minutes where we ran right over the top of them.

Defenders done very well despite the conditions,  it was great to spread the goals around the team but for me, Ross Docherty 👏. He ran the show in the middle,  completely bossed it, never missed a thing.

On to Greenock next where it won't be a classis against this mob.

07/4/2024 9:02 am  #37

Tek wrote:

Dominated from minute one until minute 90, scored 5, should have scored more, had 20 shots at goal.

Not a criticism in any way, just an observation. I enjoyed our performance, for the most part. Well until the 70th minute anyway (the subs just offered NOTHING).

We are still miles away from where we need to be as a club imo, but let's just get out of this league first.

5-0 up you'd think we would relax get the ball down and play. Walton was just blootering the ball down the park. Couldn't understand that. 

07/4/2024 11:27 am  #38

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

5-0 up you'd think we would relax get the ball down and play. Walton was just blootering the ball down the park. Couldn't understand that. 

I think the conditions played a part in that at times.

Zidane was sitting in front of me yesterday  trying to tell mates how young Miller T could take a bit of his crosses. 55mph winds🤦‍♂️

Good to see Gallagher and Holt taking photos with young boys and girls also, that was a nice touch.

07/4/2024 10:19 pm  #39

Highlights.

Like a lot of other people in the away end i couldn't fathom how Utd hadn't scored around the 10th minute mark. I was convinced i had seen the net ripple.

Looking at the highlights back, that is an  utterly incredible save by their Keeper. Probably the best save i've ever seen in the flesh, actually.

08/4/2024 12:07 am  #40

Tek wrote:

Highlights.

Like a lot of other people in the away end i couldn't fathom how Utd hadn't scored around the 10th minute mark. I was convinced i had seen the net ripple.

Looking at the highlights back, that is an  utterly incredible save by their Keeper. Probably the best save i've ever seen in the flesh, actually.

Moult seemed to think it crossed the line but impossible to tell from any angle I've seen.  Some stop though, wasn't convinced by our keeper though tbh.

08/4/2024 11:13 am  #41

For those at the game, how did Graham and McLelland play?  Clearly a clean sheet tells a story, but was it due to QP being poor or did they command things?  It's a big pitch so if we controlled things that would be fairly impressive.

08/4/2024 11:29 am  #42

Finn Seemann wrote:

For those at the game, how did Graham and McLelland play?  Clearly a clean sheet tells a story, but was it due to QP being poor or did they command things?  It's a big pitch so if we controlled things that would be fairly impressive.

Yeah they were good again, also think QP were very poor

08/4/2024 11:38 am  #43

Finn Seemann wrote:

They done very well but as 2019 says QP were very poor (worse than Arbroath) and offered very little up front.

Again though I thought Docherty is very aware of the young guys inexperienced and offered protection and an easy pass through his 70 minutes on the pitch.

A much harder oppenent lies in wait this Friday where they will be up against Oakley who gave young Ross an awful time last time at Tannadice.  This time he will be on his favoured side and after few decent performances in his pocket I am expecting a better performance.

08/4/2024 11:41 am  #44

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

FAO our Kitman or anyone connected to our club.

This Saturday we play at the national stadium, under No circumstances unless we lose the toss of a coin should we wear anything but Tangerine.

Leave the green kit in Dundee please.

100% agree.

I forgot to add this, much better from the club and hopefully it's been noted.

Board footera