Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/3/2024 5:10 am  #26

Re: The Shed vs Raith

dufc2019 wrote:

been a development

What was it?

27/3/2024 10:51 am  #27

Patience has been in short supply from some of our fans this season which has been understandable at times. This game on Saturday,  you bet your last pound that Ian Murray will be saying 'keep it tight, nick the first goal and the players will drown under the pressure'.

I would imagine that our backline from left to right will be Middleton, Graham, Gallagher and young Miller T. They will be playing in front of a goalkeeper who's form has dipped a little over the past few months.

The above need us on Saturday to be patient and not get too excited when they make mistakes (they 100% will).

Midfield in my opinion we have the upper hand and up front both Watt and Moult MUST take the chances that come our way.

Our guys are under more pressure than theirs, our expectations are greater than theirs. They haven't coped too well of recent,granted but nor have Raith.

Winning a title is never easy but three points on Saturday would put a big dent in the hopes of the fifers.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (27/3/2024 10:52 am)

27/3/2024 11:29 am  #28

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

been a development

What was it?

I was talking about the Raith getting less tickets, old news

27/3/2024 11:31 am  #29

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Patience has been in short supply from some of our fans this season which has been understandable at times. This game on Saturday, you bet your last pound that Ian Murray will be saying 'keep it tight, nick the first goal and the players will drown under the pressure'.

I would imagine that our backline from left to right will be Middleton, Graham, Gallagher and young Miller T. They will be playing in front of a goalkeeper who's form has dipped a little over the past few months.

The above need us on Saturday to be patient and not get too excited when they make mistakes (they 100% will).

Midfield in my opinion we have the upper hand and up front both Watt and Moult MUST take the chances that come our way.

Our guys are under more pressure than theirs, our expectations are greater than theirs. They haven't coped too well of recent,granted but nor have Raith.

Winning a title is never easy but three points on Saturday would put a big dent in the hopes of the fifers.

100% the opposition team talk it keep it tight for first 15 mins, if we can get a goal the crowd will start loosing their shit and the players will get edgy. Happens most weeks at the moment.

27/3/2024 11:35 am  #30

Any time I have seen Raith they have gone for it in the first 15 of each half on the basis that other teams are 'keeping it tight'.  That often gives them a goal that they can then sit and protect.  I expect them to do just that on Saturday and Goodwin will play right into their hands.

27/3/2024 7:59 pm  #31

Assuming neither McMann or Holt makes it.

I'd try something different. Why not? We haven't came close to beating Raith in the previous two defeats and one draw. We need to go all out on Saturday. 

................................Walton.....................
...................McLelland...Graham...Gallagher
Thomson...Wotherspoon..Docherty...Sibbald..Watt
............................Moult....MacLeod

Subs - Newman, Cudjoe, Grieve, Mochrie
Grimshaw, Tillson, Glass, Middleton, Fotheringham

27/3/2024 9:13 pm  #32

Tek wrote:

Assuming neither McMann or Holt makes it.

I'd try something different. Why not? We haven't came close to beating Raith in the previous two defeats and one draw. We need to go all out on Saturday. 

................................Walton.....................
...................McLelland...Graham...Gallagher
Thomson...Wotherspoon..Docherty...Sibbald..Watt
............................Moult....MacLeod

Subs - Newman, Cudjoe, Grieve, Mochrie
Grimshaw, Tillson, Glass, Middleton, Fotheringham

are you high?  lol

27/3/2024 9:20 pm  #33

Was speaking to a person involved with another club yesterday, he's of the opinion, that with the players we've signed and the money invested, we should be absolutely scooshing the league.

And that's pretty much the opinion of every other team as well apparently.

Said it from day 1, the biggest threat to United winning the league, was United themselves.

Whether that's down to the manager fucking about, or the players who seemed to believe the hype at times, who knows, maybe/probably a bit of both.

But the fact this relatively expensively squad hasn't sewn up the league up by now is criminal.

But here we are, panicking about a game v a team with players that weren't good enough for us almost 10 years ago.

FFS United, you shower of useless cunts!

What a time to be alive, 31 fucking points dropped so far. Wankers!

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

27/3/2024 9:27 pm  #34

dufc2019 wrote:

are you high?  lol

Nope.

27/3/2024 10:57 pm  #35

David_Blunkett wrote:

Was speaking to a person involved with another club yesterday, he's of the opinion, that with the players we've signed and the money invested, we should be absolutely scooshing the league.

And that's pretty much the opinion of every other team as well apparently.

Said it from day 1, the biggest threat to United winning the league, was United themselves.

Whether that's down to the manager fucking about, or the players who seemed to believe the hype at times, who knows, maybe/probably a bit of both.

But the fact this relatively expensively squad hasn't sewn up the league up by now is criminal.

But here we are, panicking about a game v a team with players that weren't good enough for us almost 10 years ago.

FFS United, you shower of useless cunts!

What a time to be alive, 31 fucking points dropped so far. Wankers!

Football isn't played on paper and players are only worth the money someone is willing to pay. We have paid  fees and fork out fortunes in relative terms for the likes of Watt, Middleton, Birighitti  etc.

I have said this before Davie on another thread, we ain't and never were 'scooshing' any league. Never in my lifetime has our club done anything the easy way.

This side our club have put together are wilting (clearly), they really are wobbling and no wonder. Most have seen there best days and the young ones we need to provide a spark and a lack of fear are going through a tough spell.

I think you are right it's a bit of both mate, manager is making mistakes and the players ain't performing as well as they can. All that said they need us for the next 6 games.

Look back at 1995/6 and you will see a team with international players,club legends, spending over a million in transfer fees and they never won it. They couldn't get over the line, they choke, they bottled it.

Fuck staying in this league for another season. I've seen us go down three times and never went back up winning this league ( we got handed it in 2019 imo).

27/3/2024 11:30 pm  #36

Aye, I'm not quite in the scooshing camp, but I certainly believe we should be clear by at least a few wins worth, 31 points dropped is really poor.

The players have shown on occasion how good they can be, they need to turn in a run of performances.

I think our best league run was 3 wins in a row, that's quite something as well.

27/3/2024 11:51 pm  #37

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Patience has been in short supply from some of our fans this season which has been understandable at times. This game on Saturday, you bet your last pound that Ian Murray will be saying 'keep it tight, nick the first goal and the players will drown under the pressure'.

Good, balanced post.
I'd have McMann if fit.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (27/3/2024 11:56 pm)

28/3/2024 12:13 am  #38

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Good, balanced post.
I'd have McMann if fit.

So would I Shakey, hopefully he makes it.

28/3/2024 4:17 pm  #39

Gallagher, Holt and McMann all out for Saturday.

If it wasn’t over before, it is now.

28/3/2024 5:02 pm  #40

JerryDungle wrote:

I doubt you would get a job as a motivational speaker. A bit spineless to give up because we have a few injuries.

28/3/2024 5:09 pm  #41

That would leave:

Walton

Grimshaw
McClelland
Graham
Middleton

Docherty
Sibbald

Thomson/Cudjoe
Watt/Wotherspoon
Fotheringham

Moult

Subs: Newman, Cudjoe, Wotherspoon, Mochrie, Meekison, McLeod, Tilson, Grieve, Petrie/Glass.

Last edited by lifesanocean (28/3/2024 6:35 pm)

Too much commotion

28/3/2024 6:22 pm  #42

Stillliving wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

I doubt you would get a job as a motivational speaker. A bit spineless to give up because we have a few injuries.

It's the team that's spineless

28/3/2024 7:19 pm  #43

As with pretty every match in the league this season, we won't drop points because of who plays at the back, it'll be the forwards forgetting their shooting boots that might cost us.

28/3/2024 9:44 pm  #44

McMann is fit and starting.

28/3/2024 10:11 pm  #45

JerryDungle wrote:

That's better JD, now any chance of getting big Gallagher fit for Saturday 😃

28/3/2024 10:33 pm  #46

CCX2 2010 wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

That's better JD, now any chance of getting big Gallagher fit for Saturday 😃

Unless anything changes with Gallagher tomorrow, McLelland’s starting

28/3/2024 10:40 pm  #47

Defo go 3 at the back.

Go 3-5-2

McLelland - Graham - McMann

Put Thomson and Middleton wing back roles and give them the remit to get forward at every opportunity.

I am not as despondent as some others.

Gallagher and Holt have been poor for weeks.

28/3/2024 10:43 pm  #48

Tek wrote:

Defo go 3 at the back.

Go 3-5-2

Put Thomson and Middleton wing back roles and give them the remit to get forward at every opportunity.

Good to hear a bit of positivity.

28/3/2024 11:02 pm  #49

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Defo go 3 at the back.

Go 3-5-2

Good to hear a bit of positivity.

As much as I've been impressed by young Thompson since he came onto the scene, I do have doubt if both he and Middleton have the discipline and the engine to that role..

Gallagher looked to be fine last week but he did go down injured in the first half.  Unless it's muscle/ligaments he should be playing

28/3/2024 11:20 pm  #50

Tek wrote:

Defo go 3 at the back.

Go 3-5-2

Team’s already leaked, it’s not 3 at the back. But no Grieves so swings and roundabouts.

Board footera