Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/3/2024 12:22 am  #51

Re: Dunfermline vs Utd - Friday 15th March (7.45PM)

Arabdownsouth wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Another big game he completely fucks up. 20 mins in he should’ve made subs, it was there for all to see. 8 games left and he doesn’t know his best team. Serial loser, put him on leave and bring in the best we can find.

If we can somehow win this league, get the whole fucking squad punted as well. Losers do not deserve to wear our famous badge.

he's literally just said the game was lost in the first 45.   well make fucking 3 subs at 30 mins then have some balls

He's a fucking idiot,I can no longer listen to him. I want him gone even if we win the next 7 on the trot ( we won't though)

lets go thru this, so he's standing on the touchline in the first half saying to himself this isnt working, we go 2-0 down he has 9 subs behind him and then does fuck all till half time and even then its 1 player. what the actual fuck

16/3/2024 9:12 am  #52

There can be no excuses for that embarrassment last night. Totally schooled by McPake and only got the goal and into the game 2nd half as Dunfermline let them after going 3 up.

I don’t know why anyone is surprised by this. It’s been highlighted by most posters on here for months that Jim can’t motivate his team for big games, has been sussed out by other managers and  can’t make changes when everyone else can see it’s needed.
It’s obvious now that Jim is not the man to take us forward as we have definitely not improved as a team since the start of the season.

Last edited by BMT (16/3/2024 9:32 am)

16/3/2024 9:32 am  #53

BMT wrote:

There can be no excuses for that embarrassment last night. Totally schooled by McPake and only got the goal and into the game 2nd half as Dunfermline let them after going 3 up.

I don’t know why anyone is surprised by this. It’s been highlighted by most posters on here for months that Jim can’t motivate his team for big games, has been sussed out by other managers and can’t make changes when everyone else can see it’s needed.

i dont think we lost thru lack of motivation we lost thru lack of quality

16/3/2024 9:57 am  #54

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

I don’t know why anyone is surprised by this. It’s been highlighted by most posters on here for months that Jim can’t motivate his team for big games, has been sussed out by other managers and can’t make changes when everyone else can see it’s needed.

i dont think we lost thru lack of motivation we lost thru lack of quality

Your right about lack of quality but name me 1 Utd player who could walk off that pitch last night with his head held high and say he left everything he had out there for his team?

16/3/2024 5:55 pm  #55

Queens Park do us a wee favour, efter last night's debacle.

16/3/2024 6:16 pm  #56

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Queens Park do us a wee favour, efter last night's debacle.

Yeah,but it's only papering over a crack that Paris Hilton couldn't put to shame.

17/3/2024 11:36 am  #57

2 days on and I'm still annoyed and a wee bit stunned by that kind of a performance at this stage of the season.

After the Morton match where we showed all the credentials to win a title,we were served up that. Reading through the posts I don't think I can add any more adjectives to describe it. It simply can never happen again.

The captain and Sibbald were absolutely miles off it, formation was wrong, all the defenders had an off night, keeper could have done better, subs were too late, strikers were hitting it right at the defenders and showed no composure.

With the benefit of 48 hours, it's turned out to be not a disastrous as I first thought.  We move on to Saturday against Inverness in what will be another tough match, there must be a response to put that right.

18/3/2024 12:15 am  #58

Only 3 points this Saturday is acceptable. Anything else and he has to go.

18/3/2024 12:15 pm  #59

Not had a chance to post since the game.  One word describes everything about our approach to the game on Friday - Gutless.

Goodwin has clearly over thought things, has panicked and gone for what he thinks is the safe option  - try not to lose.  His tactics shat it, big time and the players performance also shat it.

We got to the top of the league by taking the game to our opponents and by letting them worry about what we will do.  Sadly, that has done a complete 180.  The players looked totally uninterested and I'd even go as far to say that some of them looked like they didn't know what was required from them.

Goodwin has a clear track record of not knowing how to handle big games and every game between now and the end of the season is a big game.  Can he handle this or will he shit the bed again?

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

18/3/2024 12:49 pm  #60

There has to be something really deep causing an issue either with JG management style or the players as every game where the need to be up for it they seem to fall very short.  This is whay there are more and more fans convinced we need automatic promotion as we are unlikely to get through the play offs with this issue.

What was a strength against Morton of pressing them all the time and closing down the space seemed to not be there on Friday - have no idea why.  

Of the starting lineup only 3 were regular players before JG arrived so the team has his DNA

Does anyone know what the thinking was of playing Grieve and Tillson down the same side it was asking for trouble.  Maybe I am not seeing it as I am not at the matches very often but not entriely sure what it is Grieve offers, his movement seems to confuse his team mates and his touch is poor.

19/3/2024 10:32 am  #61

Kai been told he cant goto the Scotland U21's after friday night

19/3/2024 2:27 pm  #62

Is he injured or have we told him we need him for Saturday?

19/3/2024 2:30 pm  #63

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Is he injured or have we told him we need him for Saturday?

he's not injured

19/3/2024 3:23 pm  #64

Thanks 2019👍

Board footera