Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/3/2024 11:51 pm  #1

Utd vs Arbroath - Saturday 9th March

Was reading from Utd Stats on Twitter that if we beat Arbroath on Saturday, it'll be the first time Utd have done the clean sweep against a team over a season since 1998/99 when we defeated Aberdeen 4 times in the league season.

07/3/2024 8:22 am  #2

Re: Utd vs Arbroath - Saturday 9th March

That’ll be at least 2 points dropped on Saturday then. 

07/3/2024 10:58 am  #3

That's quite some stat on the basis of some of the complete shit we've played since then.  I suspect only Rangers and Celtic have commendable stats, but given we have had 5 years in the Fizzy against teams like Dumbarton, Brechin (who only got 4 points that season - presumably at least one against us!), and Alloa and a year of Gretna in the top league that's really quite embarrassing for a club of our size.

09/3/2024 11:10 am  #4

i wouldnt have started a clearly out of form Fotheringham, id have kept Thompson or brought Cudjoe in

09/3/2024 1:16 pm  #5

dufc2019 wrote:

i wouldnt have started a clearly out of form Fotheringham, id have kept Thompson or brought Cudjoe in

He looked as though his confidence has took a battering from his wee cameo on Tuesday.

Him and Middleton will will both be required in the last 8 games so fingers crossed they get back to the early form against an oppenent they have had success against.

09/3/2024 3:03 pm  #6

dufc2019 wrote:

Thompson playing,looks like they fed you a false rumour, so the club can find the mole possibly?

09/3/2024 3:10 pm  #7

Maybe he was told Kai and Middleton were starting and assumed Thomson was dropped/rested.

09/3/2024 7:25 pm  #8

That was pretty much 90mins of one way traffic.  It was top v bottom and it looked like it.
Docherty M.OM. hopefully he can stay fit for the last 8 games.
On to Dunfermline

09/3/2024 8:07 pm  #9

Arabdownsouth wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Thompson playing,looks like they fed you a false rumour, so the club can find the mole possibly?

i was talking in terms of RW

09/3/2024 8:31 pm  #10

Starting with the negative, we could have got 10 today and passed up far too many excellent opportunities. 

Middleton must be into double figures for one on ones that he has failed to convert, half the crowd don't even stand up when he is in on goal.

Positives, great performances from the CMs  a real snap about them, dominated their opposite numbers.

4 goals, and an entertaining stress free game.

3 points added, no injuries,  16 players used.

Last of all Tony Watt, I think he has been miles off it at times this season but this week from his substitute at Partick  Tuesday and today he has been much more like it.

MoM Tony Watt.

09/3/2024 8:39 pm  #11

Any insights into why Moult was subbed at half time?

09/3/2024 8:42 pm  #12

kiwiarab wrote:

Any insights into why Moult was subbed at half time?

Goodwin said his hammy was a bit tight Nd brought him off as a precaution.

Done the same thing a few week back against QP I think.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (09/3/2024 8:43 pm)

09/3/2024 11:09 pm  #13

Well thats a butty mair like it. Mostly 1-way traffic the day. Musta had aboot a dozen on target.

Coulda had a barrowful the day, thats meh only wee moan, we coulda had a couple mair, esp. in the 1st half, when we had a couple oe double opportunities.

We drapped aff efter the 2nd goal, and the gehm went inta a kinda lull.

Well done to Grieve the day. Didna dae a Middleton and hit it aff the keeper, passed to the man in the best postion, and he deserved his ain goal.

Once again in the 2nd half, the gehm went inta a lull efter the 4th goal. Efter 80 mins, Arbroath gave up.

MOTM fir me Sibbald.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (09/3/2024 11:09 pm)

09/3/2024 11:11 pm  #14

Very easy win, should have been more really as we missed some great chances.  They never looked like scoring at all.  Sibbald was class, Watt and Docherty had good games too.  Young Miller Thomson looks like he could be our best young player since Gauld and Souttar IMO, but very early days admittedly.

10/3/2024 12:57 am  #15

We are are a completely different team with docherty in the team, absolutely miles better, when sibbald (who is our best player by a absolute mile) is in there on his own it absolutely kills us, both do the exact same job, if we had both the full season we would be 10/15 point clear.

Not sure what everyone else thinks but I thought watt till l he went out to the left and Middleton were absolutely murder, both are so unbelievably lazy, both players ego especially Middletons are ridiculous, again when Middleton went off absolutely zero acknowledgment towards the fans, embarrassing.

Thought Greive was decent again when he came on, assist and a goal, 100% something different to what we have.

Blootered it makes sense in my head.

10/3/2024 1:21 am  #16

Tek wrote:

Was reading from Utd Stats on Twitter that if we beat Arbroath on Saturday, it'll be the first time Utd have done the clean sweep against a team over a season since 1998/99 when we defeated Aberdeen 4 times in the league season.

Clean sweep done and without a goal conceded. Thought 17-0 might be a Utd record, but apparently we beat Morton 18-0 in season 84/85. 

Anyway, a good win and good to see us entertain a Tannadice crowd and score a few. Particularly with Raith registering a huge win in the Fife Derby.

Good to see the Strikers all scoring today (bar Moult). Hopefully Fotheringham's first goal in a long time gives him a wee bit of confidence back (same goes for Grieve).

Big game in Dunfermline on Friday.

Board footera