Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/3/2024 10:46 pm  #26

Re: Partick Thistle Vs Dundee United - Saturday 2nd March

Not a bad chap that Jim McIntyre.

01/3/2024 11:02 pm  #27

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Incredible result.

And a timely boost for us going into tomorrow. Thank you Agent McIntyre.

01/3/2024 11:31 pm  #28

Tek wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Incredible result.

And a timely boost for us going into tomorrow. Thank you Agent McIntyre.

Certainly changes things a lot,but does this united side possess the ability to take advantage of this unexpected lifeline? I await the answer at 5pm tomorrow

02/3/2024 9:31 am  #29

we have 2 games before they play AND
we will be at home to Arbroath and they have a derby

we could easily be between 7 and 9 pts ahead by next Sunday

02/3/2024 9:37 am  #30

Grieve starting today upfront, hasnt been very effective so far, if he dosnt produce today he should be a sub at best for the rest of the campaign.

02/3/2024 9:42 am  #31

dufc2019 wrote:

Grieve starting today upfront, hasnt been very effective so far, if he dosnt produce today he should be a sub at best for the rest of the campaign.

Agree I've not been impressed by Grieve so far, however he has still been contributing more than Fotheringham since he arrived.

02/3/2024 9:46 am  #32

Stillliving wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Agree I've not been impressed by Grieve so far, however he has still been contributing more than Fotheringham since he arrived.

Yeah Kai's form has fell off a cliff, slightly surprised he starts today i'd have went with Cudjoe tbh

02/3/2024 10:14 am  #33

dufc2019 wrote:

Headless chicken imo.

Big chance to prove himself again today. Perfect weather, against a team who concede goals for fun.

Nae excuses.

02/3/2024 10:18 am  #34

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Headless chicken imo.

Big chance to prove himself again today. Perfect weather, against a team who concede goals for fun.

Nae excuses.

speedboat with no driver ?

02/3/2024 10:40 am  #35

dufc2019 wrote:

speedboat with no driver ?

Fair.

02/3/2024 11:47 am  #36

Runs about like a stolen car.

£5 on him first scorer now.😃

02/3/2024 12:14 pm  #37

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Runs about like a stolen car.

£5 on him first scorer now.😃

as much as i think Watt is a waster I'd play him today, last couple of times he bullies neilson

02/3/2024 12:48 pm  #38

So long as Gallagher plays 90 we should be fine, twice he has played against Graham and not given him a sniff.

That said we really need him on Tuesday against Morton, that boy for them dominated Holt and Graham.

It's a lot for Gallagher considering he's just back from injury and going to be playing on heavy pitches.

I would fancy myself to score against Thistle today, their defence couldn't keep elephants out a phone box.

02/3/2024 4:57 pm  #39

Jim Goodwin should have 45 minutes to stay in a job here.

02/3/2024 5:17 pm  #40

how many times have we conceded the first goal recently - are they even working on this in training

And when was the last time we needed a result we went out and got one - starting to become a huge concern!!

Last edited by Lancashire-Arab (02/3/2024 5:57 pm)

02/3/2024 6:21 pm  #41

That was probably our strongest possible squad selected today and they/Jim still couldn't find a win when it mattered.

I don't think we're winning this league

02/3/2024 8:06 pm  #42

Horrific way to play football

02/3/2024 8:41 pm  #43

Decent point on the board, I swear some of our fans are getting us mixed up with Real Madrid.

We have absolutely no right to be going to Firhill and winning. Our squad are full of average to decent championship players.

These players have been assembled to win the championship not the Champions League.

We all know how hard it is, Kirkwood, Lazlo  McKinnon, Neilson all failed to win this damned league. We were given the title a few year back and this time we will need to grind it outl and it ain't going to be pretty.

Thought Thomson played well with Watt making a good contribution from the bench.

On to Greenock in what will be another slugfest but one I think we will win.

Good to see a bit of appreciation at the end from our fans towards the players. Together we can get out at the first time of asking.

02/3/2024 8:43 pm  #44

Meant to add that post ain't aimed at anyone just a more general comment from what you see on social media.

03/3/2024 12:43 am  #45

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Decent point on the board, I swear some of our fans are getting us mixed up with Real Madrid.

We have absolutely no right to be going to Firhill and winning. Our squad are full of average to decent championship players.

These players have been assembled to win the championship not the Champions League.

We all know how hard it is, Kirkwood, Lazlo  McKinnon, Neilson all failed to win this damned league. We were given the title a few year back and this time we will need to grind it outl and it ain't going to be pretty.

Thought Thomson played well with Watt making a good contribution from the bench.

Good to see a bit of appreciation at the end from our fans towards the players. Together we can get out at the first time of asking.

Pretty sure there's not a single person amongst our support that's confusing us with Real Madrid . Of course we have the right to expect better performances than we've been getting and have every right to expect this team of overpaid fannies to beat a team we walloped 5-0 in the same fixture earlier in the season.

03/3/2024 1:56 am  #46

We might win the league, we might not.

One thing that is crystal clear is that this team has badly regressed over the course of this league campaign.

Let's just look at the teams who have beaten us as an example of this.

Raith Rovers -

1st game - 1-1 draw
2nd game - 1-0 defeat
3rd game - 2-1 defeat

Morton -

1st game - 1-1 draw
2nd game - 3-2 defeat

Airdrie -

1st game - 2-0 win
2nd game - 0-2 win
3rd game - 0-2 defeat

Even today's opposition

Partick Thistle.

1st game - 0-5 win
2nd game - 3-0 win
3rd game - 1-1 draw

The teams in this league have sussed us right out.

It will be a monumental slog to get over the line, and if Raith somehow start putting wins together again then we're fucked.

03/3/2024 10:27 am  #47

I think it's our status that gave us an early advantage in the league but it wasn't long before the other teams came to realise that we're actually not that good.
The opposition now are having a right good go at us & our form after the first round of fixtures has been no better than that of a mid-table team.

03/3/2024 12:19 pm  #48

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Pretty sure there's not a single person amongst our support that's confusing us with Real Madrid . Of course we have the right to expect better performances than we've been getting and have every right to expect this team of overpaid fannies to beat a team we walloped 5-0 in the same fixture earlier in the season.

No arguments from me with regards to the salary that some of the overspill from last season are lifting to ply their trade in the championship.

I'm not so sure about confusing which team we support, the expectations at times are fuckin mental considering the quality of player our budget lends itself to. We are top of the league and if we get over the line on goal difference then its something achieved that most of us have never seen in our lives, winning a league title.

We are a Championship club and have been for half of the last decade, some expect to have Ralphy still running down the wing, when in fact we have guys with severe limitations to their footballing ability , but that's where we are.

03/3/2024 12:23 pm  #49

Tek wrote:

We might win the league, we might not.

One thing that is crystal clear is that this team has badly regressed over the course of this league campaign.

Let's just look at the teams who have beaten us as an example of this.

Raith Rovers -

1st game - 1-1 draw
2nd game - 1-0 defeat
3rd game - 2-1 defeat

Morton -

1st game - 1-1 draw
2nd game - 3-2 defeat

Airdrie -

1st game - 2-0 win
2nd game - 0-2 win
3rd game - 0-2 defeat

Even today's opposition

Partick Thistle.

1st game - 0-5 win
2nd game - 3-0 win
3rd game - 1-1 draw

The teams in this league have sussed us right out.

It will be a monumental slog to get over the line, and if Raith somehow start putting wins together again then we're fucked.

Teams have definitely sussed us out, no doubt about it but every team in the league are struggling to put any siort of a run together, I'm sure that Raiths results will replicate a similar pattern.

I agree, it will be a slog and it was never going to be anything else however a good 6 days coming up, fingers crossed could make it a bit more comfortable.

Out of interest,  how many point do you think we will need?

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (03/3/2024 12:24 pm)

03/3/2024 2:55 pm  #50

@CCX2

I think we should be aiming for at least 65 points. That should be enough to win the title.

Board footera