Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/2/2024 11:10 pm  #51

Re: Raith Rovers vs DUFC - Friday 16th February (7.45PM)

SuperMario wrote:

Goodwin lost us that game, Ian Murray won them that game.

A complete serial loser.

Long and short of it. Should never have been given the job after losing all 5 games post split.

We're not winning the playoffs with him at the helm. Only option is to grind out enough points against utter dross sides and go up as champs.

Last edited by Hen Broon (16/2/2024 11:10 pm)

16/2/2024 11:39 pm  #52

I agree about the play offs, can't see us wining one. We generally dont play well on big occasions, going all the way back to cup finals in 80s. Plus the scheduling is heavily favored towards the 11th team in top league.

If we can get enough wins to get automatic promotion, the team need massive improvement.

McMann and Grimshaw give 100% effort and get the basics of defending right, but they are so awkward on the ball going forwards, it's like a foreign object to them.

Docherty injuries just keep happening, how many games has he actually played for us compared to being unavailable?

Up front, it's hard to see who can step up a level for us. Possibly Kai who is young and improving. Watt and Moult, their finishing was poor tonight, apart from the goal. 

17/2/2024 12:05 am  #53

Finn Seemann wrote:

Didn’t think Graham played that badly. One howler that fell to Mullen who’s shit. Grimshaw just isn’t a footballer but again no his fault the clown picks him every week. Guilty parties are Watt, Middleton and Moult.  Who did feck all bar Moults header, but the main problem is Goodwin.

Graham just can’t play RCB, he slow absolutely everything down, it’s absolutely infuriating

The substituting of Wotherspoon I can’t get my head round, everything that we did well tonight came from him, swung the game in there favour.

Watt can also gtf, he’s more concerned of winning free kicks and rolling about the floor than actually trying to score a goal- looked an absolute sitter in the first half.

Gallagher and docherty have to be fit next week, also Freeman must be in with a shout after tonight.

17/2/2024 12:36 am  #54

I thought Ross Graham had a strong game. He basically scored our goal and hardly put a foot wrong. Thought he looked to play forward whenever it was on. For a left-footed player, his right foot is strong and he will use his right foot 100% of the time when it's a right-footed ball that needs played. The same can't be said for numerous others in the team. McMann is solid enough at the back and is decent when he gets forward. I'd have had Freeman in at RB for the last game, and saw nothing tonight to change my opinion. Grimshaw in possession is a bomb scare.

Wotherspoon was our most creative midfielder. Sibbald was poor by his standards. Middleton and Kai were given the ball in good positions countless times, and rarely got a quality ball into the box. Moult was anonymous. Watt slows the game down too much.

Greive puts the work in but I've yet to see the quality we need from him.

Pass marks - Walton, Graham, McMann, Wotherspoon, Mochrie.

And despite all of that. we still outplayed Raith for over an hour of the game and created several really good chances. Poor finishing and their keeper playing a blinder again cost us.

17/2/2024 12:56 am  #55

Subs absolutely fucked us. Wotherspoon was our only decent player tonight and he takes off him and our only target man goalscorer. Goodwin is a fucking clown. Their subs won them the game and ours lost us the game.

Get him out.

17/2/2024 1:44 am  #56

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

i'd take Docherty out of that starting line-up, Crocked again apparently

Fucking unbelievable 🤦🏻

As far as I can see this is some random rumour that hasn't been confirmed by anyone as yet. We wait and see I suppose.

Shouldn't doubt Dufc2019.

The boys info is always correct.

17/2/2024 1:47 am  #57

SuperMario wrote:

100%

Whatever the outcome is of this season, whether we win the league, get promoted via the Play-off's or stay down.

Goodwin must go.

And i would let ALL of the out of contract players go.

Apart from perhaps Wotherspoon. After tonight i would like to see how he goes till the end of the season. Stood out a mile.

17/2/2024 1:50 am  #58

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Fucking unbelievable 🤦🏻

As far as I can see this is some random rumour that hasn't been confirmed by anyone as yet. We wait and see I suppose.

He said apparently, so I thought he'd only read the same thing I had which was not very reliable.

17/2/2024 1:54 am  #59

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

He said apparently, so I thought he'd only read the same thing I had which was not very reliable.

I didn't just mean you shouldn't doubt him, more we all shouldn't doubt him.

Whoever his source is, it's good. His info is impeccable.

17/2/2024 10:41 am  #60

For many it seems it's only the result that matters.
I watched one of the worst Utd performances in living memory at Inverness but a late winner had the team cheered of the park.
Last night we played a lot better , Wotherspoon in particular but a late winner at the other end has the team booed of the park.

17/2/2024 10:56 am  #61

Stillliving wrote:

I watched one of the worst Utd performances in living memory at Inverness but a late winner had the team cheered of the park.
Last night we played a lot better , Wotherspoon in particular but a late winner at the other end has the team booed of the park.

Watt and Moult missed 7 chances between them. Goodwin’s subs lost us the game. We conceded an 88th minute winner to Raith rovers despite having the whole half in control. Our big players went missing again.

They got what they deserved at the end, fuck all and booed off.

17/2/2024 11:10 am  #62

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Watt and Moult missed 7 chances between them. Goodwin’s subs lost us the game. We conceded an 88th minute winner to Raith rovers despite having the whole half in control. Our big players went missing again.

So if Goodwin hadn't taken off a tiring Moult & Wotherspoon Brown wouldn't have scored his 1/100 winner?

17/2/2024 11:13 am  #63

Stillliving wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

So if Goodwin hadn't taken off a tiring Moult & Wotherspoon Brown wouldn't have scored his 1/100 winner?

the tide had already turned, it turned when the 3 raith subs came on, after they scored we just panicked and started shelling it into the box aimlessly to cudjoe and thomson, The manager should have put a stop to that

17/2/2024 11:14 am  #64

Stillliving wrote:

This! Fans are unbelievable fickle, makes me chuckle

17/2/2024 11:51 am  #65

Can’t really say anything against the fans as yet again they turn out in big numbers only to be let down again. No it wasn’t the worst performance I’ve seen but only there manager put on 3 subs to try and win the game and all that matters is they got the 3 points last night and 7 from 9 which is just not good enough.

17/2/2024 11:56 am  #66

Fir once, was gled Eh was at the gehm rather than suffering some of the gloating there was on the TV efter the gehm. Heard Goodwin didna even dae an interview? Is that right?

Raiths 1st goal was AFFSIDE. It was right in front oe me. That Rudden-pus was a yaird aff when the boy put the ba in. Eh looked to the left and the lino wasna even in-line we the back line !! Listening fir Robertsons whistle, and ah we heard was they chunts celebrating. Shit luck and shit-shockin officials. Phucking livid.

Loadsa fowk thought that Graham scored the equaliser, but fae whar Eh was, ye could see the ba jist scuffing aff Moults haed.

They went into a huge dip efter we equalised, and we didna take advantage oe it. We bossed maest oe the gehm, but we seemed happy to play fir a drah.

Trust it to be a chunt called Scott Broon to pull that goal oot oe a hat. Bit a shit luck, nae doot, but......

We had over a dozen attempts, oor finishing let us doon. Took us 40 mins to score, and in 95 mins, we only managed to score jist the once. Thats no League winning.

Their subs cheenged the gehm, but oors never. WTF did he tak Wotherspoon aff fir ?.

Still too much pissin aboot alang the back. Graham and Holt slowing the gehm doon. Canna remember Raith passin the ba back to their keeper once.
(but feel free to correct me if Ehm wrang, Eh just canna be phucked annoyed looking thru the recording)

In a contest between Dundee United and Raith phuckin Rovers, thirs only 1 team that should come oot on tap, and it's no they Fife whoors.

MOTM for me Fothery.

17/2/2024 11:57 am  #67

Thankfully I am not the only one, I have huge sympathy and also a wee bit of respect for Goodwin. The guy just won't win with some fans who either have extremely short memories or were watching the games with their eyes shut last season.

If you are looking for someone to blame for last season, blame one man, Mark Ogren. That's it he the buck stops with him. Goodwin took over one of the most lop sided squads ever assembled who were overpaid and lacked the basic fundamentals to survive. It couldn't have been a surprise to anyone paying attention that Mulgrew, Edwards,Birighitti etc lost the last five games, it can't have been, there wasn't a fuckin fighter in the squad. They were a team full of shitebags and when it came down to a scrap their were found out.

As Stillliving says we will play a lot worse and win.

Those calling for the manager to go need to give their heed a wobble.

17/2/2024 12:24 pm  #68

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Thankfully I am not the only one, I have huge sympathy and also a wee bit of respect for Goodwin. The guy just won't win with some fans who either have extremely short memories or were watching the games with their eyes shut last season.

If you are looking for someone to blame for last season, blame one man, Mark Ogren. That's it he the buck stops with him. Goodwin took over one of the most lop sided squads ever assembled who were overpaid and lacked the basic fundamentals to survive. It couldn't have been a surprise to anyone paying attention that Mulgrew, Edwards,Birighitti etc lost the last five games, it can't have been, there wasn't a fuckin fighter in the squad. They were a team full of shitebags and when it came down to a scrap their were found out.

As Stillliving says we will play a lot worse and win.

Those calling for the manager to go need to give their heed a wobble.

Yeah he replaced the shitebags with what looks like more shitebags!
Don’t know how you can motivate players if they can’t be up for a full house top of the league clash and if that was them motivated then we are in a worse state then I thought

17/2/2024 12:33 pm  #69

@BMT who are the shitebags he has signed ?

They were up for it last night they just had a very poor night in front of goal.

17/2/2024 12:49 pm  #70

Everyone who has played a part in taking 2 points from 9 against our only rivals and let down the fans who have have spent there hard earned money to turn up and support them.
Can I remove the goalkeeper from the above as I don’t blame him

Last edited by BMT (17/2/2024 10:35 pm)

17/2/2024 1:43 pm  #71

Frustrating as hell -their 1st is offside, we created enough chances to win the game comfortably then get hit with that wonder goal.  Thought we actually played some really good football last night but once again failed to take our chances.

17/2/2024 2:05 pm  #72

SlatefordArab wrote:

Frustrating as hell -their 1st is offside, we created enough chances to win the game comfortably then get hit with that wonder goal.  Thought we actually played some really good football last night but once again failed to take our chances.

I think that sums up last night well.
Not a performance to start calling for the managers head , calling players shitebags or worse still calling for Freeman to play.

17/2/2024 2:18 pm  #73

13 shots on goal, created good chance but just never converted them and certainly never bottled anything or pulled out of any 50/50s

What hurts the most is that we lost to sucker punch right at the death, similar to how Inverness will have felt.

Regroup and get the heads focused in collecting 3 points vs a Queens Park side that have found form.

Need to remember that we struggled to get up in the 96 after spending a fortune and even Neilson's side had a wee wobble and weren't in the best of form when the league was stopped.

17/2/2024 2:27 pm  #74

Stillliving wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

I think that sums up last night well.
Not a performance to start calling for the managers head , calling players shitebags or worse still calling for Freeman to play.

Knew wouldn’t take long for stillliving to start his hate campaign against freeman. Can’t believe boy not play in ages & he still find away keep hate campaign going. That’s so called fan   

17/2/2024 5:26 pm  #75

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

100%

Whatever the outcome is of this season, whether we win the league, get promoted via the Play-off's or stay down.

Goodwin must go.

And i would let ALL of the out of contract players go.

Apart from perhaps Wotherspoon. After tonight i would like to see how he goes till the end of the season. Stood out a mile.

I have to confess, I was very much in favour of the Goodwin appointment. He seemed to speak well and I admired him, having the guts to take the job after he got sacked by Aberdeen.

One thing bothers me. His teams lack grit. To achieve anything ( in any sport), you have to want it more than the next guy. I dismissed his Darvel fiasco, too easily. When we played Falkirk in that fizzy pop cup, with the possible exception of Sibbald, nobody looked like they wanted it. I didn’t see the QoS match, but, again when you are away to lower league opposition, you need to grind out a result. Going to inhospitable venues in the winter months is never pleasant, but, you look round and ask yourself, “where are the leaders”, “who wants the ball”, “who is communicating”.

As uncompromising a player that Goodwin, was, I don’t see a desire within the team. Sure they play for each other but do they really want it enough?

Board footera