Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/1/2024 11:54 am  #251

Re: January window, what do we need?

unless there is someone with some experience of first team football then we will not bring anyone in - too big a risk, as we have seen with Denham, of you player with no first team experience coming in on loan.

Probably need to move on some of the higher earners not playing which we have been unable to do.

would like an overlapping right back as Grimshaw is functional but offer very little in terms of passing or crossing - but doubt that will happen.

30/1/2024 12:28 pm  #252

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Probably need to move on some of the higher earners not playing which we have been unable to do.

Yet another issue caused by Tony Asghar's shenanigans,  If we've paid over the odds on an average player's wage, he won't move for less and other sensible clubs won't pay any more than the player's worth.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

30/1/2024 1:41 pm  #253

Macho Man wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Yet another issue caused by Tony Asghar's shenanigans,  If we've paid over the odds on an average player's wage, he won't move for less and other sensible clubs won't pay any more than the player's worth.

If only it wasn't as bad as just paying over the odds in wages for average players.
We have guys on a decent wedge who will never get a game ( Freeman and Birighitti).

Look at the lack of midfielders against Caley and still we gad a right back with number 8 on his shirt preferred to Freeman.

Some of these boys have got to knocking the managers door looking for some sort of exit. Glass is another who should be looking to leave.

30/1/2024 2:14 pm  #254

I’m pretty sure the days of players knocking on the managers door to ask to leave are gone. Most of these academy players have been out on loan to lower division clubs and seen what it’s like in the real world as opposed to the “St Andrews “ experience and will be in no hurry to leave.

30/1/2024 5:23 pm  #255

@RMT think back 6 months.

Levitt, Fletcher, Behich etc. All asked to leave.

It's in a players interest to show any potential employer that they are driven individuals who want to play.

These boys need to get out and I am sure that over the next few days we will see more going out.

30/1/2024 6:10 pm  #256

CCX2 2010 wrote:

@RMT think back 6 months.

Levitt, Fletcher, Behich etc. All asked to leave.

It's in a players interest to show any potential employer that they are driven individuals who want to play.

These boys need to get out and I am sure that over the next few days we will see more going out.

I agree they need to but the difference between the clubs the 3 one time internationalists above had the pick of and the clubs that would be interested in our yet to prove their selves academy graduates would be attracting is not the same and going on to play at Hibs or Wrexham for good money is different from going to the lower divisions in Scotland and maybe even part time. Let’s hope they realise how lucky they are to be at Tannadice and kick on or move on with our best wishes.”

30/1/2024 7:07 pm  #257

You are right they do need to prove themselves and they are not, and will not get the opportunity at Tannadice.

The ship has sailed for Glass and Freeman,  we have all seen enough. The same with Chalmers who it proving he can cut it at this level.

Both Glass and Freeman need to get out for their own benifit.

01/2/2024 2:22 pm  #258

Are we going to see any movement in or out before the window shuts?

I heard Birighitti has snubbed a move to England, but I didn't get a club name.

I hope Ogren learns from his mistake when he didn't strengthen the squad last January.  Granted we are at the top of the league, but some of the performances recently have been dug shit, so I hope he isn't relying on the current squad with no additions.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

01/2/2024 2:30 pm  #259

Still hoping we get some defensive cover in.

As an aside (and I don't believe we've got the finances to make it happen) but saw Kevin van veen is being touted for a loan move from groningen.... he'd rip up the championship

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

01/2/2024 2:43 pm  #260

Tangy wrote:

Still hoping we get some defensive cover in.

As an aside (and I don't believe we've got the finances to make it happen) but saw Kevin van veen is being touted for a loan move from groningen.... he'd rip up the championship

if we dont get anything in today we still have another month for loans

01/2/2024 3:15 pm  #261

Happy days.

Scott burns was saying we are looking at a defensive option today.... 🤞somebody who can play rb and cb at a push would be my preference.

01/2/2024 4:15 pm  #262

Macho Man wrote:

That would be Crewe Alexander he rejected.

Granted lower down the EFL leagues but it was a good chance to get regular game time, it seems getting money for doing nothing is preferred though.

01/2/2024 4:49 pm  #263

Alan Temple saying-

Tampa bay interested in Kieran freeman but nothing happening.

Birightti has teams interested in him but Tannadice stay looks likely for now.

Rumours about MK Dons centre back Tommy Smith has nothing to them.

01/2/2024 7:33 pm  #264

Docherty out for the season, fucking nightmare.

Fucking twitter this is indeed a load of shite 😂😂😂😂

Last edited by SuperMario (01/2/2024 7:34 pm)

01/2/2024 8:51 pm  #265

ArabChris wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Granted lower down the EFL leagues but it was a good chance to get regular game time, it seems getting money for doing nothing is preferred though.

No, that would be Crewe Alexandria

01/2/2024 9:04 pm  #266

chalmers1967 wrote:

ArabChris wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

No, that would be Crewe Alexandria

No, that would be Crewe Alexandra

01/2/2024 9:24 pm  #267

Killie signing Van Veen, Greg Stewart and GMS.

That’s the type of ambition we need if we get promoted.

01/2/2024 10:20 pm  #268

See what annoys me about this window... last minute signings like the boy last season who aren't at Tannadice for the deal to be done. Has the feel of last minute panic rather than one where they want to be here and are ready to play

01/2/2024 11:00 pm  #269

Another pish deadline day

02/2/2024 1:54 am  #270

Ogren balancing spending money vs getting up.
As has been his stated aim all along.
.... Fine line, although tbf we've brought in two who'll give 100% as against previous hit or miss last minute acts of desparation. 

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (02/2/2024 1:59 am)

02/2/2024 7:52 am  #271

Overall assessment 6/10.

Added a few new faces but like any football fan of any club, would have liked a few more.

Temple saying on X last night he expects us to add a defender in the coming days/weeks.

I can't keep up.with all these deadlines but we can still sign out over contract  players or domestic loans 🤷‍♂️ something like that.

The worst juggler in town is still kicking about for another few months  I would gave him doing shuttle runs for four month the useless twat.

02/2/2024 9:50 pm  #272

Yeah, we can loan from the league above until end of the month.

05/2/2024 5:24 pm  #273

According to Scott Burns, we are set to sign Sam McClelland from St Johnstone on loan until end of season. 22 year old centre half

05/2/2024 6:58 pm  #274

Signed until the end of the season, the boy looks like he sleeps in a greenhouse.

Not sure what else we could have expected considering we are in the championship and our defence has only lost 11 league goals to date.

Once Freeman moves out non loan that will leave us with no natural right backs at the club and that's got to be concern.

05/2/2024 7:42 pm  #275

6ft 3
22 years old
Chelsea youth academy
27 games for Barrow
7 games for St Johnstone
10 Northern Ireland U21 caps
1 Northern Ireland cap

Certainly more experienced than Denham anyway,

Board footera