Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/1/2024 8:25 pm  #226

Re: January window, what do we need?

CCX2 2010 wrote:

No we should have a team of professional scouts out there identifying players that we require to improve the first team.

We should however be recruiting in markets that will easily adapt to the adversities and climate of our league, this ain't rocket science.

The Irish and Scandinavian markets have always yielded decent results for us, the Australian market well.......

This is what I was meaning, the manager should probably have a list of targets in this country, that can do a job, or improve us.

If we have to go further afield that's when you rely on proper scouts, not the way we appear to be doing things in the last few years.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

22/1/2024 6:15 pm  #227

Denham confirmed back to Cardiff

22/1/2024 6:24 pm  #228

SuperMario wrote:

Denham confirmed back to Cardiff

Time for a right sided defender to come in now.

22/1/2024 6:25 pm  #229

We need a better option than Denham and Graham, but there can't be many experienced out of contract players available, and even then, how much game time do they get when Gallagher returns?

So do we target someone that we know can handle the step up on an 18 month deal?

Or we could just stop fannying a bout so much in the defensive and midfield thirds and score more goals, so that it's not a concern 

Reckon we'll bring in another 'promising' loanee.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (22/1/2024 6:25 pm)

26/1/2024 1:08 am  #230

Loick Ayina has signed for Ross County on a loan deal till end of the season.

He could have been an option for us, as a right footed centre half.

Hopefully Ross Graham can continue his form from the Inverness game until Gallagher is back, even though he is playing kinda out of position.

26/1/2024 3:32 am  #231

kiwiarab wrote:

Hopefully Ross Graham can continue his form from the Inverness game until Gallagher is back, even though he is playing kinda out of position.

Loick Ayina is a very good player, under the right coach.

Goodwin obviously doesn't fancy him though, and imo he got worse under him last season the longer the season went on. Telling.

Very interested to see how he does at County.

26/1/2024 8:47 am  #232

Tek wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

Loick Ayina is a very good player, under the right coach.

Goodwin obviously doesn't fancy him though, and imo he got worse under him last season the longer the season went on. Telling.

Very interested to see how he does at County.

I think more likely that JG not fancying Ayina it was Ayina who didn't fancy the Championship. Ibrox & Parkhead or Cappielow on Tuesdsy night.

26/1/2024 11:03 am  #233

Ayina haa everything you'd want in a modern day central defender.

Pace, physicality, strength, comfortable on the ball, decent ability.

But he was very prone to doing an impression of a dog chasing a balloon.

It would've done us in this league, but 6 months on, with barely no game time, going to a team fighting for survival, with an absolute fruit loop of a manager, it probably doesn't end well.

Och well.

26/1/2024 2:47 pm  #234

David_Blunkett wrote:

It would've done us in this league, but 6 months on, with barely no game time, going to a team fighting for survival, with an absolute fruit loop of a manager, it probably doesn't end well.

Och well.

I know - you would have thought he'd have learned...

26/1/2024 7:32 pm  #235

Finn Seemann wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Och well.

I know - you would have thought he'd have learned...

Out of the frying pan into the Fire they make from Wickermen to sacrifice virgins.

28/1/2024 12:39 am  #236

If we can only sign one more before 1st Feb, then make it another attacking player, one with pace.

Don't need another CH. Gallagher will be back soon and Graham is fine to deputise.

28/1/2024 12:51 am  #237

Tek wrote:

If we can only sign one more before 1st Feb, then make it another attacking player, one with pace.

Don't need another CH. Gallagher will be back soon and Graham is fine to deputise.

Grieve has pace. We have enough front men, just lacking a manager who knows what he's doing. We also do need to find a replacement for Denham in my opinion, it's a vital area of the team. One who can also play RB preferably.

28/1/2024 1:09 am  #238

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Grieve has pace. We have enough front men, just lacking a manager who knows what he's doing. We also do need to find a replacement for Denham in my opinion, it's a vital area of the team. One who can also play RB preferably.

Grieve's a Striker.

It's more a winger we are crying out for.

Middleton shite and so is Fotheringham tbh (though not convinced he is one).

We are so slow, pedestrian and predicatable at times.

28/1/2024 3:00 am  #239

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Grieve's a Striker.

It's more a winger we are crying out for.

Middleton shite and so is Fotheringham tbh (though not convinced he is one).

We are so slow, pedestrian and predicatable at times.

True, but it's the managers responsibility to sort out the way we are playing. Signing another winger won't make Goodwin any less clueless I'm afraid.

28/1/2024 3:49 am  #240

Arabdownsouth wrote:

True, but it's the managers responsibility to sort out the way we are playing. Signing another winger won't make Goodwin any less clueless I'm afraid.

Indeed.

Might just help us create more though, cos the last few weeks have been horrendous and we are topping this shit league by default.

God help us if Raith start winning again.

28/1/2024 7:19 am  #241

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Indeed.

Might just help us create more though, cos the last few weeks have been horrendous and we are topping this shit league by default.

God help us if Raith start winning again.

Having said that, we are better away from home and if we win our next couple we could all of a sudden be 7 points clear at the top plus a huge goal difference

28/1/2024 8:59 am  #242

If we make any more signings and I personally don’t think we will then I’d be getting a right back.

28/1/2024 1:15 pm  #243

Why has Middleton stopped running in behind the full back when mcmann has the ball? He really flatters to deceive, his numbers are good but his overall play is shocking

We need pace on the wings, for me I agree with TEK, a pacey winger is the position we should be going after

Grimshaw at right back is fine, doesn’t really offer much going forward but he’s fine defensively, he needs a winger in front of him who makes runs and comes short for the ball, for me fotheringham and Middleton hide far to much, they make lazy runs. I’d give cudjoe a run in the team again.

28/1/2024 2:04 pm  #244

Middleton is such a 1 trick pony so predictable to play against fuck knows how he got  game for Rangers.

Thought Kai got found out a bit yesterday, up against a couple of defenders who were young and quick and couldn't beat them. I think his numbers are papering over a few cracks there.

Cudjoe is just not good enough

28/1/2024 2:18 pm  #245

Anyone know why Glasd wasn't involved at all yesterday?

We are heavy in numbers where his preferred position is, Wotherspoon, Mochrie, Watt and Meekinson are all ahead of him.

The club should be trying to offload the likes of Glass and Freeman over the coming days and adding a right back and a center half.

I think we are fine going forward, our goals for column would back that up, we just need to be a lot more direct when we are 30 yards from goal than we have been recently.

28/1/2024 2:26 pm  #246

dufc2019 wrote:

Middleton is such a 1 trick pony so predictable to play against fuck knows how he got  game for Rangers.

Thought Kai got found out a bit yesterday, up against a couple of defenders who were young and quick and couldn't beat them. I think his numbers are papering over a few cracks there.

Regarding Middleton he has ability, I have no doubt about it however he seems to lack confidence. Yesterday was a perfect example of it, their big guy looked like he was trailing a caravan but he would attempt to take him on.

28/1/2024 2:27 pm  #247

CCX2 2010 wrote:

We are heavy in numbers where his preferred position is, Wotherspoon, Mochrie, Watt and Meekinson are all ahead of him.

The club should be trying to offload the likes of Glass and Freeman over the coming days and adding a right back and a center half.

I think we are fine going forward, our goals for column would back that up, we just need to be a lot more direct when we are 30 yards from goal than we have been recently.

assuming you mean Glass? he was 21st man, so in the stand

28/1/2024 2:30 pm  #248

dufc2019 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

assuming you mean Glass? he was 21st man, so in the stand

That should tell the boy everything he needs to know.

29/1/2024 11:00 am  #249

dufc2019 wrote:

Kai has a long way to go.  He was up against competent defenders yesterday and got no change out of the at all.  He does however thrive on a bit of chaos and the most chaos witnessed on Saturday afternoon was Terry the Terror winding up the Pars 'Ultras' before kick off.

Cudjoe has something, unclear what that is, but Goodwin will never find it.

Can we sell Moult and Watt to Motherwell before the deadline and buy a striker?

Last edited by Finn Seemann (29/1/2024 11:01 am)

30/1/2024 11:20 am  #250

so..

back up CH in (maybe)
and a couple out on loan?

is that our lot?

I’m wondering if he might soldier on with Graham in, with no real back up, until Gallaghers back.

Board footera