Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/1/2024 9:01 pm  #26

Re: Utd v Morton - Saturday 6th January

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Just a small aside but why no Miller Thomson on the bench today?

Strange decision given the recall and the reviews he's had at Montrose.

Injured

Ahhh, cheers SL.

06/1/2024 9:11 pm  #27

Would’ve thrown Macleod on at the end instead of cudjoe.

06/1/2024 9:20 pm  #28

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Injured

Don’t think we recalled him either. His loan was up and hasn’t been extended.

06/1/2024 9:50 pm  #29

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Why?

06/1/2024 10:04 pm  #30

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Why?

Probably cos Cudjoe is pish.

06/1/2024 10:14 pm  #31

KdyArab wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Why?

He's scored goals and assisted goals though, whilst McLeod has done the square root of fuck all

06/1/2024 10:54 pm  #32

When Morton got their 3rd, Eh was livid, so phuckin angry, that if anychunt had sayed boo to me, Ehd be on remand now. Efter 3 oors in the pub its turned to bein absolutely seek.

Was expecting to get something fae the gehm. Twa brah goals fae Fothery and Moult.

Eh mean, efter coming back far 2 nil doon, to get nothing fae the gehm is phuckin seekening, esp. efter Raith fallen at the hurdle. 1 Point woulda been Gold-dust.

There was a number oe lulls in the gehm, initiated beh Morton when they were takin 30 secs to tak every throw, goal-kick etc. How it took that chunt oe a Ref 70 mins to book the goalie is beyond me.

Mochries Yellow at 50 mins. He only came on at half-time. He was only on the park 5 mins. It was only his very 1st attempt to play the ba.

At least twice in the 2nd half, Broadpus had Holt in the Heimlich manoeuvre in the box. Eff-all fae the Ref and no a murmur fae the loonie linos flag.

Now the phuck-ups which led to the 3rd goal.
1. Ross Graham has the ba on the right, just aboot in line we the 18 yard box. McMann and Middleton are on the left, near the half-weh screamin fir the ba. Instead oh crossin to ane oe them, he passes back to Walton, and the clearance results in Morton collecting the ba.
(Ross Graham looked lost fir maest oe the gehm)

2. Bring Sibbald inta the equation, and it results in a free-kick to them, and a 2nd Yella fir Craig.
(Eh dinna think it was even a foul but certainly wasna a Yella caird, but Eh got Tangerine specs in my Xmas stockin)

3, The goal comes as a result oe the free-kick, and goin doon to 10 and only a couple mins left. We're phucked.

As a rule, dinna blame officials fir us no scoring goals, but that chunt the day played a pert in us losin ane. But then we're speaking aboot somedy Eh hope never to set eyes on again. Ane oe worst Refs Ehv ever seen. He completely lost control oe the gehm.

Never liked Greenock. Half oe it is ahright. The other halfs a shitehole. Huvna any time fir Morton fan(nies). Remember playin them  in the early 70s. Was at Tannadice on my todd. Morton fannies in the East Stand throwin darts, and a boy standing in front oe me gets ane in the eye. Ta'en awa to the DRI in an ambulance we a dart sticking oot his by haed.

Can somebody we contacts in the Club please please pass on a message to Goodwin to get this back-passin and ballet dancin alang the back stopped once and for all. Phuckin suicidal.

MOTM Fothery

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (06/1/2024 10:57 pm)

06/1/2024 11:15 pm  #33

KdyArab wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Why?

Yep, his heart isn’t in it either. Macleod at least has a point to prove you’d think.

07/1/2024 12:41 am  #34

KdyArab wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Injured

Don’t think we recalled him either. His loan was up and hasn’t been extended.

Montrose would have wanted to extend it though, so he's effectively been re-called.

And probably because Cudjoe's away imo.

07/1/2024 12:58 am  #35

The bench is ridiculously poor.

And we shouldn’t be looking at players to fill the bench. We should be looking at a few starters, which will in turn make the bench look better.

07/1/2024 3:01 am  #36

RogerTheAlien wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Why?

Yep, his heart isn’t in it either. Macleod at least has a point to prove you’d think.

Our whole squad should have a point to prove, but here we all are after watching us getting scudded by fucking Morton at home 😕

07/1/2024 11:43 am  #37

07/1/2024 1:16 pm  #38

SuperMario wrote:

The referee Jesus wept, how on earth he managed to give a free kick against holt in the box when broadfoot literally rugby tackled him is one of the poorest decisions I’ve seen at tannadice in recent times, it was a absolute stonewaller- a quite incredible decision from a completely incompetent referee, every single tackle was a booking was madness

https://x.com/theboymcnicoll/status/1743967474456961052?s=46&t=cFiTS5wMLop9YybD7qh8IA

A unbelievable decision

07/1/2024 9:04 pm  #39

At the game I thought Graham was weak at the 1st and Holt fouled at the 3rd.

On review, Graham was weak and Holt just mis-timed the header he attempted, both have to be better.

Pet hate and I suppose it's natural (and would need to see a behind the goal angle), but our  covering defender turns his back on the shot for no3, maybe it makes no odds, but you take the ball in the pus, face it up.

On the ref, of course he should award the pen, and at least one of Sibbald's if not both weren't fouls.

We could miss then pen and all their goals were legitimate. So we can't say the ref definitely cost us points, but he was fucking rotten and definitely hindered our efforts.

Last edited by David_Blunkett (07/1/2024 9:06 pm)

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

07/1/2024 9:11 pm  #40

Also, I don't think we needed to bring Glass and Mochrie on at the same time, but they did for a about a 15 - 20 minute spell bring a lot more intensity to our play and unfortunately 3 times there was a great cutback along the box, the sort Moult would've put away.

It was decent start to both halves, but we're still trying to walk the ball in, someone take a dig through a packed box from 20-25 yards, you never know.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

Board footera