Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/1/2024 11:14 pm  #126

Re: January window, what do we need?

Wotherspoon was at St Andrews today apparently.

05/1/2024 11:25 pm  #127

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Can't have been many folk there to see him.

05/1/2024 11:41 pm  #128

Arab99 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Can't have been many folk there to see him.

I'm not sure anyone from the club was there today.

It was Lee Sharpe's, Wifes funeral earlier on today.

Edit - Hearing from a reliable source Wotherspoon was indeed at St.Andies today and it's a done deal.

Last edited by Tek (05/1/2024 11:46 pm)

05/1/2024 11:56 pm  #129

Heard same re Wotherspoon

06/1/2024 2:29 pm  #130

Wouldn't be massively arsed about Cudjoe moving on. Really expected him to kick on this year with moving down a level. Still young but never seems to influence the game enough for me, picks the wrong option way too often. Was there not a few rumours previously about his agent demanding an extremely generous contract for a player who's not really done very much? If moving him on to get a proven player like Wotherspoon in is required then fine by me.

06/1/2024 8:55 pm  #131

Morphman wrote:

Wouldn't be massively arsed about Cudjoe moving on. Really expected him to kick on this year with moving down a level 

I'd argue he has kicked on. Well certainly the first few months of the season he did anyway, and seemed to have added an end product to his game.

Form has tailed off badly since about November, whenever he's featured. I think uncertainty over his contract situation maybe playing a part there.

For me when offering a young player a new contract the main question we should be asking is.

'Can this player develop further at their age and add to their game and physicality etc etc?'

In the case of Fotheringham, Cudjoe and (possibly) Mochrie i would say 'yes'.

Freeman, Graham, Glass and Chalmers i would say 'No'.

Juries out on - Meekison, Duffy, MacLeod and Stirton.

06/1/2024 11:22 pm  #132

Wotherspoon will be decent.

GMS away to be a free agent, much better than what we have, get him a contract offer.

Simon Murray would also be good but if he doesn’t want to come then we need to move on asap and get a striker in.

06/1/2024 11:47 pm  #133

Daily record reporting tonight we want Queen’s Park Dom Thomas.

Daily record understands he looks likely to choose Tannadice over Partick and Raith.

07/1/2024 12:45 pm  #134

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Daily record reporting tonight we want Queen’s Park Dom Thomas.

Daily record understands he looks likely to choose Tannadice over Partick and Raith.

None reporting we aren’t in for him

We need signings in asap, we have absolutely zero depth, im really expecting movement this week

Cancel denham and tillson loans and get boys in who are actually at the required level, Graham at right centre half isn’t the answer and if he isn’t going to give denham another go- there is no point in it continuing as we are pissing money up the wall with him and tillson who is fucking pish

07/1/2024 1:03 pm  #135

Denham away back to Cardiff this week apparently

07/1/2024 1:10 pm  #136

Thomas rumour a load of rubbish according to the Record. Which says a lot about their journalism seeing as it was them who said we were after him.

07/1/2024 11:46 pm  #137

KdyArab wrote:

Thomas rumour a load of rubbish according to the Record. Which says a lot about their journalism seeing as it was them who said we were after him.

Pretty relieved there's nothing in it. We need better players than him going forward.

Not a Premiership Top 6 standard player and never will be at his age.

08/1/2024 12:35 am  #138

He wouldn't be my first choice moving in to the premiership if we were to be promoted but I'll be glad to have Murray back if the rumours are true.

A forward that can make runs in behind is needed. I also feel he gives us the option to play 2 up top which Watt and Moult do not, as they are both slower players that can't really play off each other.

Gallagher being out for a extended period makes me nervous though, I'm not a huge fan of Graham when he's not playing in a back 3. I missed all of the league cup games this season so didn't see a single minute of Denham, but if he's heading back to Cardiff then I'd be looking to loan in another CB, preferably one with some experience in being promoted in this league or elsewhere. No idea who though.

08/1/2024 1:50 am  #139

Morphman wrote:

He wouldn't be my first choice moving in to the premiership if we were to be promoted but I'll be glad to have Murray back if the rumours are true.

A forward that can make runs in behind is needed. I also feel he gives us the option to play 2 up top which Watt and Moult do not, as they are both slower players that can't really play off each other.

Gallagher being out for a extended period makes me nervous though, I'm not a huge fan of Graham when he's not playing in a back 3. I missed all of the league cup games this season so didn't see a single minute of Denham, but if he's heading back to Cardiff then I'd be looking to loan in another CB, preferably one with some experience in being promoted in this league or elsewhere. No idea who though.

We need an experienced CB cover for the last few months. Someone like Mark Reynolds.

08/1/2024 7:46 pm  #140

We need a boot up the arse.

Come on to fuck.

08/1/2024 11:07 pm  #141

I’d liked to have signed someone by now tbh.

09/1/2024 12:14 am  #142

We're 1 week away from.

'We need to maybe move one or two out before we are in a position to add to the squad'.

And 2 weeks away from.

'We are in a position to strengthen if a player becomes available who we feel could add to the group, but they have to be better than what we have here already. I won't sign players just for the sake of it'.

Like Denham and Tillson have 'added' to the squad. It's all just bollocks.

Hate the January window and fed-up of it already tbqh. We'll probably weaken ourselves, if anything.

09/1/2024 3:06 am  #143

Tek wrote:

We're 1 week away from.

'We need to maybe move one or two out before we are in a position to add to the squad'.

And 2 weeks away from.

'We are in a position to strengthen if a player becomes available who we feel could add to the group, but they have to be better than what we have here already. I won't sign players just for the sake of it'.

Like Denham and Tillson have 'added' to the squad. It's all just bollocks.

Hate the January window and fed-up of it already tbqh. We'll probably weaken ourselves, if anything.

Feel exactly the same mate

09/1/2024 10:01 am  #144

I’m right in saying Goodwin said in the summer he wanted to add pace to the team, as it was lacking..

Signed 8 players, not an ounce of real pace between them.

09/1/2024 11:54 am  #145

Seeing people mention Alex Grieve of St Mirren is meant to be joining on loan soon.

Was it not Goodwin who took him to St Mirren so not a surprise if it was I guess.

09/1/2024 1:34 pm  #146

09/1/2024 1:39 pm  #147

09/1/2024 1:50 pm  #148

Brilliant signing.

09/1/2024 2:39 pm  #149

Not too sure on Wotherspoon (can only be a short term fix), but if he adds the creativity we are lacking to get us up then probably makes a lot of sense.

The boy Greive looks like a sensible bit of short term business too.  Clearly not getting enough game time at Paisley, but should be good enough to get goals in the Championship.  A better option than Murray for me.  He's also the right age so could be that we can cut a deal for him in the summer if it all works out?

We do however need cover in central defence if Gallagher is out for a few weeks.  I wouldn't object to trying to get hold of the young lad Ayina again.

09/1/2024 3:39 pm  #150

ArabChris wrote:

Seeing people mention Alex Grieve of St Mirren is meant to be joining on loan soon.

Was it not Goodwin who took him to St Mirren so not a surprise if it was I guess.

Daily record and Scott Burns reporting this now too.

Board footera