Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/12/2023 11:24 pm  #26

Re: Dundee Utd vs Partick Thistle - Friday 29th December

Overall a decent enough performance but a little wasteful and slow at times. Finally Tony Watt returning a performance we expect. Would maybe rest Moult on Tuesday and start Watt through the middle and let Middleton play behind with Kai and Cudjoe out wide.

29/12/2023 11:31 pm  #27

Very pleasing and timely win. Great to keep another clean sheet and even more so to get back on the goals trail.

Delighted to see Tony Watt put in his best performance for DUFC tonight (by miles). I hope he can keep this up. He's set the standard for himself tonight. This is why he was signed. To score goals. Better late than never.

Good performances too from Sibbald, Grimshaw and Fotheringham.

We need a bit more from Middleton and Moult (really off the boil).

Looking forward to Docherty being back and staying in the team consistently, Tillson (for me) just offers nothing.

On to Arbroath and i hope we have re-found our spark.

30/12/2023 12:22 am  #28

3-0 was a fair result on what I watched tonight.  Better performances tonight from Grimshaw &Sibbald  and Watt was too much for Thistle defence all night.
The biggest issue tonight was the reaction/behaviour of some of the fans while it was still 1-0 screaming at players when they passed it instead of launching it forward. Calm down.

30/12/2023 12:48 am  #29

Stillliving wrote:

3-0 was a fair result on what I watched tonight.  Better performances tonight from Grimshaw &Sibbald  and Watt was too much for Thistle defence all night.
The biggest issue tonight was the reaction/behaviour of some of the fans while it was still 1-0 screaming at players when they passed it instead of launching it forward. Calm down.

I'd say the injury to Gallagher is the biggest issue tbh

30/12/2023 1:03 am  #30

Arabdownsouth wrote:

A concern for sure. But coming at a good time with the window open in two days time.

Need to trust in big Ross Graham on Tuesday, and tbf if he can't be trusted against Arbroath then he has no right being at the club. He'll do ok, i'm sure.

30/12/2023 1:05 am  #31

30/12/2023 1:08 am  #32

Pretty much all been said in posts above.
One thing I'd add - you might as well pencil in Sibbald for player of the season.

30/12/2023 1:12 am  #33

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

He was walking around the pitch at the end and was able to lift Tony Watt of the ground. Reckon he will be OK for Arbroath.
Negativity in the stands is a bigger issue

30/12/2023 9:36 am  #34

A good 3 points. I can understand the negativity in the stands as Utd were wasteful again in front of goal when we were only 1-0 and let’s be honest no one would have predicted a hatrick from Tony.

30/12/2023 11:02 am  #35

Well that was a brah bricht moonlicht nicht last nicht, was it no. (apart fae the fact the cald turned me to stane)

TBH it wisna the result Eh was expecting. Thought it would be a dull 1-0, and efter we scored, it looked like that was the goona be it. But half-weh thru
the 2nd half, things started to cheenge. Mochrie comin on certainly made a difference.

Huvna seen the stats but we musta had near 20 attempts on goal.

Top notch performances fae Sibbald, Grimshaw and Fothery, but thought Middlton wasna at his best, and Moult wasna involved enough.

Eh got socks we Daleks on them fir Xmas fae SWMBO, and had them on last night.  Before the gehm she sayed "Are ye hopin ye exterminate Partick Thistle the night" (half-pissed BTW)

MOTM Tony Watt, his best gehm so far this Season,

Arabest fir Hogmanay and the New Year.

30/12/2023 11:25 am  #36

Stillliving wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

3-0 was a fair result on what I watched tonight. Better performances tonight from Grimshaw &Sibbald and Watt was too much for Thistle defence all night.

He was walking around the pitch at the end and was able to lift Tony Watt of the ground. Reckon he will be OK for Arbroath.

You're on the button Stillliving re fans' negativity being a problem.
I was sh!tting myself that Partick would equalise about 70-80 mins, they definitely had a sniff, detected the fans' unrest and had they equaslised I hate to think the reaction from the stands.
The players feel the tension too & so play within themselves, desperate not to make a mistake knowing the howling from the fans would be off the scale.
As soon as we got the 2nd goal on 86 mins you could see the difference, the players were free of the tension and were playing with their heads high & strutting about.
This has been an issue for many a year & it's very frustrating, if all our fans were positive & supportive you can add 10 points a season.
Even after Watt had scored the opener you could hear the fans' disquiet every time he touched the ball, regardless of what he was doing with it.
I honestly don't know why we have so many of hyper-critical fans, they'd be of more benefit staying away.

This will no doubt induce a negative reaction but trust me, it is an issue & I wish we could do something about it.
The players & the management are well aware of the negativity but obviously have to talk up the support all the time.
We do have a strange 'support'. Modern times maybe but we're up there with the worst of them.

Rant over.

30/12/2023 11:36 am  #37

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I was sh!tting myself that Partick would equalise about 70-80 mins, they definitely had a sniff, detected the fans' unrest and had they equaslised I hate to think the reaction from the stands.
The players feel the tension too & so play within themselves, desperate not to make a mistake knowing the howling from the fans would be off the scale.
As soon as we got the 2nd goal on 86 mins you could see the difference, the players were free of the tension and were playing with their heads high & strutting about.
This has been an issue for many a year & it's very frustrating, if all our fans were positive & supportive you can add 10 points a season.
Even after Watt had scored the opener you could hear the fans' disquiet every time he touched the ball, regardless of what he was doing with it.
I honestly don't know why we have so many of hyper-critical fans, they'd be of more benefit staying away.

This will no doubt induce a negative reaction but trust me, it is an issue & I wish we could do something about it.
The players & the management are well aware of the negativity but obviously have to talk up the support all the time.
We do have a strange 'support'. Modern times maybe but we're up there with the worst of them.

Rant over.

Well said mate. The hysterics from the crowd at 1-0 after a couple of bad passes was ridiculous and as you say only affects the players negatively.

30/12/2023 11:43 am  #38

Maybe if the players put in the same kind of effort every week that they did last night then the negativity would lessen? There was a marked difference last night to the turgid shite they've dished up the last few weeks so perhaps the players have brought some of the negativity upon themselves?

30/12/2023 1:00 pm  #39

Two things going on here;

1 we are, as UTD fans to used to being in the top division. This gives some fans the attitude that we should be beating all the sides at this level  all the time.

2 Some people are born pessimistic greeting faced moaners.
Others are born more optimistic always looking for solutions.

Looking forward to Gayfield now, there's no such thing as cold weather only inappropriate clothing 😀

30/12/2023 1:10 pm  #40

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Well that was a brah bricht moonlicht nicht last nicht, was it no. (apart fae the fact the cald turned me to stane)

TBH it wisna the result Eh was expecting. Thought it would be a dull 1-0, and efter we scored, it looked like that was the goona be it. But half-weh thru
the 2nd half, things started to cheenge. Mochrie comin on certainly made a difference.

Top notch performances fae Sibbald, Grimshaw and Fothery, but thought Middlton wasna at his best, and Moult wasna involved enough.

Eh got socks we Daleks on them fir Xmas fae SWMBO, and had them on last night. Before the gehm she sayed "Are ye hopin ye exterminate Partick Thistle the night" (half-pissed BTW)

Arabest for Hogmanay and the New Year.

Thae socks have to be worn at every match till we get promoted.

30/12/2023 1:59 pm  #41

kdyteejay wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Eh got socks we Daleks on them fir Xmas fae SWMBO, and had them on last night. Before the gehm she sayed "Are ye hopin ye exterminate Partick Thistle the night" (half-pissed BTW)

Arabest for Hogmanay and the New Year.

Thae socks have to be worn at every match till we get promoted.

Only got the 1 pair m8. They'll be worn oot beh the end oe the Season.

30/12/2023 2:13 pm  #42

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Maybe if the players put in the same kind of effort every week that they did last night then the negativity would lessen? There was a marked difference last night to the turgid shite they've dished up the last few weeks so perhaps the players have brought some of the negativity upon themselves?

I agree but don’t see it as negativity and more like disapproval. For me negativity would be the team getting booed off the park after only winning by 3 goals considering the amount of chances they had but they didn’t and got a great ovation at the end. If the team had demonstrated every week that they could go into stoppage time and find a goal to win the game then the fans would be more forgiving but sitting there last night with 85 minutes played it was hard to see where the next goal would come from especially after the last 4 games. Show the same commitment as last night and the fans will back the team.

30/12/2023 2:26 pm  #43

dufc2019 wrote:

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Rant over.

Well said mate. The hysterics from the crowd at 1-0 after a couple of bad passes was ridiculous and as you say only affects the players negatively.

I’ve been to quite a few home games, this season and quite frankly, I haven’t enjoyed the company of the people around me. This is in contrast to away games. At away games, I always find someone to talk to (even if it is the biggest pishhead) off the A90 bus.

At the end of the day, we can (and do) disagree of just about everything, but, you support the team. The players are human beings who are no different to the rest of us. A constant barrage of personal ridicule and criticism will have a negative impact.

Maybe some people are stars of their own show. They actually want attention. One guy beside me kept on repeating “Jeezy peeps” to the point I really wanted to move. He seemed to know nothing about football, let alone United. The game against Raith there was a Father and son behind me. The son spent the 90 mins ridiculing Gallagher for his hair band. The thing was, he seemed to think he was really funny. It crossed my mind the lad might have been on the spectrum.

Is this just me?

30/12/2023 3:58 pm  #44

Loads of absolute wallopers with anger issues who love to take it out on individual players.

30/12/2023 6:04 pm  #45

Canna moan much the day. Arbroath dae us a wee favour beh huddin Raith to a 2-2 draw at hame.

30/12/2023 8:42 pm  #46

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Canna moan much the day. Arbroath dae us a wee favour beh huddin Raith to a 2-2 draw at hame.

Arbroath sub goalkeeper, playing up front because of injuries, scored a 35 yard raker. Unbelievable.

31/12/2023 2:30 pm  #47

kiwiarab wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Arbroath sub goalkeeper, playing up front because of injuries, scored a 35 yard raker. Unbelievable.

Ken m8. Mibbee we should sign him.

Board footera