Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/12/2023 11:49 pm  #26

Re: Queens Park vs Dundee United - Friday 22nd December

You could pick the bones out of that all night.

It's a real grind watching us and we mirror the captain (never a cpt in a million years)  slow, lethargic,  wasteful and generally thinking we are much better than we actually are.

We stroll about like Billy big baws, they guys need a rocket it up there arse,. Leadership is in short supply on the pitch, Middleton and Walton is doing my head in right now that tempo he sets at set pieces is like a cancer spreading through the side. He takes an absolute eternity to trudge over and then inevitably fail to beat the first man.

Finally, see when you are playing at Hampden, unless you lose the toss, you wear Tangerine. Wee things like that, setting the tone and being passive as fuck all over the park do my nut right in.

Merry fuckin Christmas.

23/12/2023 7:35 am  #27

Post 848 I couldnae get my head around why Goodwin persists wi Watt.
Next game he turns round and gives him the armband again -  I'm completely bewildered, at a loss, no clue what's going on.
Not only does Watt set a bad example, run the gamut of Hollywood dives, look aghast at every decision that doesnae go his way, wags hes finger at the ref but   .... wag hes finger at hes own f...ing teamates for through balls when hes miles offside ffs .... the guy gives me the shits, you'd think hes teamates likewise ... did I say I was bewildered          Could Goodwin's continuing standing by the useless bastard indicate he in no hurry to get rid in January ? Better no.

..... And why Goodwin why persist with a captain who if my memory serves me correctly has not played a single 90. ... what's the good of that, surely your captain's there to inspire from kick off to final whistle.

As to the performance, as Macbozo says confidence worrying fragile.
On that performance Goodwin is desperately needing focus intensely on on offsides.    We were caught not just narrowly offsides but miles 10 or more times - so basic, complete shite in fact and to be fair to Goodwin it was so bad on the night you can't coach for that - the players have to carry the can.

It's a worry, and all on a night when we could have pegged Raith back 2 or 3 ponts.

23/12/2023 8:33 am  #28

Macbonzo wrote:

WeeDude_83 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Time to go Jim. Sort this before it’s too late.

100%.
Saw him arguing with the fans on the way up the tunnel, once the fans turn - it’s curtains.

I think you might be right.

I have to admit that I was a Goodwin, fan, but being beaten by two lower league teams, he really needed a result last Saturday. There seems to be no “b” plan. With Moult off the boil, Watt looking like a passenger, there is no one else to fill the void. Confidence looks fragile. Would Ogren do it, though?

That was 100% on Goodwin last night. 90 mins of constantly trying to play it long/over the top was ridiculous

23/12/2023 10:51 am  #29

It’s becoming more obvious that the opposition managers have the way we play worked out and Jim has no plan b. It wouldn’t be so bad if we were playing on the front foot and pressing high all the time but this slow build up is a hard watch. We all knew we would need some creativity in this league but unfortunately the midfield and forwards are not providing any.

23/12/2023 12:08 pm  #30

Another poor night from a poor set of players.  There is just a lack of technique/ability in the majority of the players. We are trying to play a passing game with players who struggle with basic passing and control.
There is also a lack of pace and power in the team.
A few signings required in January or this team is not winning the league.
The only plus points from last night were the steak pie was quite good ( far better than Dunfermlines cold bridie) and that added bonus for a man of my age a padded seat.

23/12/2023 12:10 pm  #31

In contrast to meh usual long-winded drivel, just one question to those of you who attended the match or saw it on the Bullshit channel.

How the phuck is it that we canna score against the team sitting Bottom?

Oh eh, and a Merry Christmas to abody on Tekel Towers.

23/12/2023 1:44 pm  #32

During our Banter Years (ongoing) we have experienced some real lows as a support.

Taking 5 at home to Ayr
Taking 3 away at Dumbarton
Taking 6 away at Falkirk
Taking 6 away at County in the Cup

So, last night wasn't the worst humiliation we have faced in those subsequent years, but by God it was awful.

Just nothing about us. A very poor football team.

No pace, no cutting edge, no guile. Just a boring, insipid, one paced side.

Goodwin has put togther a team of journeymen cloggers and if by some miracle we do get out of this league, we would almost certainly be relegation candidates next season, unless we had a helluva Summer window.

And i do not trust Jim Goodwin to deliver either a good January window or a Summer window. He is not the man to take us forward.

23/12/2023 2:04 pm  #33

Last night was dreadful same as last week.
Michael Stewart had it spot on when he said we lacked intensity, same as last week. There's no urgency to get the ball forward. It's back to last season where teams look incredibly comfortable defending against us because we give them plenty time to get back into position.

That was Queens Park first clean sheet in something like 8 games. We should be comfortably beating a team bottom of the league with the worst defence in the league.

I've never been sold on Goodwin, but I gave him a chance like I have with any manager of Dundee United. In his defence he has us organised at the back. Our defensive record is comfortably the best in the league and we are only 5 points off Raith with a game in hand, so he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

But the big problem is we only signed 1 attacking player in the summer, our bench last night had no one that you thought they'll come on and change up the game for us. We're threadbare in attack and Goodwin never seems to have a plan B. All our attacking players seem out of form right now and there's no one to replace them with. So while we don't look like conceding in games right now, the problem is we never look like scoring.

Next month is going to be huge for the club.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (23/12/2023 2:05 pm)

23/12/2023 8:52 pm  #34

Everyone else has said it all but you ha e to question someone who can't see that teams have worked it and change the general plan but even during that game last night what did he do other than change players,  No change in tactics, intensity that comes from the manager.

Not calling for his head yet but he needs to realise it, someone needs to tell him.

As for the players so many under delivering have they chucked it or just so out of sorts.  We needs bodies in Jan and need to get rid of some of the dead wood - only problem is who will take them

23/12/2023 9:48 pm  #35

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Everyone else has said it all but you ha e to question someone who can't see that teams have worked it and change the general plan but even during that game last night what did he do other than change players,  No change in tactics, intensity that comes from the manager.

Not calling for his head yet but he needs to realise it, someone needs to tell him.

As for the players so many under delivering have they chucked it or just so out of sorts.  We needs bodies in Jan and need to get rid of some of the dead wood - only problem is who will take them

If someone needs to tell him, wtf are we paying him for?

24/12/2023 10:54 am  #36

Arabdownsouth wrote:

WeeDude_83 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Time to go Jim. Sort this before it’s too late.

100%.
Saw him arguing with the fans on the way up the tunnel, once the fans turn - it’s curtains.

Yep, needs to fuck off. Unfortunately I doubt we can afford it so probably stuck with the useless cunt.

This is my take. Thing is what would it cost to get rid of him and the backroom staff. Loads I’d think. I’d rather that money went on trying to improve the squad.

Board footera