Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/12/2023 5:10 am  #26

Re: Utd v Raith - Saturday 16th December

RogerTheAlien wrote:

We need a Simon Murray/Stevie May type of striker to partner Moult. This Moult flicking it on to nobody and him drifting out wide to create is leaving major gaps.

We need a creative player as well. Doch, Sibbald, Glass, Mochrie, Tillson and Cudjoe… not one of them has any real talent that could open up a defence. We need a Kris Commons esq signing like Hibs did against us. Someone that will drag this team.

Heard that Simon Murray will be signed. Could be pish mind you.

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

17/12/2023 10:01 am  #27

On yesterday's evidence Raiths midfield of Byrne , Stanton & Easton are better than we have.

That's where we need to strengthen if we want to win this league

17/12/2023 1:00 pm  #28

Seems to me we have somehow got another manager who believes 100% in their system and never feels the need to change if it is not working.  Every substitution is like for like and we never seem to adjust our shape or tactics - Teams work out how you are planning on playing after a while and if you don't adapt results reflect it.  I can only think it is how managers are being developed on coaching courses.

I appreciate we may not have the most talented squad or the most depth but we can change tactics and formation some time.

I am not blaming him but i dont think Tilson is good enough and I hope Ross County re-call him in January.  We need to look for good additions and I would suggest someone who cannot get into the matchday squad of a struggling premier league is not going to be any better than the players we have.  not sure what the answer is but we need one.  

17/12/2023 1:27 pm  #29

That was garbage yesterday.  Don't get me wrong, I thought Raith were pish too and a really good individual goal was the difference between the teams - how we allowed the guy to get a shot in from the position he received the ball in though was criminal.

Think we only really had two long range shots that you could count as chances?   Long way to go and we still have to play Raith twice but we really need to pick up the form again soon and get some confidence back in the team.

17/12/2023 2:22 pm  #30

Rick Dagless wrote:

First game ive managed to get to for a while but really disappointed by that performance today.

A real opportunity to put a bit of daylight between us and them and we just never turned up.

Felt the midfield created nothing, Moults form seems to have dropped off. Middletons corners were awful, needs to be doing extra practice on them in training or get someone else to take them.

We are so slow getting the ball up the pitch, lost count of the times we would move the ball down the wing and then take an age to whip the ball in meanwhile allowing Raith to get numbers back into the box, so frustrating to watch.

Goodwin should take note at how Raith on the break got the ball quickly up into our box that's what we should he doing instead of this ponderous passing in our own half 

Also this keeping two players in our box at goal kicks needs put in the bin.

This for me.

We have too many off form right now in the forward positions, just not firing at the minute and haven't for a few weeks as we are all aware.

The set up has to better up top, need to get a couple of players closer Moult. I thought Mochrie, Fotheringham and Middleton were miles off the quality they have shown at points this season.

The defence although relatively solid for almost the entire match will know it was schoolboy stuff for their goal from our point of view.

We never got going from the first whistle and that is my concern, come on to fuck, surely with all those fans in attendance and a chance to lay down a marker we would come flying out the traps from the first whistle.

Going through a wee sticky patch but been going to the football for long enough to know that their form won't last forever and our will turn around soon enough.

As a few have highlighted we need to bolster the squad to change it and drop folk when they ain't firing on all cylinders and right now guys like Middleton are guaranteed a starting slot despite performances like that from him yesterday.

3 points at Hampden on Friday please.

Ps. No need for any team talks after the way they celebrated yesterday their league title win. Long way to go, ya six fingers Fife minks.

17/12/2023 4:29 pm  #31

RogerTheAlien wrote:

We need a Simon Murray/Stevie May type of striker to partner Moult. This Moult flicking it on to nobody and him drifting out wide to create is leaving major gaps.

We need a creative player as well. Doch, Sibbald, Glass, Mochrie, Tillson and Cudjoe… not one of them has any real talent that could open up a defence. We need a Kris Commons esq signing like Hibs did against us. Someone that will drag this team.

Apparently we are after Simon Murray.

If we get him, another winger and a quality #10, we’ll be fine. We’re too predictable going forward, and our subs are also very. predictable. Glass & Mochrie are never gonna be good enough or consistent enough for the level we’re aspiring to be at, some of these youngsters we need to just give up on IMO, they’ve had ample opportunity to show they’re ready to step up this year, and besides Kai, none of them have taken it.

17/12/2023 6:35 pm  #32

JerryDungle wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

If we get him, another winger and a quality #10, we’ll be fine. We’re too predictable going forward, and our subs are also very. predictable. Glass & Mochrie are never gonna be good enough or consistent enough for the level we’re aspiring to be at, some of these youngsters we need to just give up on IMO, they’ve had ample opportunity to show they’re ready to step up this year, and besides Kai, none of them have taken it.

Do you honestly think we're going to bring in 3 forward players, never mind quality ones? January windows have been fucking awful the last few seasons, I'm not expecting anything to change.

17/12/2023 6:53 pm  #33

JerryDungle wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

some fans lump Mochrie and Glass together like they are the same age. Mochrie a has 3 seasons of development to go before he is the same age as Glass.  apples and Oranges IMO

17/12/2023 7:51 pm  #34

dufc2019 wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

some fans lump Mochrie and Glass together like they are the same age. Mochrie a has 3 seasons of development to go before he is the same age as Glass.  apples and Oranges IMO

I would agree with your last point. Mochrie has enough about him to become a decent player at this level. Glass however has shown on a number of occasions that he does not have enough about him. Time to move Glass on.

17/12/2023 11:25 pm  #35

dufc2019 wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

I do agree with you regarding Mochrie, just the fact we don’t really have time to be developing kids, you’re either good enough now or never really. Unless you’re Declan glass where you get 47 chances and 5 new contracts.

18/12/2023 9:14 am  #36

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Gonna be blunt so dinna expect to hae any pals left by the end oe this.

It was a pretty even gehm in the 1st half, but the 2nd half, they were the better side. Their goal was comin. Ye could see that. But how was Easton no tackled or even challenged, or the shot no blocked.

Moult looked isolated till Watt came on. Lost coont oe the number oe times the ba went to him fae a Goal-kick, a drap-kick, or a pass. Moult won ah the haeders, but he haeded the ba to a player that wasna there, and it went straight to a Raith defender.

Canna believe we have yet anither key match, we a big crowd and its a let-down.

If ye canna score in 97 mins, how can ye expect to win the League, and Eh find that phuckin shockin. Eh ken its only the middle oe December, and we've got a gehm in hand, but we now hae to win 2 gehms mair than Raith.

Didna like Beatons performance the day, dinna like the chunt anyweh. eg. He gees a free-kick to Raith for a push, then twa mins later, Moult gets shoved
in the back, but nae free-kick fae Beaton.

MOTM for me Sibbald.

That’s why he’s nicknamed cheatin Beaton.

18/12/2023 10:31 am  #37

Has Simon Murray turned into a footballer since his last stint in tangerine?  Raw was being kind back then.

18/12/2023 1:23 pm  #38

Finn Seemann wrote:

Has Simon Murray turned into a footballer since his last stint in tangerine?  Raw was being kind back then.

I think he is a lot better now tbf  

18/12/2023 2:35 pm  #39

dufc2019 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I think he is a lot better now tbf  

Somehow I doubt it, but maybe (if he does sign) I'll be pleasantly surprised.  He's presumably lost a bit of pace at his age so he'd need to make up for it in some other ways.  To be fair to him he always gave 100% of what he had.

18/12/2023 6:07 pm  #40

If he does join us, he just might know something more about the meaning of Fife than any of the current squad. (pun)

Board footera