Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/11/2023 9:44 pm  #1

Morton vs Utd - Saturday 2nd December

Goodwin confirming that Tony Watt will miss this weekend but should resume training next week.

What would be your XI for Saturday?

29/11/2023 5:13 am  #2

Re: Morton vs Utd - Saturday 2nd December

Tek wrote:

Goodwin confirming that Tony Watt will miss this weekend but should resume training next week.

What would be your XI for Saturday?

Mochrie in for Glass

29/11/2023 9:16 am  #3

same team as sat except Mochrie in for Glass as he's quicker

29/11/2023 9:30 am  #4

I'd be tempted with the following.  I know Freeman hasn't been playing well, but prior to his dip in form he seemed to be doing away okay.  Maybe he will have learned from being dropped and is ready to return to the first team?  My only concern with him is, is he street-wise enough to deal with what will be a sneaky Morton team?

------------------Walton-----------------
Freeman Gallacher Holt McMann
---Docherty Sibbald Grimshaw---
--Fotheringham Moult Middleton-

If Freeman isn't ready to return to the first team move Grimshaw back to RB and take your pick of one, from the following squad fillers to play in CM - Mochrie, Glass or Tillson - as I don't think it really matters who you pick as those three are all distinctly average.  Mochrie may edge things with regards to earning a chance, but it is marginal.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

29/11/2023 10:32 am  #5

Macho Man wrote:

I'd be tempted with the following.  I know Freeman hasn't been playing well, but prior to his dip in form he seemed to be doing away okay.  Maybe he will have learned from being dropped and is ready to return to the first team?  My only concern with him is, is he street-wise enough to deal with what will be a sneaky Morton team?

If Freeman isn't ready to return to the first team move Grimshaw back to RB and take your pick of one, from the following squad fillers to play in CM - Mochrie, Glass or Tillson - as I don't think it really matters who you pick as those three are all distinctly average.  Mochrie may edge things with regards to earning a chance, but it is marginal.

Geez, thank god your not the manager, there is zero creativity it that midfield. Grimshaw is a terrible ball player

Last edited by dufc2019 (29/11/2023 10:33 am)

29/11/2023 10:40 am  #6

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Geez, thank god your not the manager, there is zero creativity it that midfield. Grimshaw is a terrible ball player

To be fair, part of that team selection was intentional to try and get a bit of debate on the go.  I also think that it shows where our weaknesses are in our squad.

RB and creative CM are needing bolstered.  Maybe even LB too.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

29/11/2023 10:47 am  #7

Macho Man wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

To be fair, part of that team selection was intentional to try and get a bit of debate on the go.  I also think that it shows where our weaknesses are in our squad.

RB and creative CM are needing bolstered.  Maybe even LB too.

If i could only get 1 in I think id go for another striker, moult has been poor lately but there is nobody else

29/11/2023 11:50 am  #8

If he doesn't see Freeman as an effective RB then we need a RB as i think teams have now spotted this as a weak area for us and will target - especially if Cudjoe is on the right as he is not the strongest defensively.

I would like another striker someone who can also play off the striker - i dont see Watt as the answer to this position 

29/11/2023 11:58 am  #9

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

If he doesn't see Freeman as an effective RB then we need a RB as i think teams have now spotted this as a weak area for us and will target - especially if Cudjoe is on the right as he is not the strongest defensively.

I would like another striker someone who can also play off the striker - i dont see Watt as the answer to this position 

Can someone tell me what Watt is ?  he's not a ST or a CAM or LW or a CM  wtf is he ? lol

29/11/2023 12:08 pm  #10

dufc2019 wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Can someone tell me what Watt is ?  he's not a ST or a CAM or LW or a CM  wtf is he ? lol

A financial burden?

29/11/2023 12:24 pm  #11

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

A financial burden?

29/11/2023 11:44 pm  #12

dufc2019 wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

A financial burden?

Standin captain      Undersoil heating ?

I'd keep Grimshaw in, I actually thought he got through power of work coming down wing in injury time + the playing against old team factor.
Mochrie for Gauld and happy to see Stirton get on earlier.
+ Wear the retro kit
... Edit by Shakey no DUFC, cocked up the quotes some way lads, sorry

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (30/11/2023 12:06 am)

30/11/2023 10:44 am  #13

dufc2019 wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Shit

30/11/2023 10:49 am  #14

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Cappielow is grass.  Grimshaw is fine on grass at RB.  I'm more of a ballplayer than Grimshaw and I'm 53 and gave up playing football properly at 15.  He's a competent RB in this league however as long as the surface is natural.  It's not as if he's facing Andy Ritchie.  To be fair at 67 he's probably still more of a baller than Grimshaw.

On that basis, I agree Mochrie as the third midfielder, but he'll play Glass

Last edited by Finn Seemann (30/11/2023 10:53 am)

30/11/2023 4:47 pm  #15

Same team and formation as last Saturdays cup defeat in Dumfries.

Still not fully thawed oot from last week and defo caught the cold from watching that last week.

This week though we will have our boots on the right feet and score 1 or 2 more than the wee prick Dougie Imrie's team of hatchet men and con artists.

Lessons should be learned from our first game to not get involved with this gang and their antics.

3 nil United.

Board footera