Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/10/2023 4:53 pm  #1

Kevin Holt

Deserves his own post.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed when we signed him, mostly based on what Funsters said about him rather than anything I’d seen with my own eyes. But my god, what a brilliant start he’s made to his United career, hasn’t put a foot wrong all season, and is making a massive contribution to the team in general.

Only signed a one year deal, but you couldn’t not extend that if we go up, has absolutely earned his extension already and a chance to play in the Premiership with us.

We’ve had plenty signings that were big at the time that ended up being majorly underwhelming (Crawford, Miller, Goodie 2.0), but I can’t think of many signings that were seen as underwhelming at the time that have stepped up as well as Kevin Holt has.

Well done Kevin Holt! Keep it up!

Last edited by JerryDungle (21/10/2023 4:54 pm)

21/10/2023 6:09 pm  #2

Re: Kevin Holt

Wasn’t at the game today but from what I’ve seen he’s not had a bad game.  Only error I can even recall was his part in the Morton goal.  Big threat at set pieces and takes a great penalty.  Argument for him being our best value for money signing.

Last edited by Snacks94 (21/10/2023 6:09 pm)

21/10/2023 6:45 pm  #3

Kevin "Bolt".

21/10/2023 9:41 pm  #4

Solid at the back and lethal in attack.

21/10/2023 9:59 pm  #5

Team Goals for 22     Holt Goals for 7 (Top goal scorer !!)
Team Goals against  4
Team Goal Difference + 18
Clean sheets 5   Edit: and the League only
Hat tricks 1
Scores them with hes heid, screamers fae 30 yard, penalties and wi his bum.
Another modest model professional.  
Vital to team and dressing room.

Great player, great signing.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (22/10/2023 6:37 am)

21/10/2023 10:20 pm  #6

I hope he enjoyed that today.  As I'm sure as he turns and passes back to Walton in the Arbroath game some of the GF experts will be screaming at him to get it forward.

22/10/2023 2:21 am  #7

JerryDungle wrote:

Deserves his own post.

I was thoroughly underwhelmed when we signed him!

Me too.

He has been absolutely brilliant.

Great to have a defender who is a genuine goal threat as well. Proving to be a very important player for us.

23/10/2023 9:12 am  #8

My memories of Holt when he played for the Fun was as a left back and I thought he was pretty stinking to be honest.   Has been great for us though, perhaps centre half was always his best position.  Think his relative lack of pace might be an issue in the top league but he's certainly been brilliant so far in the Championship.  Long may it continue. 

05/11/2023 1:59 am  #9

17 Appearances
8 Goals

That is fucking outrageous for a defender. Almost a 1 goal every 2 games ratio (which most Strikers would bite your hand off for).

This sounds almost equally ridiculous to suggest, but seeing as we are only 1/3rd of the way through the Championship season ( add SPFL Trust/Scottish Cup matches.).

Could he (if injury free) hit 20 goals this season?

05/11/2023 11:01 am  #10

Tek wrote:

17 Appearances
8 Goals

That is fucking outrageous for a defender. Almost a 1 goal every 2 games ratio (which most Strikers would bite your hand off for).

This sounds almost equally ridiculous to suggest, but seeing as we are only 1/3rd of the way through the Championship season ( add SPFL Trust/Scottish Cup matches.).

Could he (if injury free) hit 20 goals this season?

Had a fiver on him to score at any time. 4 to 1,easy money.

05/11/2023 12:16 pm  #11

His header yesterday was a thing of beauty., nothing beats a diving header for me.

Solid at the back also again.

Oone of the biggest puss shutter in history,

05/11/2023 4:40 pm  #12

CCX2 2010 wrote:

His header yesterday was a thing of beauty., nothing beats a diving header for me.

Doing brilliantly this season but let’s wait till later to talk about puss shutting.

05/11/2023 5:18 pm  #13

RogerTheAlien wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Doing brilliantly this season but let’s wait till later to talk about puss shutting.

As of 05/11/2023 my puss is welded shut.😉

Board footera