Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/9/2023 12:22 pm  #1

ICT away

Team, predictions and roll call.

Think the only change or so we’ll see is Fotheringham in for Cudjoe (if the ban is upheld), i wouldn’t rush Sibbald or Doch yet.

3-0 United. Moult x2 and Watt.

Train from Dundee Saturday morning, looking forward to a couple of beers on the train.

19/9/2023 7:28 pm  #2

Re: ICT away

I don’t know why so many people say Watt will score. I am struggling to think of any moment this season when I thought he has a chance to score.
This is the worst time possible to be coming up against them. I was reading a Raith fan saying they should have been a couple of goals up against the Rovers in the first half on Saturday there. I’ll happily take a 1-2 or 0-1 just now. We don’t want to slip any further behind Raith just now.

19/9/2023 8:10 pm  #3

As much as i would love to see Watt and Middleton dropped, it just won't happen.

We have zero options to replace both adequately, more so now that Rory MacLeod is on loan and Cudjoe could possibly miss the next two games. So, we are hamstrung in that regard and are in the ludicrous position (again) of having to over rely on just one Striker doing the business every week and not getting injured to boot. Goodwin has learned nothing.

We are also going to have to continue to hand a starting jersey to players who don't deserve it.

My team for Saturday would be (if Cudjoe wins his appeal), the same team who won 0-4 away at Arbroath, by far our best display of the season, so far. Harsh on Glass, i know, but feel this was the side that gave us by far the best balance i've seen. If Cudjoe loses his appeal then i'd play Fotheringham in his place.

..............................Walton.................
Grimshaw....Gallagher...Holt...McMann
Cudjoe....Docherty...Sibbald...Middleton..
......................Moult....Watt............

Subs - Newman, Freeman, Glass, Stirton,
Mochrie, Tilson, Fotheringham, Meekison, Graham

20/9/2023 1:28 pm  #4

Tek wrote:

As much as i would love to see Watt and Middleton dropped, it just won't happen.

We have zero options to replace both adequately, more so now that Rory MacLeod is on loan and Cudjoe could possibly miss the next two games. So, we are hamstrung in that regard and are in the ludicrous position (again) of having to over rely on just one Striker doing the business every week and not getting injured to boot. Goodwin has learned nothing.

We are also going to have to continue to hand a starting jersey to players who don't deserve it.

My team for Saturday would be (if Cudjoe wins his appeal), the same team who won 0-4 away at Arbroath, by far our best display of the season, so far. Harsh on Glass, i know, but feel this was the side that gave us by far the best balance i've seen. If Cudjoe loses his appeal then i'd play Fotheringham in his place.

Agreed.  Going up for this one so hope we put on a display!

I share your view of Goodwin, but maybe he knew that he was never going to get budget (beyond Moult) to sort the frontline (I also think he thought he'd still have Fletcher) and sensibly he has tried to improve us from the back first.  He has done that.  We now don't lose many goals now (albeit at a lower level).

He has also realised that MacLeod was not going to improve staying on the fringes on match days so I can see why he's allowed him to go.  It's a gamble that Middleton and Watt are good enough to win this league.  On paper they should be and surely one or other or both have to take a game at some point?  

21/9/2023 9:44 am  #5

Finn Seemann wrote:

Tek wrote:

I share your view of Goodwin, but maybe he knew that he was never going to get budget (beyond Moult) to sort the frontline (I also think he thought he'd still have Fletcher) and sensibly he has tried to improve us from the back first.  He has done that.  We now don't lose many goals now (albeit at a lower level).

He has also realised that MacLeod was not going to improve staying on the fringes on match days so I can see why he's allowed him to go.  It's a gamble that Middleton and Watt are good enough to win this league.  On paper they should be and surely one or other or both have to take a game at some point?  

He does have the budget though, he has admitted it himself.

He has signed ONE attacking player in his 6 months here, and that includes letting our best attacker (Fletcher) depart. To me that is patently ridiculous. The man seems allergic to signing attacking players.

On Fletcher, it clearly wasn't the commute that led to his exit, more the fact Utd asked him to take a 50% pay cut (allegedly). Playing Devils Advocate, the wages Denham and Tilson are on would have allowed us to keep Fletcher on his wage. Him and Moult would have ripped up the division together. Goals win games, winning games wins leagues.

He has gambled far too much on Tony Watt coming good. He has a week left to rectify this error.

21/9/2023 11:14 am  #6

Tek wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Tek wrote:

He has signed ONE attacking player in his 6 months here, and that includes letting our best attacker (Fletcher) depart. To me that is patently ridiculous. The man seems allergic to signing attacking players.

On Fletcher, it clearly wasn't the commute that led to his exit, more the fact Utd asked him to take a 50% pay cut (allegedly). Playing Devils Advocate, the wages Denham and Tilson are on would have allowed us to keep Fletcher on his wage. Him and Moult would have ripped up the division together. Goals win games, winning games wins leagues.

He has gambled far too much on Tony Watt coming good. He has a week left to rectify this error.

agree with this, Watt is massively underachieving dosnt deserve a start  at the moment IMO

21/9/2023 7:29 pm  #7

Goodwin confirmed Docherty will not make it on Saturday. I would add that Sibbald looked nothing like fit on Saturday when he came on. Goodwin also said he's still in pain/discomfort. Be surprised if he starts Saturday.

Agree though Watt and Middleton should be dropped when both Sibbald and Docherty are fully fit again, with Glass moving forward and Fotheringham starting.

Too much commotion

21/9/2023 8:46 pm  #8

Fotheringham ...Glass...Sibbald...Middleton..

If Sibbald fit.
Watt  on thin ice.

22/9/2023 12:54 am  #9

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Fotheringham ...Glass...Sibbald...Middleton..

If Sibbald fit.
Watt  on thin ice.

That is the team i'd play too.

22/9/2023 8:15 am  #10

lifesanocean wrote:

Goodwin confirmed Docherty will not make it on Saturday. I would add that Sibbald looked nothing like fit on Saturday when he came on. Goodwin also said he's still in pain/discomfort. Be surprised if he starts Saturday.

Agree though Watt and Middleton should be dropped when both Sibbald and Docherty are fully fit again, with Glass moving forward and Fotheringham starting.

If we had a full squad, I’d like to see Kai and Cudjoe out wide with Glass behind Moult.

Apart from Arbroath, Watt and Middleton have done nothing.

23/9/2023 11:57 am  #11

Watt dropped today for attending a wedding without permission and missing training seemingly

23/9/2023 1:47 pm  #12

Trouble is he'll be straight back in after the usual 'player's been told' spin.
I'd prefer he stays dropped and we start with players who want to earn wages.

23/9/2023 2:48 pm  #13

dufc2019 wrote:

Watt dropped today for attending a wedding without permission and missing training seemingly

I'd prefer he got dropped for being shite tbh, he's a fucking knob who's wages could be much better used unfortunately.

23/9/2023 4:19 pm  #14

There's the usual moans that the boo boys are picking on Watt, but his stats since joining us justify the criticism he gets.

Moult off injured, walked off so hopefully nothing to serious, but really brings into question the decision to only sign 1 attacking player over the summer.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (23/9/2023 4:21 pm)

23/9/2023 4:58 pm  #15

Big win considering the circumstances

23/9/2023 5:05 pm  #16

Huge win

23/9/2023 7:50 pm  #17

Couldn’t get to see the game even though I have DUTV, they really need to get this sorted as it’s becoming a bit of a joke but delighted with that result and Raith dropping points.

24/9/2023 12:06 am  #18

BMT wrote:

Couldn’t get to see the game even though I have DUTV, they really need to get this sorted as it’s becoming a bit of a joke but delighted with that result and Raith dropping points.

The audio from DUTV was the worst I’ve ever heard, utterly appalling.

24/9/2023 2:00 am  #19

kdyteejay wrote:

BMT wrote:

The audio from DUTV was the worst I’ve ever heard, utterly appalling.

Dave Hill told me the internet connection there was so bad he was reduced to doing the commentary with his iPhone, and he couldn't even check half time and full time scores. I've had a DUTV season ticket since day 1 when ArabZone started live video coverage - must be between 15 and 20 years ago. What we have now is infinitely better and more reliable than what we got up until pretty recently tbh, but Inverness has always been a shite place to try and get coverage from. Only when we're in the Premier and we can piggyback onto Sky or the BBC or whatever is the coverage from there decent.

24/9/2023 9:22 am  #20

Gled we pulled this ane oot oe the bag.

And here was I celebrating the fact that we were on level points we Arbroath for a good part of the efternane.

24/9/2023 11:28 am  #21

Another 3 points and that is all that matters.

Hopefully Moult isn't out for too long,  time for Watt to step up.

24/9/2023 2:51 pm  #22

Highlights oe the gehm.

24/9/2023 5:26 pm  #23

Second half we put in 4 great deliveries and typically Moult was off. First half was pretty stinking but great to get the late winner.

Our fans deserved that for turning up in excellent numbers, great limbs as well.

FairPlay to our team, at 0-0 and 10 men they didn’t give up, ICT are woeful though.

25/9/2023 7:58 am  #24

Again not exactly a great performance but IMO we deserved to win, 2nd half especially we were putting a lot of pressure on them and I always felt a goal was coming.  Hopefully Moult not out for too long.  I see Watt getting a lot of stick on here and social media and in lots of cases its is merited, however I felt he did well when he came on on Saturday. 

25/9/2023 9:53 am  #25

Tek wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Tek wrote:

I'm not sure what budget he really has.  Whatever he's got though he needs to spend it now.  I've not seen a lot of Moult, but he did very little before he went off.  Watt made a nuisance of himself but he is just not very good.  He's not a goalscorer.  He had one gilt edged opportunity to shoot and decided to square it to no-one. We likely need another goalscorer to succeed in this league, maybe two (if Moult is going to be questionable fitness wise).  ICT were terrible but I'd say we were lucky on maybe 3/4 occasions not to concede.  I think our defence and defensive midfield are generally fine though.  Fotheringham was excellent when he came on and if Cudjoe is as good as some have said then those two need to start as the wide options.  (Middleton needs to rethink what he's bringing to the team).  All that said, down to 10 and never gave up or accepted the point.  They deserved the applause at the end and if we keep that spirit going we'll get back up.

A minor mention for possibly the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen.  One stonewall penalty and one assault just outside the box just waived on.  Tilson was at fault for getting himself sent off, but if he was consistent the ref should have sent off about 5 or 6 players.  I was surprised he gave the foul that led to the goal and then booked the ICT player, but he looked last man and if it was a foul (no contact made but wild and dangerous challenge) then it was a straight red.  He also just about caused the boy behind me to have a coronary!  Countless other poor decisions.

Board footera