Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/9/2023 11:26 am  #101

Re: Deadline week

Tek wrote:

What i don't get for the life off me is not signing another Striker.

He signs Jordan Tilson even though Docherty and Sibbald have both trained all week and will return imminently. We have plenty of options in midfield (Sibbald, Docherty, Grimshaw, Mochrie, Glass, and now Tilson).

Got very, very little up top and now even less.

We are gambling everything on Louis Moult 

1) Not getting injured
2) Staying in form

Unacceptable position to be in.

p.s. please don't tell me Watt and Middleton can play upfront because both should have been dropped weeks ago.

While I agree with the PS, I can deffo see that being the reasoning. Even though Watt’s best ever spell came from playing outwide on the left, where we also aren’t playing him.
Unless he see’s goals everywhere else on the pitch if Moult isn’t on. Which is just Sibbald, Cudjoe and Holt. That’s criminal to gamble it on that.

KTF

15/9/2023 12:36 pm  #102

GFL wrote:

Tek wrote:

He signs Jordan Tilson even though Docherty and Sibbald have both trained all week and will return imminently. We have plenty of options in midfield (Sibbald, Docherty, Grimshaw, Mochrie, Glass, and now Tilson).

1) Not getting injured
2) Staying in form

p.s. please don't tell me Watt and Middleton can play upfront because both should have been dropped weeks ago.

While I agree with the PS, I can deffo see that being the reasoning. Even though Watt’s best ever spell came from playing outwide on the left, where we also aren’t playing him.
Unless he see’s goals everywhere else on the pitch if Moult isn’t on. Which is just Sibbald, Cudjoe and Holt. That’s criminal to gamble it on that.

In the 18 months Watt has been here he has played on the left wing several times.

He's also played as Centre Forward as a false number 9 and a No10. 

The only thing he has proven consistently is he can't score goals for us.

15/9/2023 12:49 pm  #103

If we don't concede, we don't need to score many. Not saying its ideal but maybe its just his priorities.

Maybe there is still budget for a striker too? Who knows

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

15/9/2023 6:36 pm  #104

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

1) Not getting injured
2) Staying in form

I agree mate but i dont think JG see's it that way, Watt is the backup striker

Yep, think he sees Watt as the backup.

15/9/2023 10:47 pm  #105

Listening to Goodwin on DUTV.
Erudite guy, spot on in everything he says, solid analyses and doesn't just spout the cliches.
Except, glaringly one Tony Watt.
I just cannot see where his faith in this guy is coming from.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

Also DUTV interview with Moult - model professional, got a lot of faith in him to stay fit on the basis of that interview. Headspace and physically.
Injuries - again we come back to injury lottery and Watt ?

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (15/9/2023 10:51 pm)

15/9/2023 11:29 pm  #106

kdyteejay wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

1) Not getting injured
2) Staying in form

I agree mate but i dont think JG see's it that way, Watt is the backup striker

Yep, think he sees Watt as the backup.

Then he ought to be on the bench really

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (15/9/2023 11:30 pm)

20/9/2023 12:52 pm  #107

In the Record (I know) that Birighitti could be off to Israel on a season long loan deal.

Would need to be done today as their window slams shut tonight.

24/9/2023 12:22 pm  #108

Surely be looking to get someone in on loan to cover for Moult, is the deadline for loan the 30 September?

24/9/2023 2:21 pm  #109

Snacks94 wrote:

Surely be looking to get someone in on loan to cover for Moult, is the deadline for loan the 30 September?

You'd like to think so, but with Ogren fuck knows.

24/9/2023 2:57 pm  #110

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

You'd like to think so, but with Ogren fuck knows.

Yip, clearly we need to add in the striking dept but I doubt that funds will be made available.

I think that getting Birighitti off the wage bill would have helped but that's a bit of a lost cause.

If its just a groin strain the he will only be out for a couple of weeks but we shouldn't rush him back.

28/9/2023 9:19 pm  #111

McKinstry still a free agent.

29/9/2023 7:21 am  #112

Can’t see us signing a striker as not sure any decent striker will come knowing they will be behind a fit Louis and a ‘ favourite’ Tony in the pecking order.

29/9/2023 10:13 am  #113

MockChop wrote:

who is that ?

29/9/2023 11:18 am  #114

dufc2019 wrote:

MockChop wrote:

who is that ?

Ex Leeds player. Was bought from Motherwell then loaned back to to Motherwell a year or so later, done quite well apparently.

KTF

29/9/2023 12:41 pm  #115

Doesn't look like we are signing a Striker. A bad, bad decision.

Moult might be back in a week or two, yes.

But what happens in a week or two after that if he gets another injury? Or Watt does? Or both.

There is a lot of football to be played between now and January and we aren't exactly quick at getting players in the door in that particular window either. Tends to be the end of that window we move, if at all.

A long time to go with very little Striking options.

Board footera