Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/9/2023 9:02 pm  #76

Re: Deadline week

Macbonzo wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

Is anyone really surprised? Ogren has no more money to spend. His adviser and former Sporting Director is no longer on the scene, hence Ogren’s embarrassing last interview demonstrated just how out of touch he is.

Let’s deal with Zander Clark. His agent is Consilium Ltd. Directors of Consilium Ltd are: Jackie McNammara and Mike Martin. McNammara was a colleague of Tony Asghar and someone who did consultancy work for Revolution. When Asghar wound up his agency, he let his clients speak to McNammara. I am very much of the belief that McNammara introduced Mike Martin to Asghar.

Ok, Mark Ogren has been had, hook line and sinker, but, so have the fans. A former manager and former majority shareholder have pursued their own interests at the expense of the club and fans.

Apologies if I am repeating myself, but, until we the fans purchase the club, we will be at the mercy of middlemen and opportunists.

Ogren just sold his golf course investment, so he's not skint

Ogren made it clear on 13th May 2022 that the club has to be self sufficient “because it has to” He said that he would not plough further money in.

As far as the golf course is concerned, we know he sold it for £7million, but do we know whether it was purchased by GPH Engineering or Ogren himself? He did  not have the funds to develop it himself and co Director Hector Rivero hired contractors to start developing the site, but, according to Ogren did not pay them. Irrespective it is a separate investment.

If you can tell me how much the course was purchased for I would be interested.

I think it’s fair to say that Ogren has been told : when you start digging a hole for yourself, the first thing you do is stop digging.

The point is we went down because he refused to invest in January. Then he started bitching about how much relegation has cost the club, can you see the irony?

He needs to make sure we go back up first time, and the way to do that is to invest in this squad now and not leave anything to chance. If he doesn't and we don't go back up this season then what?

I don't know any details of the golf course sale other than what's been reported but that's not really important. The point is he's not skint but if things don't work out this season he may well end up being.

01/9/2023 9:05 pm  #77

dufc2019 wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

Hen Broon wrote:

If we need a goal in a game and look to that bench I'm not seeing anyone who makes a difference.

Graham, Newman and Fotheringham should be the only players getting on the bench from that selection. We're five players short.

Exactly my point. There's no game changers on that bench.

ok, let me put it this way for you. What team has a better full squad than us in the championship this season ?

If Moult or Walton get injured we’re fucked. We do not have suitable replacements on the bench.

01/9/2023 9:38 pm  #78

Also, when igren first came in. He spanked a ton of cash to get us out of the league and it didn't work. We'd be saying he was foolhardy if he was offering inflated wages.

It's not fun but holding off for the right players makes better business sense. Maybe we will be in a position to move before our competitors in January?

Also birighitti gtf

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

01/9/2023 10:37 pm  #79

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I'm pretty convinced that it's entirely down to Ogren penny pinching and being generally fucking clueless.

Why don't you buy the club then?  Or are you too penny pinching for that

01/9/2023 11:02 pm  #80

nomad wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I'm pretty convinced that it's entirely down to Ogren penny pinching and being generally fucking clueless.

Why don't you buy the club then?  Or are you too penny pinching for that

Way way past your bedtime sunshine

01/9/2023 11:42 pm  #81

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Ogren just sold his golf course investment, so he's not skint

Ogren made it clear on 13th May 2022 that the club has to be self sufficient “because it has to” He said that he would not plough further money in.

As far as the golf course is concerned, we know he sold it for £7million, but do we know whether it was purchased by GPH Engineering or Ogren himself? He did  not have the funds to develop it himself and co Director Hector Rivero hired contractors to start developing the site, but, according to Ogren did not pay them. Irrespective it is a separate investment.

I think it’s fair to say that Ogren has been told : when you start digging a hole for yourself, the first thing you do is stop digging.

The point is we went down because he refused to invest in January. Then he started bitching about how much relegation has cost the club, can you see the irony?

He needs to make sure we go back up first time, and the way to do that is to invest in this squad now and not leave anything to chance. If he doesn't and we don't go back up this season then what?

I don't know any details of the golf course sale other than what's been reported but that's not really important. The point is he's not skint but if things don't work out this season he may well end up being.

He’s no skint, but I’ve always been told by someone who’s been involved at boardroom level at United in the past that Ogren’s nowhere near as wealthy as some folk think he is.

There were two other guys, who had something to do with an NFL team, that also owned shopping malls in the states, that were interested in buying United together, roughly around the same time as Ogren, that were way wealthier than he is, like mega-loaded blokes. Don’t know what happened, whether Ogren moved quicker or what, but I do wonder what would’ve happened had they been the ones to buy us rather than Ogren.

02/9/2023 12:20 am  #82

JerryDungle wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

As far as the golf course is concerned, we know he sold it for £7million, but do we know whether it was purchased by GPH Engineering or Ogren himself? He did not have the funds to develop it himself and co Director Hector Rivero hired contractors to start developing the site, but, according to Ogren did not pay them. Irrespective it is a separate investment.

He’s no skint, but I’ve always been told by someone who’s been involved at boardroom level at United in the past that Ogren’s nowhere near as wealthy as some folk think he is.

There were two other guys, who had something to do with an NFL team, that also owned shopping malls in the states, that were interested in buying United together, roughly around the same time as Ogren, that were way wealthier than he is, like mega-loaded blokes. Don’t know what happened, whether Ogren moved quicker or what, but I do wonder what would’ve happened had they been the ones to buy us rather than Ogren.

I think as Macbonzo alluded too. Others were able to take a good wage out Utd/Ogren and make a cut out of other deals.

The other American businessmen were doubtless not so naive.

07/9/2023 9:02 am  #83

07/9/2023 9:08 am  #84

Sensible move, provides cover so Grimshaw can stay at right back

07/9/2023 10:11 am  #85

Doch’s scan maybe not too good then?

Heard we’d enquired to Livi about Sean Kelly…

07/9/2023 4:50 pm  #86

Wallop.

Hear me out please.

If ever a signing highlighted result of the gross negligence shown by our Chairman in appointing Ashgar and overseeing the shitshow of 22/23 season its this one.

A loan from Ross County who were marginally better than one of the worst assembled squads in our history says it all.

For what's it's worth he will do well in this division and by filling in at Center midfield he will allow Grimshaw to drop back into right back if required.

One guy who now really needs to step us is Kieran Freeman,  competition directly for his position should hopefully fire the young guy up. He really needs to get the finger out and pronto.

Decent addition from Goodwin who has slowly but surely assembled a squad that should win this league.

Striker next please.

09/9/2023 12:15 pm  #87

That's it according to Jim yesterday when asked at the press conference for today's B&Q trophy match against Dunfermline.

We have 2 players for each position he said and also a clown for hire for any kids parties.

11/9/2023 2:34 pm  #88

someone on Mad saying Mochrie has been told that he can find another club

11/9/2023 4:30 pm  #89

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Doch’s scan maybe not too good then?

Heard we’d enquired to Livi about Sean Kelly…

Docherty and Sibbald both trained today apparently.

11/9/2023 10:44 pm  #90

dufc2019 wrote:

someone on Mad saying Mochrie has been told that he can find another club

Mental if true. Watt hasn't done anything in his new position. When Sibbald/Docherty return I'd be looking for two from them and Tilson in the two sitting positions, with Glass or Mochrie further forward behind Moult.

I'd also add Middleton continues to offer little as well. Contrast that with Cudjoe and Fotheringham in recent games.

Too much commotion

14/9/2023 7:04 pm  #91

Rory McLeod going to Forfar on loan

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

14/9/2023 7:13 pm  #92

SuperMario wrote:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Unless someone else is coming in that is bonkers.

Not for the lad, I think it's best he goes out and bags a few goals. For us though it leaves a bit short up top.

Fingers crossed we stay injury free.

14/9/2023 7:38 pm  #93

CCX2 2010 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Not for the lad, I think it's best he goes out and bags a few goals. For us though it leaves a bit short up top.

Loan only until January, can recall him at any time

14/9/2023 7:45 pm  #94

wardy1983 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Loan only until January, can recall him at any time

That works then, should do the young man the world of good.

14/9/2023 9:07 pm  #95

We have no real back up to Moult and yet McLeod has had very little game time.

He may go on to become a player for us, but he's nowhere near ready from what i've seen.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

14/9/2023 9:17 pm  #96

David_Blunkett wrote:

He may go on to become a player for us, but he's nowhere near ready from what i've seen.

Happy for the lad if he can go out and get goals. Loads of potential but not quite ready for our first team - so probably the best outcome. Did both goodie and Russell the world of good

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

14/9/2023 11:24 pm  #97

Tangy wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Happy for the lad if he can go out and get goals. Loads of potential but not quite ready for our first team - so probably the best outcome. Did both goodie and Russell the world of good

Completely agree, only been making the bench because we are so short on options up front. Going on loan is the sensible move for his development hopefully be makes the most of it.

14/9/2023 11:56 pm  #98

Best thing for the laddie.

As someone on here said, we're producing technicaly sound laddies in Academy with nae experience in mens fitba. The likes o this loan is the best thing to gie the laddie a leg up.

15/9/2023 10:14 am  #99

What i don't get for the life off me is not signing another Striker.

He signs Jordan Tilson even though Docherty and Sibbald have both trained all week and will return imminently. We have plenty of options in midfield (Sibbald, Docherty, Grimshaw, Mochrie, Glass, and now Tilson).

Got very, very little up top and now even less.

We are gambling everything on Louis Moult 

1) Not getting injured
2) Staying in form

Unacceptable position to be in.

p.s. please don't tell me Watt and Middleton can play upfront because both should have been dropped weeks ago.

15/9/2023 10:22 am  #100

Tek wrote:

What i don't get for the life off me is not signing another Striker.

He signs Jordan Tilson even though Docherty and Sibbald have both trained all week and will return imminently. We have plenty of options in midfield (Sibbald, Docherty, Grimshaw, Mochrie, Glass, and now Tilson).

Got very, very little up top and now even less.

We are gambling everything on Louis Moult 

1) Not getting injured
2) Staying in form

Unacceptable position to be in.

p.s. please don't tell me Watt and Middleton can play upfront because both should have been dropped weeks ago.

I agree mate but i dont think JG see's it that way, Watt is the backup striker

Board footera