Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/9/2023 12:34 pm  #51

Re: Deadline week

Disappointing if true. We've got a solid starting XI but our bench has nothing. Couple of injuries and we will be in the shit.

01/9/2023 12:46 pm  #52

Rick Dagless wrote:

Disappointing if true. We've got a solid starting XI but our bench has nothing. Couple of injuries and we will be in the shit.

Yep, totally apparent to everyone except those holding the purse though.

01/9/2023 1:16 pm  #53

Rick Dagless wrote:

wouldn't say nothing from last game

Subs: Newman, Denham, Graham, Meekison, Fotheringham, Duffy, Mochrie, MacLeod, Stirton

most championship teams would love 5/6 of those in their squad  and we still have freeman and sibald

01/9/2023 1:27 pm  #54

I would challenge that by saying that that bench picks itself.  There is a definite drop off in quality.   Not to say that those lads will not come good - I think they all have time and need game time, but Rick is right, in terms of boys actually challenging for a starting berth, nothing.

We absolutely need some strengthening, but unfortunately I think Ogren wants to take more of a gamble than most think he should.  Granted he would likely have January if form drops off to sort things, but there will be even less available and ready to hit the ground running then.

It is clear that Ogren is clueless, has drawn the purse strings and therefore needs to go ASAP.

01/9/2023 2:06 pm  #55

Finn Seemann wrote:

I would challenge that by saying that that bench picks itself.  There is a definite drop off in quality.   Not to say that those lads will not come good - I think they all have time and need game time, but Rick is right, in terms of boys actually challenging for a starting berth, nothing.

We absolutely need some strengthening, but unfortunately I think Ogren wants to take more of a gamble than most think he should.  Granted he would likely have January if form drops off to sort things, but there will be even less available and ready to hit the ground running then.

It is clear that Ogren is clueless, has drawn the purse strings and therefore needs to go ASAP.

Disagree a little bit, Watt and Middleton hve been poor so could swap out for Meeks/Mochs Fotherinngham . Cudjoe's form might dip.

Remeber were not in the premiership

Last edited by dufc2019 (01/9/2023 2:08 pm)

01/9/2023 2:15 pm  #56

dufc2019 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Disagree a little bit, Watt and Middleton hve been poor so could swap out for Meeks/Mochs Fotherinngham . Cudjoe's form might dip.

Remeber were not in the premiership

That's the point.  Watt and Middleton have been poor, but still Jim won't risk the younger boys starting.

Just as well we're not in the Prem.  A Hibs team that is way better than us sit bottom with no points.  We are way off that level and that again is part of the problem.  Assuming we do go back up (despite the Ogren gamble) we are going to be hard pushed to establish ourselves in the top league again.

The mismanagement of the past few years is probably going to kill our club - tragic.

01/9/2023 2:28 pm  #57

you wonder how much might be down to agents advising players they can get the more somewhere else, along similar lines to Zander Clark last season.  Perhaps we have made some offers and they have been rejected waiting for a better offer, maybe we are waiting to see who is released at the end of the window or which players are looking to go out on loan as their club signed someone in their position.  Might still be some movement - maybe that is said more in hope than expectation

Smith seems on odd one as I doubt there will be many looking to sign an out of contract soon to be 35 year old.  However if he feels he cant keep Freeman out of the team I would question if he is someone we want to sign

01/9/2023 2:36 pm  #58

dufc2019 wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

Subs: Newman, Denham, Graham, Meekison, Fotheringham, Duffy, Mochrie, MacLeod, Stirton

most championship teams would love 5/6 of those in their squad  and we still have freeman and sibald

With all respect to those players. That bench offers nothing in an attacking sense.

And that is where i think we will struggle. If teams come to Tannadice and put everyone behind the ball and look to frustrate and nick one on the counter or from a set-piece.

Well there will be no 'Plan B' going by that bench.

01/9/2023 2:51 pm  #59

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

With all respect to those players. That bench offers nothing in an attacking sense.

And that is where i think we will struggle. If teams come to Tannadice and put everyone behind the ball and look to frustrate and nick one on the counter or from a set-piece.

Meekison, Fotheringham,  Mochrie, MacLeod are all attacking players but what your saying is they are not good enough for the championship ?  far too early to say that /i would say.

Watt and Middleton at the moment dont look good enough for the championship and they must be on about 10K between them.

01/9/2023 4:00 pm  #60

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

you wonder how much might be down to agents advising players they can get the more somewhere else, along similar lines to Zander Clark last season.  Perhaps we have made some offers and they have been rejected waiting for a better offer, maybe we are waiting to see who is released at the end of the window or which players are looking to go out on loan as their club signed someone in their position.  Might still be some movement - maybe that is said more in hope than expectation

Smith seems on odd one as I doubt there will be many looking to sign an out of contract soon to be 35 year old.  However if he feels he cant keep Freeman out of the team I would question if he is someone we want to sign

I'm pretty convinced that it's entirely down to Ogren penny pinching and being generally fucking clueless.

01/9/2023 4:09 pm  #61

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

I'm pretty convinced that it's entirely down to Ogren penny pinching and being generally fucking clueless.

Also very likely!

01/9/2023 4:37 pm  #62

Docherty hammy gone again

Would be astonished if we didn’t make a signing

Our squad is incredibly thin, full of boys who have had injury problems and youngsters,  not signing 2 or 3 players to bolster the squad is a shambles

Last edited by SuperMario (01/9/2023 4:39 pm)

01/9/2023 4:44 pm  #63

Id try & get McCarthy from Celtic on loan

01/9/2023 4:46 pm  #64

MockChop wrote:

Id try & get McCarthy from Celtic on loan

He will be injured no doubts about it

01/9/2023 5:32 pm  #65

Is anyone really surprised? Ogren has no more money to spend. His adviser and former Sporting Director is no longer on the scene, hence Ogren’s embarrassing last interview demonstrated just how out of touch he is.

Let’s deal with Zander Clark. His agent is Consilium Ltd. Directors of Consilium Ltd are: Jackie McNammara and Mike Martin. McNammara was a colleague of Tony Asghar and someone who did consultancy work for Revolution. When Asghar wound up his agency, he let his clients speak to McNammara. I am very much of the belief that McNammara introduced Mike Martin to Asghar.

Ok, Mark Ogren has been had, hook line and sinker, but, so have the fans. A former manager and former majority shareholder have pursued their own interests at the expense of the club and fans.

Apologies if I am repeating myself, but, until we the fans purchase the club, we will be at the mercy of middlemen and opportunists.

01/9/2023 5:43 pm  #66

Macbonzo wrote:

Is anyone really surprised? Ogren has no more money to spend. His adviser and former Sporting Director is no longer on the scene, hence Ogren’s embarrassing last interview demonstrated just how out of touch he is.

Let’s deal with Zander Clark. His agent is Consilium Ltd. Directors of Consilium Ltd are: Jackie McNammara and Mike Martin. McNammara was a colleague of Tony Asghar and someone who did consultancy work for Revolution. When Asghar wound up his agency, he let his clients speak to McNammara. I am very much of the belief that McNammara introduced Mike Martin to Asghar.

Ok, Mark Ogren has been had, hook line and sinker, but, so have the fans. A former manager and former majority shareholder have pursued their own interests at the expense of the club and fans.

Apologies if I am repeating myself, but, until we the fans purchase the club, we will be at the mercy of middlemen and opportunists.

Ogren just sold his golf course investment, so he's not skint

01/9/2023 5:50 pm  #67

dufc2019 wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

If we need a goal in a game and look to that bench I'm not seeing anyone who makes a difference.

Graham, Newman and Fotheringham should be the only players getting on the bench from that selection. We're five players short.

01/9/2023 6:36 pm  #68

Hen Broon wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

If we need a goal in a game and look to that bench I'm not seeing anyone who makes a difference.

Graham, Newman and Fotheringham should be the only players getting on the bench from that selection. We're five players short.

Exactly my point. There's no game changers on that bench.

01/9/2023 6:45 pm  #69

Rick Dagless wrote:

Hen Broon wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Exactly my point. There's no game changers on that bench.

ok, let me put it this way for you. What team has a better full squad than us in the championship this season ?

01/9/2023 7:35 pm  #70

Do we have the strongest First XI in the league? Absolutely.

Is our bench the strongest in the league? Not so sure on that.

01/9/2023 7:52 pm  #71

Rick Dagless wrote:

Who the fuck is Stirton? That question alone should provide the answer to your second question I'd think.

01/9/2023 8:08 pm  #72

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

Who the fuck is Stirton? That question alone should provide the answer to your second question I'd think.

That was my first thought on Saturday too.

Mibbee I'm being negative. But I'm just very aware that we made a similar gamble to not strengthen in January and that was a mistake. We should be putting ourselves in the strongest position to get out of this league on the first attempt.

01/9/2023 8:22 pm  #73

Rick Dagless wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

That was my first thought on Saturday too.

Mibbee I'm being negative. But I'm just very aware that we made a similar gamble to not strengthen in January and that was a mistake. We should be putting ourselves in the strongest position to get out of this league on the first attempt.

My exact feeling too mate.

01/9/2023 8:28 pm  #74

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Meekison, Fotheringham,  Mochrie, MacLeod are all attacking players but what your saying is they are not good enough for the championship ?  far too early to say that /i would say.

Watt and Middleton at the moment dont look good enough for the championship and they must be on about 10K between them.

You're twisting my words somewhat there (perhaps on purpose, but maybe not). I think all the players you mentioned could ply there trade in the Championship. If not now certainly in the future. To varying degrees of success.

What i am saying is that none are options from the bench or fringe players who will add goals. Which is what i think we will struggle for. Particularly if Moult gets injured (he almost certainly will at some point of the season).

P.s. agree about Watt and Middleton. All the more reason i wanted an attacking player or two in.

01/9/2023 8:34 pm  #75

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

Ogren just sold his golf course investment, so he's not skint

Ogren made it clear on 13th May 2022 that the club has to be self sufficient “because it has to” He said that he would not plough further money in.

As far as the golf course is concerned, we know he sold it for £7million, but do we know whether it was purchased by GPH Engineering or Ogren himself? He did  not have the funds to develop it himself and co Director Hector Rivero hired contractors to start developing the site, but, according to Ogren did not pay them. Irrespective it is a separate investment.

If you can tell me how much the course was purchased for I would be interested.

I think it’s fair to say that Ogren has been told : when you start digging a hole for yourself, the first thing you do is stop digging.

Board footera