Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/8/2023 2:43 pm  #1

Deadline week

Transfer window closes on Friday, difficult to say how busy we’ll be.  Goodwin has said that funds are available and he’s looking but he’s not desperate to make signings.  I’ve heard we want a midfielder and a striker.  Not heard many rumours though of who we might bring in.  Can’t see anyone leaving apart from maybe younger players on loan.

I predict 1 player in and 2 out (youngsters on loan)

27/8/2023 3:21 pm  #2

Re: Deadline week

We desperately need a backup striker, Moult cant keep playing 90 mins week in week out and the drop off from him to Watt or Mcleod is frightening.

Remember the loans have another months to go so might not see anyone going out

27/8/2023 3:40 pm  #3

So can we bring players in on loan from England or the premier for another month as well?

27/8/2023 3:56 pm  #4

Reckon we’ll bring in one more, maybe two at a push. A RB and a winger would be the positions I’d be targetting. Freeman and Middleton are the two obvious areas in the team that we could be upgrading on.

We’re not gonna get another striker close to Moult’s level. Every other team in this league would bite your hand off to have Watt as their second choice striker, so he’ll do for now.

Hopefully the bright start to the season hasn’t caused Ogren to tighten the purse string and think that we have enough. Our first XI is more than good enough to romp the league, but it’s more the options from the bench that worry me. Games like the other week against Dunfermline, when we’re at home, and are struggling to break teams down that are camped in their own box, folk were screaming for Goodwin to make a change, but who do we really have in the bench that is ready to come on and make a difference?

27/8/2023 5:31 pm  #5

We need to bring in minimum 3 in my opinion,Speculate to accumulate!

Otherwise injuries could derail our title chances.

27/8/2023 9:46 pm  #6

Striker.

Big ask for Moult to last a season.

Watt, frustrating, too many Hollywoods that hold up play, when's he ever going to learn he's never going to get refs call.
Good Vlog, seems a popular guy in changing room.
If he's on 6k - talk on the park Tony. 

27/8/2023 10:15 pm  #7

We 100% need another Striker.

Moult cannot be relied upon all season long.

And we have fuck all on the bench.

I wouldn't say Watt should necessarily get a starting jersey every week either. We definitely need competition in that area. Been our achiles heal for a long time now.

Not having enough attacking options.

27/8/2023 10:37 pm  #8

100% need 1+ more strikers. Bench had 17 and 16 year old subbies against Ayr.

28/8/2023 10:43 pm  #9

4 days to go now and not a hint of a rumour…

29/8/2023 7:51 am  #10

Snacks94 wrote:

Just make one up.
Start with I heard, then watch it fly.

29/8/2023 10:53 am  #11

Definitely believe we need reinforcements but I'm not fussed about the lack of rumours. Goodwin & the club in general have been very tight lipped this season and generally signings like Moult, Gallagher and Walton only really got rumoured a matter of hours before they were standing with the Scarf over the head.

Makes a change from reading the weekly Asghar bullshit via Scott Burns that never came to fruition!

29/8/2023 11:01 am  #12

A pacey winger, a good right back and a target man 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

29/8/2023 11:48 am  #13

SuperMario wrote:

A pacey winger, a good right back and a target man 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Snatch your hand off for that, doubt it will happen though.

29/8/2023 2:34 pm  #14

Can see 2 in, with 2/3 young lads out on loan with January callback option

29/8/2023 3:28 pm  #15

Rumour is up to 3 in by Friday.
No names, no type of deal.
Taxi driver stuff.

Enough to keep me interested anyway.

KTF

29/8/2023 3:47 pm  #16

MockChop wrote:

Can see 2 in, with 2/3 young lads out on loan with January callback option

which ones would you put out ?

29/8/2023 9:11 pm  #17

If we sign a striker and a CM, then I’d let Mochrie & MacLeod go out

29/8/2023 10:24 pm  #18

Snacks94 wrote:

3 days to go…. still very quiet ….

29/8/2023 10:59 pm  #19

Working on 1 at the moment apparently and doesn’t sound like it’s a attacking player either

29/8/2023 11:01 pm  #20

SuperMario wrote:

Working on 1 at the moment apparently and doesn’t sound like it’s a attacking player either

Just read that.  Pretty sure we’ll see one in and hopefully he can sneak another through the door before midnight on Friday.

29/8/2023 11:12 pm  #21

SuperMario wrote:

Michael Smith.

29/8/2023 11:17 pm  #22

If it’s Smith then there’s no rush to get him signed by Friday as he’s currently a free agent.

29/8/2023 11:30 pm  #23

It's a bold move if we don't bring in another striker, unless Goodwin is confident Watt can properly deputise and Sibbald plays further forward.

Smith allows Docherty and Grimshaw to totally dominate the midfield I suppose.

I guess we don't know how much budget there is to play about with and the right man might not be out there.

None of us will lose our jobs if the wrong choice is made and for someone who's stock has fallen quite low, it's a big gamble if we can make signings, but prioritise other areas in the hope Moult stays fit.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

29/8/2023 11:54 pm  #24

David_Blunkett wrote:

It's a bold move if we don't bring in another striker.

Some may say 'bold'.

I'd say idiotic.

30/8/2023 10:07 am  #25

I guess if we've a budget of x and we can get 2 average players or 1 good player, it's what big handsome has decided to do.

Can't think that I've seen smith play but must be an upgrade on what we have there and gives us more cover to get away from having to pull grimshaw to rb all the time.

Up top is still a worry. Maybe sadat is nearing a comeback? Which would give us moult, watt, mcleod and sadat.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Board footera