Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/8/2023 3:36 pm  #501

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

SuperMario wrote:

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Has anyone heard anything more on the Niskanen sale, has went very quiet after the initial news?

Waiting on a work permit

Could that take a wee while? Or is it just our work permits that take forever to be approved?

11/8/2023 5:34 pm  #502

Goodwin said in the Courier today that he is considering his options.

Too much commotion

14/8/2023 11:18 pm  #503

As we are travelling to Burnley for a game Friday night, surely we ask if there’s a possibility of a loan from them?

Worked when Man Utd used St Andrews..

15/8/2023 7:57 am  #504

MockChop wrote:

As we are travelling to Burnley for a game Friday night, surely we ask if there’s a possibility of a loan from them?

I’m still waiting on a Fulham player appearing since our link was announced. 5 players loaned in since that link was made, none from them.

KTF

15/8/2023 9:45 am  #505

GFL wrote:

MockChop wrote:

I’m still waiting on a Fulham player appearing since our link was announced. 5 players loaned in since that link was made, none from them.

There is a list of club partners at the very bottom of the website homepage. Fulham used to be on it but they’re not anymore so I wonder if the arrangement has been cancelled

15/8/2023 11:56 am  #506

GFL wrote:

MockChop wrote:

This has been explained many times. Our link up with Fulham had nothing to do with them loaning us players.

15/8/2023 1:18 pm  #507

Rumour has it that the link up with Fulham did eventually benefit one man, who has landed a consultancy role with them.

Just a rumour, mind.

15/8/2023 1:21 pm  #508

Arabdownsouth wrote:

GFL wrote:

MockChop wrote:

This has been explained many times. Our link up with Fulham had nothing to do with them loaning us players.

I know, they just get to have first pick of youth prospects coming through and a former employee decides to act as agent.

KTF

15/8/2023 3:53 pm  #509

And then there was one.

Niskanen gone to Exeter for an undisclosed fee but reports of around £150000 has exchanged hands.

Boys was dreadful imo, seemed a nice bloke all the same and the best of luck to him.

The fact that someone on our board has convinced Exeter to part with cash for this guy has given me renewed hope that it might be possible to shift Coco the clown on also.

Hopefully frees up another space to get some more additional players.

15/8/2023 3:54 pm  #510

Sadly, I can only see the fee going into Birighitti’s bank account.

15/8/2023 4:03 pm  #511

Thomson away to Montrose on loan

15/8/2023 4:47 pm  #512

MockChop wrote:

Happily at this point. Get him so far to fuck.
Then someone else in the United gaff.

KTF

15/8/2023 5:00 pm  #513

To get any fee for Niskanen is a great deal for UTD. He scored 2 goals in 61 games. Simply not good enough.

15/8/2023 5:18 pm  #514

MockChop wrote:

Hopefully not. Definitely a game to see who's going to blink first on that one though.

He'll be wanting his contract paid in full, or close to, and we'll be offering a lower payout or training with the under 21's where he can see out his contract in a foreign country while docking his wages if he's doesn't show for thon training. Hope the club stand their ground, even if it is a rather nasty side to football. Business is business at the end of the day.

15/8/2023 6:22 pm  #515

dufc2019 wrote:

Thomson away to Montrose on loan

Good move, hopefully gets loads of game time.

15/8/2023 6:39 pm  #516

Morphman wrote:

MockChop wrote:

Hopefully not. Definitely a game to see who's going to blink first on that one though.

He'll be wanting his contract paid in full, or close to, and we'll be offering a lower payout or training with the under 21's where he can see out his contract in a foreign country while docking his wages if he's doesn't show for thon training. Hope the club stand their ground, even if it is a rather nasty side to football. Business is business at the end of the day.

Can't see Birighitti blinking first, he's not seen anything coming at him since he arrived.😀

In fairness to him, we offered him that deal and he's fully entitled to it, can't see him getting another deal to play professional football again so if I were him I would sit tight.

15/8/2023 7:51 pm  #517

Stillliving wrote:

To get any fee for Niskanen is a great deal for UTD. He scored 2 goals in 61 games. Simply not good enough.

He was far from good but be fair. A lot of those games were as a substitute and playing at wingback.... comparable track record to tony watt who has always been played up top

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

15/8/2023 8:46 pm  #518

Tangy wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

He was far from good but be fair. A lot of those games were as a substitute and playing at wingback.... comparable track record to tony watt who has always been played up top

That’s not true. He’s barely ever played up top for us. Played as an inverted left winger when he came in basically right up until he left for St. Mirren, and now he’s playing in the number 10. The only game I can remember him playing up front for us was at McDiarmid Park in January, and he scored the winner.

Not defending Watt’s goal record, but to say he’s played up front the whole time he’s been here is utter shite.

Last edited by JerryDungle (15/8/2023 8:47 pm)

15/8/2023 8:57 pm  #519

Stillliving wrote:

Whilst i totally agree with you, Jim Goodwin is currently hedging his bets on an attacking player with 5 goals in 46 appearances and zero goals in any of the opening 6 lower league games (Watt).

Is he good enough?

15/8/2023 9:01 pm  #520

JerryDungle wrote:

Not defending Watt’s goal record, but to say he’s played up front the whole time he’s been here is utter shite.

You are kinda defending it though. He plays in attacking areas of the pitch, be it a No.9,10 or LW.

His goalscoring record therefore should be coming under scrutiny, and the simple question of whether we could do better an obvious one. Certainly given his big wage.

15/8/2023 9:04 pm  #521

Apparently Ross Docherty is out for a month and even worse still, Craig Sibbald has a suspected broken ankle.

Making just one more signing is not an option now.

Time for Ogren to open the purse strings a bit more, particularly given that that is the 4th player we have received a fee for this Summer (Eriksson, Levitt, Behich and Niskanen).

15/8/2023 9:11 pm  #522

Tek wrote:

Apparently Ross Docherty is out for a month and even worse still, Craig Sibbald has a suspected broken ankle.

Time for Ogren to open the purse strings a bit more, particularly given that that is the 3rd player we have received a fee for this Summer.

Dock is expected to be back for the Ayr game, sibs has has a scan yes

15/8/2023 10:06 pm  #523

Tek wrote:

Time for Ogren to open the purse strings a bit more, particularly given that that is the 4th player we have received a fee for this Summer (Eriksson, Levitt, Behich and Niskanen).

I hate when you post news like this☹️

15/8/2023 10:10 pm  #524

Oh for actual f*** sake

16/8/2023 7:22 am  #525

Tek wrote:

Watched a bit of training yesterday and seen sibbald going down, he was putting weight on his ankle so hopefully isn’t broken but he did look in a lot of pain

Board footera