Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/8/2023 6:50 am  #451

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

Behich was a talented player but I'm not sure the industrial nature of the 2nd tier would have suited him.
Hopefully it allows JG to bring in a robust replacement.

04/8/2023 8:05 am  #452

Tek wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Behich is signing for Melbourne City. No word on whether we’re getting a transfer fee or not.

Inevitable, but still a pisser. He would have torn up this division.

Hopefully we get a token fee and that complimented with Aziz's high wage being freed up will result in another signing.

See I’m not so sure. I was never overly impressed with Behich in a United shirt. Great for Australia in the World Cup, but I never saw him do much for us. Had one or two games where he was a 7/8 out of 10, but also had plenty where he was a 4/5.

His man marking was lackadaisical and he cost us a lot of goals not tracking his man at the back post. He was hopeless in a back 4, which is JG’s preferred defensive structure, and was very ineffective when pushed to LW, albeit he had a lot going on at home at that point.

I think a lot of people formed their opinion on him based on what they saw in the World Cup, rather than anything he ever did for United, because on the whole I thought he was extremely underwhelming other than about 2 or 3 decent games. Don’t doubt he’d be a good player for somebody, but wasn’t suited to Scottish football at all.

04/8/2023 10:03 am  #453

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Behich is signing for Melbourne City. No word on whether we’re getting a transfer fee or not.

It'll be another Fojut situation.

Soft as fuck FC

Bit of a difference between the two. Behich’s mrs recently had cancer and is currently in remission then his mother in law was diagnosed. Just wants to go home and be closer to family, which is completely fine under the circumstances.

KTF

04/8/2023 10:11 am  #454

04/8/2023 10:21 am  #455

Mulgrew gone too?

Happy with this. Whether fairly or not, he was implicated in the disaster at the start of the season and the end of jack ross' tenure.

A situation we never recovered from.

Hopefully between he a behich, we save a ton of cash and can sign a couple of extra players. I'd take any position but would love a bit of creativity

Last edited by Tangy (04/8/2023 10:41 am)

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

04/8/2023 11:08 am  #456

Tangy wrote:

Mulgrew gone too?

Happy with this. Whether fairly or not, he was implicated in the disaster at the start of the season and the end of jack ross' tenure.

Hopefully between he a behich, we save a ton of cash and can sign a couple of extra players. I'd take any position but would love a bit of creativity

A RB would be near the top of the list for me. Freeman is awful.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us go for McGrath again towards the end of the window if he doesn’t find another club. Scott Burns tweeted that Goodwin would love to have him back.

04/8/2023 11:25 am  #457

JerryDungle wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Mulgrew gone too?

A RB would be near the top of the list for me. Freeman is awful.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us go for McGrath again towards the end of the window if he doesn’t find another club. Scott Burns tweeted that Goodwin would love to have him back.

RB is absolutely essential unless we persist with playing Grimshaw there, which I don't think was his position of choice when signing. Interestingly, Ayr just signed a RB on loan from Lincoln City who looks a decent player. I can only hope we aren't hoping to persevere with Freeman as that side was a weakness last season and teams knew it and exploited it. I don't see a future for KF in a United shirt - he just isn't good enough and offers nothing. 

Would love to see some creativity and pace added to the team. It would be good to have an out-and-out winger who just wants to knock it past a boy, get to the byline and swing it in - something we've lacked for years. I wouldn't be too impressed at McGrath coming back in all honesty - his stats look good from last season but to me he seems to fade in and out too frequently and unsure he's what we need at this point in time. 

04/8/2023 12:56 pm  #458

GFL wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

It'll be another Fojut situation.

Soft as fuck FC

Bit of a difference between the two. Behich’s mrs recently had cancer and is currently in remission then his mother in law was diagnosed. Just wants to go home and be closer to family, which is completely fine under the circumstances.

The stories actually said his mother in law has been fighting it for 5 years and was in remission, however it has sadly come back again

Last edited by chalmers1967 (04/8/2023 12:56 pm)

04/8/2023 5:06 pm  #459

Off ye pop Charlie. Sure you'll find a nice bedsit in ane oe the p1ss houses in Parkdaed.

04/8/2023 6:11 pm  #460

05/8/2023 11:06 pm  #461

Behich has joined Melbourne

Good luck to him and wish him and his family all the best

06/8/2023 8:33 am  #462

Charlie Mildew musta gotta bedsit. Sittin spoutin p1sh aboot the bhoys on Blobhy 1 Spout-scene last night.

06/8/2023 8:37 am  #463

Snacks94 wrote:

Behich has joined Melbourne

Good luck to him and wish him and his family all the best

Aye Snacks. Saw that in the early oors.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7959/AZIZ-BEHICH-DEPARTS-FOR-MELBOURNE-CITY.html

06/8/2023 9:41 am  #464

Little shoots of optimism yes but let's see where the team are after 1st round of league fixtures. As it stands we're a couple of key injuries away from being a complete mess in this league so let's keep fingers crossed on that front.
A long way to go before any promotion talk and if successful there then to avoid being a yoyo. Even further to becoming an established top 6 club.
Last year sickened me both in terms of the running of the club and with the appointment of Jim who has still to convince, especially when it comes to 6 pointer games.
I for one won't be remortgaging and lumping on Utd any time soon

06/8/2023 10:16 am  #465

Hopefully we can bring in another 3 at least before the end of the month now we are freeing up wages. Two good wages off the books in 2 days, I'll be happy if Birighitti is next and we keep the rest. Wouldn't be a bad idea to send Denham back and bring in someone on a permanent deal as he's unlikely to get much game time if Dec stays fit so no point him being here really. A decent back up striker and DM too please. Probably hoping for too much there but I think we need it.

06/8/2023 10:45 am  #466

The signing of Gallagher took us over budget but we knew Mulgrew and Behich were going so Ogren was happy to sanction it. Would be very surprised to see as many as 3 coming in. 1 maybe but not 3.

06/8/2023 12:01 pm  #467

What positions we thinking we still need to upgrade?
- A striker for me. Moult an injury away from us being very nullified imo.
- A winger possibly, young boys can do a job sparsely but not a full game, plus Middleton isn’t exactly 90 mins every week and doing well. Don’t trust immi at this level.

Friday first half was great, I liked Goodwin not even entertaining it with smiles. The attitude I want in this dugmeat league.
But we all know an injury or 2 we’re gonna be fucked.
Big task next week against a side gonna fancy themselves for a shout with the title.

KTF

06/8/2023 12:45 pm  #468

KdyArab wrote:

The signing of Gallagher took us over budget but we knew Mulgrew and Behich were going so Ogren was happy to sanction it. Would be very surprised to see as many as 3 coming in. 1 maybe but not 3.

How do you know the Gallagher signing took us over  budget?

06/8/2023 2:41 pm  #469

GFL wrote:

- A winger possibly, young boys can do a job sparsely but not a full game, plus Middleton isn’t exactly 90 mins every week and doing well. Don’t trust immi at this level.

Friday first half was great, I liked Goodwin not even entertaining it with smiles. The attitude I want in this dugmeat league.
Big task next week against a side gonna fancy themselves for a shout with the title.

I think we might see McGrath back and would like to see someone with pace up top/wide.

Enjoyed the pace we played on Friday night but as you say couple of injuries and we are in trouble.

The way Goodwin has binned almost the lot of that squad the Ashgar put together is very welcome and I think he could go further. Glass can go, just doesn't do enough for me and Niskanen is honking.

06/8/2023 3:08 pm  #470

CCX2 2010 wrote:

GFL wrote:

I think we might see McGrath back and would like to see someone with pace up top/wide.

Enjoyed the pace we played on Friday night but as you say couple of injuries and we are in trouble.

The way Goodwin has binned almost the lot of that squad the Ashgar put together is very welcome and I think he could go further. Glass can go, just doesn't do enough for me and Niskanen is honking.

Well if you want pace and running power, Glass isnt it, possibly the slowest player in the squad

06/8/2023 3:15 pm  #471

@DUFC2019 I agree, seen very little that make me think he can be a first team regular for us.

I think if he doesn't come good in the next few weeks he could be leaving before the window shuts.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (06/8/2023 3:16 pm)

06/8/2023 3:28 pm  #472

CCX2 2010 wrote:

@DUFC2019 I agree, seen very little that make me think he can be a first team regular for us.

I think if he doesn't come good in the next few weeks he could be leaving before the window shuts.

I agree, better to give Meekison and Mochrie the game time and 3 years younger

06/8/2023 4:41 pm  #473

dufc2019 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I agree, better to give Meekison and Mochrie the game time and 3 years younger

Haven't seen enough of Mochrie to pass comment but i really don't see what others see in Meekison. Offers very little imo. And had quite a lot of game time compared to other youngsters.

06/8/2023 7:19 pm  #474

I listened to Goodwin last week and he was saying that he has brought in some sort of dietitian to bulk these guys up, they defo need it.

I remember we done it with Swanson and it transformed his overall game.

07/8/2023 2:18 am  #475

Think it was Conway that was bulked up.

Board footera