Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/7/2023 4:51 am  #1

Arbroath vs Dundee Utd - Friday 4/8/23

Ok, so in four days time the serious stuff begins.

Team and formation?

31/7/2023 6:44 pm  #2

Re: Arbroath vs Dundee Utd - Friday 4/8/23

Same team and formation as against Carlisle.

Tough start but you need to go to Arbroath at some point and the first week in August wo t be nearly tough conditions as our next visit in January.

Sleeves rolled up from the start and put a marker down.

I really hope Middleton kicks on from his goal last week, I just think the lad is a shadow of what he is capable of. He could be the key to a successful season.

2 nil United with Moult and Middleton scoring the goals.

01/8/2023 12:52 pm  #3

First couple games in, was heavily shitting it that we were gonna go full fun and take 7 from Airdrie.
Last 3, but more relaxed.
Ok 2 cup games were lesser teams but Carlisle were dominated. Kept quiet. Assured when needed at the back.

Will need to carry that on Friday. Hope they keep it going.
Cliche time; keep the baw on the deck against them, we’ll be fine.

KTF

01/8/2023 4:39 pm  #4

United end sold out

Same team as Carlisle for me

1-3 Utd
Moult, Watt and Docherty

04/8/2023 8:37 pm  #5

4-0 united at half time.

Middleton, Anim Cudjoe, Sibbald, Moult

04/8/2023 10:11 pm  #6

Pretty much the perfect start, a joy to watch at times.

Moult outstanding

McMann and Docherty very good too

04/8/2023 10:23 pm  #7

Magnificent all round performance with some great individual performance but more importantly the rolled up the sleeves and got wired in from the start.

Moult, McMann, Docherty and Cudjoe all can be particularly pleased.

4 nil away and Mulgrew gone, great day all round.

04/8/2023 11:16 pm  #8

I enjoyed that this evening.
Arbroath were lucky to escape with only a 4 goal defeat.
It's great to see a team that looks fit.

05/8/2023 1:38 am  #9

Really enjoyed that first hour tonight. Brilliant performance. Delighted we came 'out the traps' fast tonight and looked like we were up for it from the first whistle.

Quick, sharp passing. Rapid counter attacks. And clinical finishing.

That was a joy to watch actually, and a brilliant marker to put down on the first game of the season that we are gonna take some beating this season.

Thought the team had a much better balance to it tonight and though there were no failures at all, my special mention goes to Scott McMann, Louis Moult and Mathew Cudjoe. All outstanding i thought. Good displays also from Craig Sibbald, Ross Docherty and, yes Tony Watt. Everyone else solid enough.

My only grumble is that we never scored more, though we were very unlucky not too given we clattered the woodwork twice, had a stonewall penalty denied and had a few other near things.

My only other grumble, well not so much a 'grumble', more an observation. The homegrown Academy players really aren't bringing enough to the team when called upon. That is a few lesser opposition they've featured against and i really don't see that any of them have added anything. Cudjoe imo by far our best young player and the only one worthy of a Utd jersey on merit. 

In an ideal World i'd like to see the likes of Macleod, Thomson go on loan and a couple of more experienced and physical attacking players come in the door this window. Do that and i think we really are ready to have a good season where we can have a good go in every game. Currently we just don't have the depth attacking wise from middle to front if one or two of our key players got injured.

Anyway that's for another day. Excellent, excellent start. Harder tests to come, starting next week i suspect.

05/8/2023 2:06 am  #10

Agree with all of your points Tek. Reminded me of the game vs ICT when Shankland scored 4 at Tannadice and sent Coll Donaldson to the stalls: A real marker down for the season.

On your point about youth players, hard to disagree. I felt I'd seen enough of Macleod last year to know he had something about him, not entirely sure he is a Centre forward though.

Our academy seems to have an alarming habit of producing these players who are technically decent but all seem to play somewhere in the "3" behind a central striker with varying levels of succesa:

Glass,Macleod, Chalmers, Thomson, Meekison, Mochrie.

Going further back: Fraser, Dow, Scott Banks, Brad Smith, Matty Smith, Appere.

Last edited by Morphman (05/8/2023 2:06 am)

05/8/2023 9:18 am  #11

Great atmosphere last night. It wiz a fine evening in Aberbrothock. Nae wind and nae hot air.

Saw grit and bottle that we only saw a couple oe times last Season. Ken it was jist 1 gehm, but was a line in the sand, but we hae to keep this up. (the Pars next).

Passing wiz better than weve seen in a while. Finishing imoroved, tho the only wee moan wiz that we never got a couple mair in the 2nd half, even tho we were in control.

MOTM for me McMann

05/8/2023 1:05 pm  #12

kiwiarab wrote:

4-0 united at half time.

Am I tripping or did this happen and it’s posted before the game?

KTF

05/8/2023 1:07 pm  #13

Tek wrote:

Really enjoyed that first hour tonight. Brilliant performance. Delighted we came 'out the traps' fast tonight and looked like we were up for it from the first whistle.

Quick, sharp passing. Rapid counter attacks. And clinical finishing.

That was a joy to watch actually, and a brilliant marker to put down on the first game of the season that we are gonna take some beating this season.

Thought the team had a much better balance to it tonight and though there were no failures at all, my special mention goes to Scott McMann, Louis Moult and Mathew Cudjoe. All outstanding i thought. Good displays also from Craig Sibbald, Ross Docherty and, yes Tony Watt. Everyone else solid enough.

My only grumble is that we never scored more, though we were very unlucky not too given we clattered the woodwork twice, had a stonewall penalty denied and had a few other near things.

My only other grumble, well not so much a 'grumble', more an observation. The homegrown Academy players really aren't bringing enough to the team when called upon. That is a few lesser opposition they've featured against and i really don't see that any of them have added anything. Cudjoe imo by far our best young player and the only one worthy of a Utd jersey on merit. 

In an ideal World i'd like to see the likes of Macleod, Thomson go on loan and a couple of more experienced and physical attacking players come in the door this window. Do that and i think we really are ready to have a good season where we can have a good go in every game. Currently we just don't have the depth attacking wise from middle to front if one or two of our key players got injured.

Anyway that's for another day. Excellent, excellent start. Harder tests to come, starting next week i suspect.

Agree with the majority Tek. Penalty is prob my only one I’d disagree with. Delighted if we get it, furious if it goes against us.

KTF

05/8/2023 2:41 pm  #14

GFL wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

4-0 united at half time.

kiwiarab is 11 hour ahead mate, already knew the score.

05/8/2023 3:19 pm  #15

Hen Broon wrote:

GFL wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

4-0 united at half time.

kiwiarab is 11 hour ahead mate, already knew the score.

😂😂😂

KTF

05/8/2023 4:21 pm  #16

GFL wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

4-0 united at half time.

Correct score and scorers in right order wow

What were tonight's lotto numbers? Asking for a friend!

05/8/2023 8:27 pm  #17

Danzaa wrote:

GFL wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

4-0 united at half time.

This forum always shows an hour behind, He's not mystic Meg at all 😂

05/8/2023 10:45 pm  #18

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

GFL wrote:

The clock is showing the right time for me.

If you guys go into 'My Options' bar up the top of the page and set your clock to +1CET it should sort it out.

05/8/2023 11:15 pm  #19

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

If you guys go into 'My Options' bar up the top of the page and set your clock to +1CET it should sort it out.

Cheers

06/8/2023 12:45 am  #20

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

I'm gonna hang fire for the lottery numbers first if its OK 🤣

06/8/2023 8:51 am  #21

Sorry to disappoint, nae lottery numbers from me. I posted that at half time.

If I had that level of prediction skill I would have entered the prediction league that TEK is running

06/8/2023 11:56 am  #22

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

😂😂
Coulda let the myth live Tek. 😂

KTF

07/8/2023 4:00 pm  #23

watched the 1st half again (did the same on Saturday morning), I loved the way we played with that front 4. Middleton and cudjoe offering out wide, Watt playing well behind the striker and Moult was unplayable. we treated a wee team like how Celtic treat us, no respect and turned up like the big boys and got the job done with ease. far too many teams before like Dumbarton, Alloa and that took the game to us previous. hope we go for the kill in all other 37 games this season.

07/8/2023 5:09 pm  #24

The clean sheet was key, but in reality we never really looked to troubled by them on the night - if we can continue with that we will be in a good position

07/8/2023 5:53 pm  #25

I’ve watched the whole match back again since Friday and as well as the excellent movement and passing on the ball it is noticeable that everyone is working like fcuk when we don’t have the ball.  Noticed a huge change in Middleton in particular, clear that someone has had a serious word with him.  Guys like Gallagher, Docherty and Moult demanding it from their teammates throughout is great to see.

Board footera