Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/7/2023 8:44 pm  #1

Falkirk vs Utd - Tuesday 25/7/23

What XI and formation would you like to see on Tuesday night?  

P.S. is there anyway at all Utd can still qualify from the Group?

23/7/2023 9:00 pm  #2

Re: Falkirk vs Utd - Tuesday 25/7/23

My team would be -

...........................Walton.............
Grimshaw...Denham..Holt...McMann
Middleton...Docherty...Sibbald...Chalmers
......................Moult...Watt......

Subs - Newman, Graham, Freeman, MacLeod
Meekison, Mochrie, Cudjoe, Glass, Duffy

23/7/2023 9:36 pm  #3

Tek wrote:

What XI and formation would you like to see on Tuesday night?  

P.S. is there anyway at all Utd can still qualify from the Group?

Absolutely not a chance mate. But we need to win tomorrow to at least build some kind of momentum for the games that do matter.

23/7/2023 9:37 pm  #4

Yes I think there is a serious of results that could see a few teams tie on 6 points ( unlikely though).

23/7/2023 9:41 pm  #5

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Yes I think there is a serious of results that could see a few teams tie on 6 points ( unlikely though).

Well I'm not going to be wasting any time trying to work out those permutations, we are out and we know it.

23/7/2023 9:55 pm  #6

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Well I'm not going to be wasting any time trying to work out those permutations, we are out and we know it.

Absolutely,  saves further embarrassment in the next round.

Further improvement from Saturday is what I want to see on Tuesday.

23/7/2023 10:01 pm  #7

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Absolutely,  saves further embarrassment in the next round.

Further improvement from Saturday is what I want to see on Tuesday.

Same mate, it's all about starting off strongly in the league. We at least stopped the rot but against a very weak team, we need to show more on Tuesday.

24/7/2023 10:20 pm  #8

Is there a live stream available?

24/7/2023 10:40 pm  #9

Niskanen back in the squad.  Mochrie is an injury doubt.

Hopefully Moult can get another hour or so under his belt.

24/7/2023 10:55 pm  #10

kdyteejay wrote:

It's on Viaplay.

Should be a stream doing the rounds on Hesgoal or IPTV if you have that.

25/7/2023 11:25 am  #11

I'll be there tonight - think Moult will be risked?  Its been an ankle he's had so much problems with and very easy to roll your ankle on thon pitch.   

25/7/2023 11:30 am  #12

Tek wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

It's on Viaplay.

Should be a stream doing the rounds on Hesgoal or IPTV if you have that.

hesgoal died about a year ag0

25/7/2023 9:41 pm  #13

Very pedestrian tonight and lucky to get away with a win in the end. Another clean sheet though to be fair.

Assuming Moult was rested due to plastic pitch potentially flaring up injuries. With this said, if he misses any games for us this season then we are likely to be in big trouble, don't look for a second like scoring.

Last edited by Morphman (25/7/2023 9:41 pm)

25/7/2023 9:46 pm  #14

Morphman wrote:

Very pedestrian tonight and lucky to get away with a win in the end. Another clean sheet though to be fair.

Assuming Moult was rested due to plastic pitch potentially flaring up injuries. With this said, if he misses any games for us this season then we are likely to be in big trouble, don't look for a second like scoring.

That is v harsh imo

We controlled most of that game until the last 10 mins, played some good football, watt should have had 2 and cudjoe should have had 1 also

The goalkeeper looks a find, docherty and sibbald kept the ball all night and broke up play well when needed, cudjoe and Kai were bright sparks and apart from the finishing I thought watt grew in to the game

Last edited by SuperMario (25/7/2023 9:47 pm)

25/7/2023 9:52 pm  #15

SuperMario wrote:

Morphman wrote:

That is v harsh imo

We controlled most of that game until the last 10 mins, played some good football, watt should have had 2 and cudjoe should have had 1 also

The goalkeeper looks a find, docherty and sibbald kept the ball all night and broke up play well when needed, cudjoe and Kai were bright sparks and apart from the finishing I thought watt grew in to the game

Agreed, couple of hairy moments in the last 10, but the keeper hasn't really had a save to make, well other that one's he should be making.

Probably could've been 5 up if not for shite finishing and Meekison over hitting that pass to Fotheringham.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

25/7/2023 10:02 pm  #16

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. Even a fully fit Moult isn't going to have a 50 goal season.

25/7/2023 10:19 pm  #17

Standouts: Goalie, McMann
Steady workers: Ross Graham, Docherty as always Sibbald.
Flair: Cudjoe
Pleased to see Niskannen back
Agree, missed about 5 sitters.

Bottom line: Single goal from Donaldson (twat) backpass v skin of our teeth 0
- We're doing our best to make hard work of things.

26/7/2023 12:07 am  #18

Hen Broon wrote:

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. Even a fully fit Moult isn't going to have a 50 goal season.

Me either.

Yes, we controlled the game tonight and there were some good spells of passing, but our play in the final 3rd has me tearing out (what's left of) my hair.

We never look like really scoring unless the opponent makes a mistake or we get a penalty.

We simply have to sign a couple of attacking players before the window closes. One out and out winger and a target man Striker.

Watt does my head in. Strolls about like he's playing in the Tennent's Sixes.

Best player tonight was Cudjoe. Though i do think over time teams will suss out that he always looks to cut inside. I would like to see him more central and for us to sign an out and out winger on the right (or left).

Fotheringham, and Glass tidy at times but just no cutting edge in the final third from either. Fotheringham (despite his goal) actually disappointed me tonight. Couple of times had the ball in space in dangerous areas and twice done nothing with it.

Thought Scott McMann had a good game also and new Keeper looks competent so far.

26/7/2023 12:23 am  #19

Biggest relief for me is that we appear to have a decent goalkeeper.  I see gradual improvement throughout the team but still plenty to work on.  Tony Watt is frustrating and will always be but thought he did ok tonight and attitude was good.  Docherty and Sibbald worked well together but we desperately need some creativity in the middle of the park - Glass, Mochrie and Meekison all show it in flashes …. Can one of them become consistent ?  Cudjoe was better tonight, if he could sort his final ball and finishing he would be a real asset.  McMann looks like he’ll be fine in the championship at left back.  Holt I think is settling in ok and if we get Gallagher in then that could be a decent partnership with Graham as cover.  Freeman is totally off it and hopefully we play Grimshaw there next Friday.

26/7/2023 12:25 am  #20

dufc2019 wrote:

hesgoal died about a year ag0

It's back up and running.

Seems to be working better than ever too.

26/7/2023 12:28 am  #21

Snacks94 wrote:

Freeman is totally off it and hopefully we play Grimshaw there next Friday.

Don't think i've ever seen a bigger drop-off in a Utd player.

Not even a year ago he was exceptional against AZ at home (at LB too).

Now the weak link every time.

He has to get his finger out pronto or his career will always be spent in the lower leagues.

26/7/2023 9:46 am  #22

Tek wrote:

Hen Broon wrote:

Me either.

Yes, we controlled the game tonight and there were some good spells of passing, but our play in the final 3rd has me tearing out (what's left of) my hair.

We never look like really scoring unless the opponent makes a mistake or we get a penalty.

We simply have to sign a couple of attacking players before the window closes. One out and out winger and a target man Striker.

Watt does my head in. Strolls about like he's playing in the Tennent's Sixes.

Best player tonight was Cudjoe. Though i do think over time teams will suss out that he always looks to cut inside. I would like to see him more central and for us to sign an out and out winger on the right (or left).

Fotheringham, and Glass tidy at times but just no cutting edge in the final third from either. Fotheringham (despite his goal) actually disappointed me tonight. Couple of times had the ball in space in dangerous areas and twice done nothing with it.

Thought Scott McMann had a good game also and new Keeper looks competent so far.

Funnily enough I enjoyed watching that more than any game in months.

Watt x2, Cudjoe and Niskanen all should've scored, and it could've been a different conversation.

Walton, McMann, Sibbald and Doc all very good last night imo.

26/7/2023 10:08 am  #23

Thought we were comfortable, Walton only had a couple of saves that we'd expect him to make (how good is it to have a keeper who actually looks like he knows what he is doing again btw?).  We could, and should, have scored 2 or 3 more in that 2nd half.

Still not exactly Brazil 1970 but the team has looked more organised and solid in the last two games IMO albeit against lower league opposition. 

Board footera