Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/7/2023 2:08 am  #1

Utd v Partick - Tue 18/7/23

We better see a huge reaction tonight.

If the players aren't wanting to kick the dressing room door off the hinges to get out there and win (metaphorically or even literally), then we really should start worrying.

What Utd XI would you fellas like to see? Mine would be -

.........................Walton.............
..Grimshaw..Denham..Graham..Holt...
..Niskanen..Sibbald..Docherty..Chalmers
..................Middleton..Watt............

Subs - Newman, Cudjoe, Freeman, McMann, Mochrie
MacLeod, Thomson, Glass, Fotheringham

18/7/2023 2:15 am  #2

Re: Utd v Partick - Tue 18/7/23

Tek wrote:

We better see a huge reaction tonight.

If the players aren't wanting to kick the dressing room door off the hinges to get out there and win (metaphorically or even literally), then we really should start worrying.

What Utd XI would you fellas like to see? Mine would be -

.........................Walton.............
..Grimshaw..Denham..Graham..Holt...
..Niskanen..Sibbald..Docherty..Chalmers
..................Middleton..Watt............

Subs - Newman, Cudjoe, Freeman, McMann, Mochrie
MacLeod, Thomson, Glass, Fotheringham

Get Bo registered quick.

18/7/2023 5:46 pm  #3

Will Moult be available for tonight and if so how fit will he be?

18/7/2023 5:54 pm  #4

On the fishul he is available for tonight’s game

18/7/2023 7:02 pm  #5

He's on the bench.

18/7/2023 8:30 pm  #6

Brian Graham is a rat

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

18/7/2023 8:34 pm  #7

Some embarrassing performances out there tonight, not good enough

18/7/2023 8:35 pm  #8

Did ok for a 10 minute spell in which we scored.  But overall pretty poor stuff.  Freeman really isn’t good enough.  Keeper looks competent enough at least.

18/7/2023 9:30 pm  #9

Absolutely dreadful. Rewarding failure with Jim Good ane was only ever going to go one way.

Should've had his P45 on Saturday to be honest.

18/7/2023 9:41 pm  #10

Kieran Freeman, cannot play for us again, it is quite unbelievable out of depth he is

Denham powderpuff, horrendous home debut

Could go through the whole team

Goalie, mcmann and fotheringham the only bright sparks tonight, a complete and utter embarrassment this club has turned in to, I am worried about even staying up in the championship with this squad

18/7/2023 9:45 pm  #11

7 competitive defeats on the bounce for Goodwin...pressure on him already, that team is fucking dreadful.

18/7/2023 9:47 pm  #12

Tony Asghar's legacy. A club left in his hands by an absent owner, in free fall and unable to stop the rot. We need change at the top before we see progress on the pitch. Fact.

18/7/2023 10:09 pm  #13

Top four form.
Can Freeman, Niskannen in.

18/7/2023 10:10 pm  #14

If Freeman could stop a cross that would be nice.
Smoker when he does lads!

KTF

18/7/2023 10:20 pm  #15

Positives: goalie is a clear improvement on last season, Fotheringham showed that he has talent, Moult got 45 minutes

Negatives:  so many but main ones are:  Freeman is just horrendous and seems to somehow be getting worse, Denham totally bullied by a journeyman donkey, our players are so weak - Glass, Meekison just knocked off the ball so easily, we still look like conceding on every set piece, Watt did nothing again, Cudjoe has no idea when he should release the ball, I could go on and on…

18/7/2023 10:57 pm  #16

Keeper, Holt, Docherty, Sibbald played well
Mcmann, Watt, Fotheringham  Moult, Graham ok.
Denham , Mochrie, Meekinson  Middleton poor
Glass, Cudjoe garbage.
Freeman as I said on here many times before one of our worst players ever.

Last edited by Stillliving (18/7/2023 10:58 pm)

18/7/2023 11:05 pm  #17

Was in twa minds as to whither i wid bother sayin anythin aboot the gehm. But here we go.

1st half we were Ok, a good spell during which we scored oor goal.

2nd half was mediocre. I was like watchin an amateur team at times, no that Plastic were much better.

We did on a number oe occasions play some no bad stuff, good build-ups, clever bits oe play, but alll in all they came to nothing. As its been fir the majority oe last Season.

Dinna like makin negative comments aboot anychunt, but we widda been just as well withoot Holt playing the night. The number oe back passes and  sidee-wiys passes he made was shocking, but he wisna the only ane.
The only good thing was that when he had the ba, Thistle didna. Freeman looked lost the night

Dinna see us progressing in the LC if Ehm honest. Think its probly a daed duck now. And its Peterdaed duck on Setirday.

The effin Ref was poor the night. Missed countless fouls.  At times looked like Thistle had him in thir pocket.

MOTM for me Fothery.

19/7/2023 2:30 am  #18

Tangy wrote:

Brian Graham is a rat

Schooled us tonight and bullied Denham.

Very sobering evening.

P.s. would walk into our current side.

19/7/2023 2:36 am  #19

Arab87 wrote:

Tony Asghar's legacy.

No-one more critical of Asghar than me, but he's gone.

In the hear and now, Jim Goodwin is making an absolute cunt of this rebuild.

Six signings made and bar the Goalie they all seem not only poor quality but also unnecessary.

For instance i'd rather see Sibbald and Mochrie than Docherty and Grimshaw in CM.

And he hasn't played Grimshaw at RB. So, wtf's the point?

Graham looked infinitely better than Denham and Holt looks mediocre too. I'd wager Mulgrew still better tbh.

Striker he signs hasn't played more than 20 games a season in five years.

19/7/2023 2:44 am  #20

Awful performance again, bar the first 10-15 minutes.

We scored a decent goal but it came about via a terrible Thistle mistake. That aside i felt we could again play all night and not score. How many saves did Partick Keeper make? I can't recall one.

Other side of the coin. Who was Utd's MOTM? For me it was our Goalie, Jack Walton.

Actually thought he kept us from getting a 4 or 5-1 dooing.

This a Partick team who have lost their 4 or 5 best players supposedly (never got out the Division even with them).

Only other player to get pass marks other than Walton for me was Sibbald. Bizarre decision to take him off.

Every other player not good enough.

Tony Watt just pitiful as our main Striker.

The back four that started the game. Scarily bad against a one Striker up front, 35 year old Brian Graham.

Things have never felt so bad tbh.

19/7/2023 3:11 am  #21

Tek wrote:

Awful performance again, bar the first 10-15 minutes.

We scored a decent goal but it came about via a terrible Thistle mistake. That aside i felt we could again play all night and not score. How many saves did Partick Keeper make? I can't recall one.

Other side of the coin. Who was Utd's MOTM? For me it was our Goalie, Jack Walton.

Actually thought he kept us from getting a 4 or 5-1 dooing.

This a Partick team who have lost their 4 or 5 best players supposedly (never got out the Division even with them).

Only other player to get pass marks other than Walton for me was Sibbald. Bizarre decision to take him off.

Every other player not good enough.

Tony Watt just pitiful as our main Striker.

The back four that started the game. Scarily bad against a one Striker up front, 35 year old Brian Graham.

Things have never felt so bad tbh.

And Jim looks a beaten man, not a fucking scooby.

19/7/2023 4:29 am  #22

Arabdownsouth wrote:

And Jim looks a beaten man, not a fucking scooby.

He's so out his depth it's not real.

He's fucked up every aspect of being Utd Manager.

Stuck with him now, as Ogren won't sack him till his role becomes untenable, which will be probably months away.

19/7/2023 5:21 am  #23

That game finished today and I just switched the TV off and walked away to do something else.

Two games in and already I don't care.

The keeper looks to be an upgrade. The other new lads were pretty anonymous and don't seem to bring quality, presence, or hard-nosed blood and snotters ball-winning.

Playing a high press with Watt in the middle up top is pointless. Get him out the team, onto a diet, and run his balls off for a month. Lose 20 lbs of fat and put on 10 lbs of muscle. Freeman is absolutely devoid of any confidence. Get him out of the team for his own good, and send him out on loan to reset. Cudjoe starts running with no thought as to what he'll do with the ball at the end of his run. Get him out on loan so he can get the shite kicked out of him for holding the ball too long for some other team. Learn the hard way. Taking guys on is great, but no point beating 1 or 2 if you just run into the 3rd guy every single time. McMann and Fotheringham on one side, Grimshaw and Meekison on the other, with Sibbald and Mochrie or Glass in the middle. You want to play a high press, get Niskanen up top alongside Moult, with Middleton as back up. Ross Graham looks as good an option as any at left CH but after all these signings I still don't see a right-sided CH that can be trusted to start. Can Docherty play there? I'd even play Docherty in the middle next to Mochrie or Glass and put Sibbald up top alongside Niskanen. You want turnovers and chances? That will get you turnovers and chances.

Like Tek says, not seeing the point of quite a few of these signings so far, as current evidence suggests the lads we already had are no worse, and probably better.

What a feckin shambles.

19/7/2023 8:52 am  #24

One of the many problems Goodwin has inherited is the lack of quality from the younger players.
They are all too bloody nice without any aggression about them.
Glass, Cudjoe, Mochrie, Meekinson,Fotheringham et al are too easily brushed of the ball. Unlike the opposition last night and others this season you won't see our youngsters leaving a foot in, throwing a reckless elbow, pressurising the officials a will to win - its just not there.
If JG persists with the lightweight youngesrs they will get him the sack.

19/7/2023 9:10 am  #25

Stillliving wrote:

One of the many problems Goodwin has inherited is the lack of quality from the younger players.
They are all too bloody nice without any aggression about them.
Glass, Cudjoe, Mochrie, Meekinson,Fotheringham et al are too easily brushed of the ball. Unlike the opposition last night and others this season you won't see our youngsters leaving a foot in, throwing a reckless elbow, pressurising the officials a will to win - its just not there.
If JG persists with the lightweight youngesrs they will get him the sack.

at least they can play football, they older players are shite

Board footera