Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/7/2023 11:56 am  #26

Re: Spartans v United

Rumours that Watt might be in the squad tomorrow

14/7/2023 1:25 pm  #27

Spartans saying over 1000 United fans heading through tomorrow, great support.

15/7/2023 5:37 pm  #28

Long season ahead. That was shockingly poor today.

No penetration whatsoever. Watt needs punted pronto. He’s taking the piss.

We need at least two new forwards. Grimshaw was poor. Docherty sprayed it around with no end product. Holt looked average. The boy Denham looks raw and flogged the goal.  Not confident that they could handle a better team. Couldn’t judge the keeper.

We looked  a poor side to be honest.  Ogren and the Fat Cuntroller have killed us as a club. We are shit.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (15/7/2023 5:42 pm)

15/7/2023 6:22 pm  #29

That today was not in my opinion a shock.

Those of us that were shocked clearly haven't been paying attention for the past two seasons.

There was plenty of effort, I don't think we can accuse this squad of not trying, but the truth is they are just bang average football players.

The 11 that started and the subs are 6 ot 7 out of ten most weeks, there's nothing in terms of quality, absolutely nothing.

Thought the new keeper looked OK from what I seen and Denham looked decent.

Both full backs (lumpin fuck) are awful and offer nada going forward.

Finally I hope i am wrong about the kids in our squad but I don't see it and never have with any of them.

Long season ahead unless we don't add 4 or 5.

15/7/2023 7:05 pm  #30

Well that simply put was fucking chronic

KTF

15/7/2023 7:21 pm  #31

Apart from maybe the goalie, new boys look bang average

15/7/2023 8:01 pm  #32

A wake up call today. I've been amazed at the amount of people that think we have a good squad and that the young boys were all of a sudden going to step up now we've stepped down a division. Boys like Glass and Chalmers just simply aren't good enough. And the likes of McLeod isnt ready for regular first team football.

Today highlighted the fact we need players in for the start of the league because that squad as it is won't be winning the league.
Thankfully there's still time.

15/7/2023 8:22 pm  #33

Rick Dagless wrote:

A wake up call today. I've been amazed at the amount of people that think we have a good squad and that the young boys were all of a sudden going to step up now we've stepped down a division. Boys like Glass and Chalmers just simply aren't good enough. And the likes of McLeod isnt ready for regular first team football.

Today highlighted the fact we need players in for the start of the league because that squad as it is won't be winning the league.

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/jim-goodwin-shuts-down-anthony-8603764#amp-readmore-target

Jim thinks we're almost there 🤔😳😮😫

15/7/2023 8:44 pm  #34

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/jim-goodwin-shuts-down-anthony-8603764#amp-readmore-target

"In midfield we're very strong with some great options"

Fucking hell...

15/7/2023 8:50 pm  #35

Rick Dagless wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

"In midfield we're very strong with some great options"

Fucking hell...

Don't get me started on the fucking wide men 😳👀🤔

15/7/2023 10:09 pm  #36

If we don’t sign a target man to replace Fletcher we’re fucked already.

16/7/2023 12:00 am  #37

Dinna ken what to say about this. Honestly lost for words. The only comment I can make aboot the players, is that they thought they were playing Sparta Prague.

16/7/2023 3:04 am  #38

Held off posting earlier as i was too raw, angry and emotional.

My honest reflections now 10 hours after the game.

First thing, as said above, today was not a shock. 

Now who is that on? Jim Goodwin, primarily.

He has been the Dundee United Manager since early February.

Cannot blame players leaving or the difficulty of 'recruitment'. Dundee United should always have the XI to take care of Spartans home or away. Though as i said above, today is no shock.

The recruitment so far is at best underwhelming and at worst destructive. I actually feel we are by and large much weaker.

Walton for Birighitti - Fine. Can't be any worse (Please, God).

Grimshaw and Docherty DCM,. Is that seriously any better than Sibbald and say Mochrie would do? Two bullshit signings. Undermined even more by that fact he plays Grimshaw in midfield rather than his usual RB role and instead plays Freeman, who just seems to get worse and worse under Goodwin. See also McMann.

Ollie Denham shakey, shakey debut. Particularly first 20 minutes. He  looked raw as fuck.

Ross Docherty. Massively underwhelming. Only passed the ball sideways and 'safe'. Didn't strike me as combative or a 'leader'.

To the rest.

Tony Watt - Obviously not match fit but fucking hell he was garbage. His one on one was actually laughably bad. Like a guy off the street playing for Utd and being put in the same scenario. The penalty, just obvious with his run up and not hit with power. Absolute bullshit.

Glenn Middleton - Anonymous. Fucking anonymous. When's the last time he took a game for Utd. Has he ever?

Mathew Cudjoe - Our best player (a very low bar), at least tries to take players on. A shame his end product always fails. But i actually like him. Play him in every league cup game, time he had a run of games.

Archie Meekison - Rubbish. Goodwin says he was 'excellent'. OMFG

Scott McMann - Anonymous offensively and caught out once or twice positionally early on.

Kieran Freeman - See Scott McMann

Subs -

All of them - Not good enough

Jim Goodwin - Talks a good game. Underwhelming, crap journeyman signings so far mixed with young English Championship gambles. Can't seemingly motivate players when it matters. SIX losses on the bounce and today was a carbon copy of the Darvel v Aberdeen match. Major, major misgivings about this guy.

There are simply NO goals in this team. We need not one but TWO Strikers. A physical target man and an out and out penalty box Striker.

We also need a creator from Midfield. We need these 3 players MINIMUM to be considered Championship contenders.

I'd say we honestly need 5 more quality first team players and at least 2 of the signings made already should be considered 'back-up'.

Lastly, on the flashpoint at the end of the game. I think this was a delayed reaction of anger/pain from Utd fans towards everything we have endured over the past year.

Club legend or not, Dave Bowman should have kept his mouth shut, head forward and walked down the tunnel. We'd just lost to a team playing their first ever game as an SPFL side ffs. Swallow your pride, or better yet show that anger in the dressing room.

We are an absolute mess, lads.

We better see a big fucking reaction on Tuesday night.

16/7/2023 3:33 am  #39

Another thing.

I'm not on Instagram but i have seen screenshots tonight of Mark Birighitti 'liking' the full time result Utd posted. He done this before when Utd lost 0-9 to Celtic.

And Charlie Mulgrew (during the 2nd half) posting a golf picture of him and Steven Fletcher with big cheshire like grins. Their game of golf was 3/4 days prior. That cunt knows exactly what he's doing.

See if they won't agree to whatever pay-off we are offering, just put them on Gardening leave.

Do not afford either of them training facilities, starting Monday.

16/7/2023 4:45 am  #40

Had to pick the wife up from the airport so didn't get to bed until 3am. Up again at 7.45am for live video. Because i checked DUTV on Friday night and I didn't see anywhere that it was just audio. So put the kettle on, hooked the computer up to the TV and found out it was audio only. F*ck that, and back to bed. Got up at 11 and checked the score. Hardly even raised an eyebrow, tbh. We've the makings of a solid Angus League team. Once we sort our shape out.

Hard to remember ever giving less of a f*ck about a new season. Honestly could have done with another 2 or 3 months to let the memory of the last season fade a bit more before having to endure it again.

Won't comment on the game as I didn't see it or listen to it. Thank f*ck.

Roll on next May and another break.

16/7/2023 6:10 am  #41

Tek wrote:

Another thing.

I'm not on Instagram but i have seen screenshots tonight of Mark Birighitti 'liking' the full time result Utd posted. He done this before when Utd lost 0-9 to Celtic.

And Charlie Mulgrew (during the 2nd half) posting a golf picture of him and Steven Fletcher with big cheshire like grins. Their game of golf was 3/4 days prior. That cunt knows exactly what he's doing.

See if they won't agree to whatever pay-off we are offering, just put them on Gardening leave.

See that fucking Birighitti, I wanted him fucking sacked after the Celtic tweets. He's an out and out prick. Mulgrew is a prick too, agree with the last statement and would go further and suspend the pair of them

16/7/2023 8:10 am  #42

Bowman can fuck off with that "hud me back" pish in that video btw. Has bounced around the club for years in numerous coaching positions and his association with coaching the first team usually coincides with the team being mediocre at best, shite at worst.

Must make a great cup of coffee at coaches meetings.

16/7/2023 8:40 am  #43

Horrific day for our club.

About Davie Bowman, the guy showed enormous pride and fight as a united player. I am not condoning his actions, however he was probably hurting more than anyone else in that dressing room.

16/7/2023 11:08 am  #44

Starting with 2/3 defensive midfielders against Spartans was a mistake, Should have been Mochrie instaed of Grimshaw IMO. We looked better going forward when that happened. 

Grimshaw just looks like a big bulky defender in midfield

16/7/2023 12:07 pm  #45

If nothing else, yesterday highlighted how poorly our fullbacks are.

McMann in particular, he's like a drunk dog chasing a balloon.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

16/7/2023 12:56 pm  #46

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Another thing.

See that fucking Birighitti, I wanted him fucking sacked after the Celtic tweets. He's an out and out prick. Mulgrew is a prick too, agree with the last statement and would go further and suspend the pair of them

If I’m Goodwin or Docherty, on Monday I’m chucking them out of training with anyone close to the first team. Doors booted aff the hinges and launching there shite at them. They train nights, with whatever age groups that is. They fail to turn up they are progressively fined.

Fucking arseholes.

If they’re named in the squad at all on Tuesday I’m going purely to give them abuse and fucking off back home before ko.

KTF

16/7/2023 1:39 pm  #47

The Biro "Screenshot" was posted on EF by a gloating BNB.He did another one called "Jim'll fix it" with Goodwin's heid 'shopped on to Saville's body.

16/7/2023 2:05 pm  #48

Had heard that Mulgrew’s golf photo was taken midweek, probably posted it to be an utter utter cunt.

Get the cunt to fuck.

16/7/2023 2:07 pm  #49

David_Blunkett wrote:

We signed him for a good 5 figure fee, another waste of cash.

16/7/2023 4:16 pm  #50

David_Blunkett wrote:

Absolutely.

Looked miles out of his depth against a newly promoted 3rd division side, offered nothing.

So frustrating the amount of times him and Freeman play the safe pass back to the CHs.

Duffy can't be any worse and must start in our next match for me.

Board footera