Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/7/2023 2:51 pm  #326

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

Rumour today.

Pinch of salt.

Anthony Stewart (loan)

13/7/2023 3:32 pm  #327

Hope not. He was awful at Aberdeen.

13/7/2023 3:33 pm  #328

I would rather we went for the free agent Taylor Moore tbh.

13/7/2023 5:42 pm  #329

Sorry for posting here but hopefully someone can shed light on this. I’ve been trying to get onto east football United page but get some message about a certificate issue. Anyone else having issues. If inappropriate moderators please delete.

14/7/2023 1:24 am  #330

kdyteejay wrote:

Sorry for posting here but hopefully someone can shed light on this. I’ve been trying to get onto east football United page but get some message about a certificate issue. Anyone else having issues. If inappropriate moderators please delete.

No Mods here, just me.

No problem with the post at all. Hopefully someone from there who reads here can help you out.

14/7/2023 6:41 am  #331

kdyteejay wrote:

I just searched it up and was able to get on no problem.

If it makes you feel any better, all you're missing is about 3 pages of arguing over whether Goodwin should have watched and approved the Ollie Denham interview video before it was released, as he mentioned playing for "Dundee" at some point.

Aye, lads. That's what Goodwin's focus should be.

14/7/2023 8:25 am  #332

Canadian Arab wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, all you're missing is about 3 pages of arguing over whether Goodwin should have watched and approved the Ollie Denham interview video before it was released, as he mentioned playing for "Dundee" at some point.

They do have the incomparable Willie26 though 🤣

14/7/2023 8:42 am  #333

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

He's amongst you here too...... Hi Willie 

14/7/2023 9:13 am  #334

chalmers1967 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

He's amongst you here too...... Hi Willie 

Nah he just lurks here then reports back to his peers on EF

14/7/2023 10:54 am  #335

You know that boy in the group chat that's always whinging, never sees the positive, wets the bed at everything, is permanently angry?

Well, all the group chats sent that guy to EF, that's how it reads these days.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

14/7/2023 12:49 pm  #336

Paul Mathers appointed goalie coach, seems a good addition

14/7/2023 12:52 pm  #337

Akinyemi from Ayr about to sign for York City

14/7/2023 12:53 pm  #338

Rumours gathering pace of Alex Jakubiak to us (saw the usual Twitter account post it in jest, but apparently is looking likely)

14/7/2023 1:21 pm  #339

Arabassy wrote:

Rumours gathering pace of Alex Jakubiak to us (saw the usual Twitter account post it in jest, but apparently is looking likely)

Hope not. He's stinking.

14/7/2023 7:23 pm  #340

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

14/7/2023 7:35 pm  #341

David_Blunkett wrote:

You know that boy in the group chat that's always whinging, never sees the positive, wets the bed at everything, is permanently angry?

Well, all the group chats sent that guy to EF, that's how it reads these days.

Hahaha, very accurate IMO.

14/7/2023 8:06 pm  #342

Ross docherty captain and Tony watt vice captain

14/7/2023 9:14 pm  #343

No numbers for Birghitti and Mulgrew which is pleasing.

9 and 10 hopefully allocated to new players soon.

14/7/2023 10:18 pm  #344

Tony Watt as vice-captain reminds me of the Peaky Blinders episode where Michael Gray, after having shit the bed and been punted from the inner circle, was given a second chance by Tommy Shelby, who offered him a senior position with a lot of responsibility.

Let's just say it didn't end well.

15/7/2023 5:51 pm  #345

Canadian Arab wrote:

Tony Watt as vice-captain reminds me of the Peaky Blinders episode where Michael Gray, after having shit the bed and been punted from the inner circle, was given a second chance by Tommy Shelby, who offered him a senior position with a lot of responsibility.

Let's just say it didn't end well.

Goodwin thinking that fraud could be a leader of men just shows that he doesn’t have a clue.

15/7/2023 8:53 pm  #346

They players should be fucking embarrassed of themselves. I'm sorry but the club is fucking rotten from the inside out. Accepting mediocrity and a "that will do approach". The loser mentality at the club is infectious. The club lacks direction, lacks leadership. Absolute mess.

16/7/2023 3:04 am  #347

What I would do for nicky Clark back

16/7/2023 7:51 am  #348

Are we in a Mad Max era?
I say Mad Max as its about facing collapse due to critical resources shortages.
What we are being told by Goodwin in post match interviews doesn't fit with what we've just seen.
Jim's interview recently where he said all we need is 1 striker and then that will be our squad for the season. He also said the players are doing everything he wants and their attitude is great.
I see nothing but red flags.
Our waffling manager says he's taking this competition seriously and banged on about his previous 100% record of getting out of the group stages. Then makes excuses of squad only been back 4 weeks and we were up against a team full of confidence.
We lost 5 post split games and he got made manager and now we lose again.
The quality in this squad is extremely concerning and their attitude stinks. Goodwin not being able to put a team out that can beat a weakened part time 4th tier team that's just been newly promoted is a disgrace. This match coming early in our season is not an acceptable excuse either, it was the same for Spartans.

Ogren portrayed himself as a saviour when we got promoted, our Ted Lasso owner has overseen the recruitment of this shambles deemed good enough to bounce back into premier league and competing for cups and a place in Europe . If he had acted in January we would have still been there, that is on Ogren. If he doesn't act now we'll still be in this league at best next July.
We need shot of this owner, before he makes it even worse and plunges us into financial chaos.
Without a complete reset with further key additions, that's likely to happen under this regime.
We only want someone competent to run the club.
I'll quote a line from the Mad Max song
We don't need another hero we just need to find our way home.

16/7/2023 12:16 pm  #349

If there's not significant improvement (goals, clean sheets) in the Partick, Peterhead and Falkirk games, could honestly make a case for needing a signing in just about every position except keeper, or we're not winning this league.

Just hope the boys start taking a game in the rest of the Viaplay cup games.

17/7/2023 11:38 am  #350

We do really need to see some movement on the CF front.  If that is the final piece of the jigsaw in the Goodwin masterplan then we need him in now so we can judge if Goodwin has any clue or not.  Personally, I am not sure if a peak Duncan Ferguson would make any noticeable difference to this lot.

Board footera