Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/6/2023 7:17 pm  #151

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

Fletcher gone. Official.

Well it was official. Was on website but appears to have disappeared. Record reporting it also.

Last edited by KdyArab (27/6/2023 7:19 pm)

27/6/2023 7:39 pm  #152

Robbie Muirhead.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

27/6/2023 8:54 pm  #153

JerryDungle wrote:

Trevor Carson has seemingly fallen out with Robinson at the Buddies.

Did they let Carson look after the kitty on the staff night out?

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

28/6/2023 2:50 am  #154

SuperMario wrote:

Mulgrew and Birrighitti training today

This scunners me more than anything. If we can’t offload Birighitti then give him the highest possible squad number and punt him as far away from the first team as possible. Mulgrew flouncing about and his bad karma spreading to the rest of the squad gives me the boak—no doubt with his sidekick Watt trailing after him. Hopefully punted sooner than later. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

28/6/2023 6:49 am  #155

I'd imagine they are both still under contract until something is sorted out one way or the other(one way ticket to fuckrightoffsville hopefully) so will be obligated to train as normal for now.

28/6/2023 8:07 am  #156

Did we hae to pay him to go? What aboot his contract? Do we get compo if he signs for another  team?

28/6/2023 10:20 am  #157

Folk will scoff at signing an ex-player. But Safranko would be an excellent replacement for Fletcher. Good strikers are like hen’s teeth especially at this level, and I’m pretty certain Pav would love to come back here. Not sure we’ll manage to find anyone better.

28/6/2023 10:58 am  #158

see Billy McKay is available...

28/6/2023 11:11 am  #159

JerryDungle wrote:

Folk will scoff at signing an ex-player. But Safranko would be an excellent replacement for Fletcher. Good strikers are like hen’s teeth especially at this level, and I’m pretty certain Pav would love to come back here. Not sure we’ll manage to find anyone better.

Has one year left on his deal at Sepsi. Signing ex players rarely works for us tbh.

Would rather pay the £150k for Akinyemi.

28/6/2023 11:15 am  #160

Arab87 wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Has one year left on his deal at Sepsi. Signing ex players rarely works for us tbh.

Would Ogren thought?

There’s no loads of good options out there for us, but I do get the nagging fear that Akinyemi might be a one season wonder, his goals dried up a bit in the second half of last season, and he does look a bit clumsy in some of his videos.

Last edited by JerryDungle (28/6/2023 11:16 am)

28/6/2023 12:23 pm  #161

JerryDungle wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Would Ogren thought?

There’s no loads of good options out there for us, but I do get the nagging fear that Akinyemi might be a one season wonder, his goals dried up a bit in the second half of last season, and he does look a bit clumsy in some of his videos.

We could sign Sam Smith, out of contract, been fantastic for Cambridge United the past 2 seasons (watch his goal vs FGR btw). Definitely a player that would thrive up here.

28/6/2023 3:30 pm  #162

Daily record saying United, Dundee and Perth saints want Trevor Carson along with Blackpool.

6 figures though, no sure on that.

29/6/2023 4:46 pm  #163

We need a fit and ready keeper that knows the Scottish game.

It's the one addition to the squad I dont think we can mess about with, no more experiments please.

Just looking for a 7/10 player, my health can't take anymore Aussie madness.

29/6/2023 10:38 pm  #164

Record saying Hibs, Wigan and a team from Portugal want Levitt.

Hopefully we get as close to our 500K valuation as possible with a nice sell on fee. Peanuts but it’s the position we’re sadly in.

29/6/2023 10:48 pm  #165

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Hopefully we get as close to our 500K valuation as possible with a nice sell on fee. Peanuts but it’s the position we’re sadly in.

We bought him for what? 300k last Summer. 

No chance in Hell we get 500k with him only with a year left.

Man Utd also due 30%

We will sell him for 250k and 75k will be going to Old Trafford, leaving us 175k.

Fucking grim.

30/6/2023 2:04 am  #166

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Man Utd also due 30%

We will sell him for 250k and 75k will be going to Old Trafford, leaving us 175k.

Fucking grim.

He'd probably get broken in two playing in the championship mate, better we take the money and save the wage in my opinion than have him miss most of the season anyway and we get fuck all.

30/6/2023 5:26 am  #167

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Man Utd also due 30%

Fucking grim.

That's relegation for you.

30/6/2023 7:44 am  #168

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Man Utd also due 30%

Fucking grim.

#asgharmasterclass

30/6/2023 9:00 am  #169

Alan temple saying on his podcast, our top goalkeeper target is foreign, narrows it down!

30/6/2023 9:04 am  #170

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Man Utd also due 30%

Fucking grim.

He'd probably get broken in two playing in the championship mate, better we take the money and save the wage in my opinion than have him miss most of the season anyway and we get fuck all.

I think the opposite.

Think he'd absolutely rip up the Championship.

The last player of genuine quality leaving Tannadice for such a paltry amount sticks in my craw.

30/6/2023 9:35 am  #171

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Man Utd also due 30%

Fucking grim.

I think the opposite.

The last player of genuine quality leaving Tannadice for such a paltry amount sticks in my craw.

Agreed, I reckon he’d be worth more to us staying than getting that sort of money, but sounds like he’s instructed his agent to get him a move.

I thought at the time that it was bizarre that we were paying a fee for him yet only giving him a 2-year deal. We should’ve insisted on at least 3 years, if not 4.

30/6/2023 1:01 pm  #172

SuperMario wrote:

Alan temple saying on his podcast, our top goalkeeper target is foreign, narrows it down!

Crocombe?

30/6/2023 2:17 pm  #173

SuperMario wrote:

Duran 🤞😂

30/6/2023 2:23 pm  #174

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I think the opposite.

Agreed, I reckon he’d be worth more to us staying than getting that sort of money, but sounds like he’s instructed his agent to get him a move.

I thought at the time that it was bizarre that we were paying a fee for him yet only giving him a 2-year deal. We should’ve insisted on at least 3 years, if not 4.

Our days of getting players to sign 4 year deals are long over, unless their name is Pawlett

30/6/2023 2:58 pm  #175

MockChop wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Crocombe?

As long as he can stop shots now and then it will do my health wonders, not sure i can take the Heart palpitations when someone has a shot followed by an increase in blood pressure when he makes the inevitable error!

Board footera