Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/4/2023 10:01 pm  #1

Steven Fletcher

Critical to any survival chances that we might have is to keep this guy fit and healthy.

Played like a captain should today and led by example. You don't always need to be a shorter and organiser to be a captain just someone who sets the standard and makes his teammates follow.

One of the biggest jobs the Goodwin has is managing this guy Monday to Friday.

8 goals for the season hopefully he can get it up to 15.

09/4/2023 10:04 pm  #2

Re: Steven Fletcher

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Critical to any survival chances that we might have is to keep this guy fit and healthy.

Played like a captain should today and led by example. You don't always need to be a shorter and organiser to be a captain just someone who sets the standard and makes his teammates follow.

One of the biggest jobs the Goodwin has is managing this guy Monday to Friday.

8 goals for the season hopefully he can get it up to 15.

I highly doubt he'll be scoring a goal a game for the rest of the season if he's taken till now to score 8. Not saying he's not an important player but he's not prolific at all and misses more often than not.

09/4/2023 10:08 pm  #3

I doubt it also that's why I said hopefully,  he is key to keeping us up.

The good thing is he is at least missing chances so hopefully they finally start to go in.

Under Goodwin.

Vs Aberdeen he missed a few
Vs Hibs should have scored a brace
Vs St Mirren missed a great chance header but scored a cracker.

09/4/2023 10:11 pm  #4

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I doubt it also that's why I said hopefully,  he is key to keeping us up.

The good thing is he is at least missing chances so hopefully they finally start to go in.

Under Goodwin.

Vs Aberdeen he missed a few
Vs Hibs should have scored a brace
Vs St Mirren missed a great chance header but scored a cracker.

As always, I'll be delighted to be wrong.

10/4/2023 2:18 am  #5

He's our top scorer and top assists as well, very good player.

10/4/2023 9:39 am  #6

Shedtastic wrote:

He's our top scorer and top assists as well, very good player.

Yep, needs more goals though still.

10/4/2023 11:08 pm  #7

Fletcher: "We showed that character against Hibs. That’s down to the gaffer. He has come in and filled the boys with confidence. Our fitness levels and standards; everything is higher. The gaffer came in and said, “listen, you aren’t fit enough”. We knew that. He’s come in given us a mini pre-season, which was good. And the boys bought into it straight away, which is half the battle with a new manager.” (The Courier)

Saying what we all could see under Foxy.

10/4/2023 11:12 pm  #8

Absolutely damming for Fox .
He will never be a manager again. A truly inspired choice by fat Tony.

11/4/2023 1:33 am  #9

Fox:

Pair sowl
Didnae even really finish his unsuccessful apprenticeship at Cowdenbeath.
Promoted too high too quick within the ranks here.
(Thanks Tony)
If you watched early interviews he was a rabbit in headlights.
Should never have accepted the gig.

Good luck in future Liam, but complete your apprenticeship in Div 2 mate.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (11/4/2023 1:34 am)

11/4/2023 1:37 am  #10

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Fletcher: "We showed that character against Hibs. That’s down to the gaffer. He has come in and filled the boys with confidence. Our fitness levels and standards; everything is higher. The gaffer came in and said, “listen, you aren’t fit enough”. We knew that. He’s come in given us a mini pre-season, which was good. And the boys bought into it straight away, which is half the battle with a new manager.” (The Courier)

Agreed but do we not have a whole host of “performance level monitoring coach”, “sports fitness assessment coach.” Or some other made up bollocks titles already there? What have they been doing if our fitness levels were low?

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

11/4/2023 3:43 am  #11

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I and many others have said on here all season we weren't fit enough. It's actually good to hear a first team player admit this.

How many times this season were we decent first half, and then we collapsed 2nd half? I'd genuinely like to know the stats. 

11/4/2023 6:22 am  #12

japanarab wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Agreed but do we not have a whole host of “performance level monitoring coach”, “sports fitness assessment coach.” Or some other made up bollocks titles already there? What have they been doing if our fitness levels were low?

Good point JA.

It looks like Goodwin has came in and charged up the ipads as it looks like the team of analysts were looking at blank screens.

You can't fool the human eye, it's been clear all season they ain't fit enough.

The county match away was the worst I've witnessed in all my time watching United, it was an utter disgrace that day. Nobody tried a leg all day and they wee sports bras that we wear would have been best left in the changing room that day, they ain't going put tackles in or run harder.

11/4/2023 10:42 am  #13

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I and many others have said on here all season we weren't fit enough. It's actually good to hear a first team player admit this.

How many times this season were we decent first half, and then we collapsed 2nd half? I'd genuinely like to know the stats. 

One of the stats they showed on sky during the Hibs Game echoed this, we have conceded the most goals in the league in the last 15 minutes.  Whats worrying is is the analysts never noticed this or even worse thy did and were ignored.

Seems like such a basic area for a manager to get right.

11/4/2023 6:49 pm  #14

It baffles me why professional athletes wouldn't be fit. Also makes the fitness coach's role redundant if he/she are unable to get players fit enough.

11/4/2023 7:47 pm  #15

Arab87 wrote:

It baffles me why professional athletes wouldn't be fit. Also makes the fitness coach's role redundant if he/she are unable to get players fit enough.

The players are not to blame here, they follow the schedule for the week which should optimise there condition for matchday.

I've seen some suggesting that the players should be doing extra training themselves to top up which is bonkers. We should have as Premier league club have a first team coach that has the guys prepared for a matchday and it's blindingly obvious for the past two seasons we have been amateurish at best.

Late/poor recruitment and the easy options on first team coaches are the route causes.

11/4/2023 11:13 pm  #16

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

One of the stats they showed on sky during the Hibs Game echoed this, we have conceded the most goals in the league in the last 15 minutes.  Whats worrying is is the analysts never noticed this or even worse thy did and were ignored.

Seems like such a basic area for a manager to get right.

I saw that stat. Something like 15 goals conceded in the last 15mins, and of them 7 were in injury time.

12/4/2023 12:12 am  #17

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

The players are not to blame here, they follow the schedule for the week which should optimise there condition for matchday.

I've seen some suggesting that the players should be doing extra training themselves to top up which is bonkers. We should have as Premier league club have a first team coach that has the guys prepared for a matchday and it's blindingly obvious for the past two seasons we have been amatuerish at best.

Late/poor recruitment and the easy options on first team coaches are the route causes.

Exactly.
Once again we're back to shaking our heads as to why Mr. O didn't see the rudderless ship.
Let's hope it's no too late for the new man at the helm can keep us away from shitshow rocks

12/4/2023 12:40 pm  #18

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

I've seen some suggesting that the players should be doing extra training themselves to top up which is bonkers. We should have as Premier league club have a first team coach that has the guys prepared for a matchday and it's blindingly obvious for the past two seasons we have been amatuerish at best.

Exactly.
Once again we're back to shaking our heads as to why Mr. O didn't see the rudderless ship.
Let's hope it's no too late for the new man at the helm can keep us away from shitshow rocks

The answer to that is probably due to the people applying the filters to prevent him seeing the truth.

The way JG is talking he certainly seems keen on taking the job in the longer term, but that may only be if he can keep us in the division

Board footera