Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/3/2023 7:16 pm  #1

Rangers vs Utd - Saturday 1st April

After a fantastic international week for Scotland we're back to the depressing reality of our fight for survival in the Premiership. A rather daunting trip to Govan awaits us and we still have 2 or 3 key players out through injury.

What team and formation would you pick for Saturday's match?

Liam Smith, Dylan Levitt and Glenn Middleton all definitely missing through injury. No news yet on Charlie Mulgrew or Sadat Anaku.

30/3/2023 9:33 pm  #2

Re: Rangers vs Utd - Saturday 1st April

Birighitti

Ayina Edwards McMann

Niskanen Harkes Sibbald Behich

McGrath Fotheringham

Fletcher

Subs
Newman
Freeman
Graham
Pawlett
Djoum
Cudjoe
Anaku
McLeod
Thompson

30/3/2023 9:58 pm  #3

I'd bite your arm off for a drah this week, and convert to full-time Cannibalism for a win against these ba$tards, but in reality that probly isna gonna happen.

But if it does, Tek, I'll be requesting a name change to Billy 'Hannibal' Hainey.

BTW, what's the latest on Pawlett.

31/3/2023 11:32 am  #4

Arab87 wrote:

Birighitti

Ayina Edwards McMann

Niskanen Harkes Sibbald Behich

McGrath Fotheringham

Fletcher

Subs
Newman
Freeman
Graham
Pawlett
Djoum
Cudjoe
Anaku
McLeod
Thompson

Quite like the idea of having Ilmari and Loick playing down the right as I've been disappointed by the other options that have played there this season.

Last edited by BMT (31/3/2023 11:33 am)

31/3/2023 3:46 pm  #5

01/4/2023 3:11 am  #6

Billy_Hainey wrote:

I'd bite your arm off for a drah this week, and convert to full-time Cannibalism for a win against these ba$tards, but in reality that probly isna gonna happen.

But if it does, Tek, I'll be requesting a name change to Billy 'Hannibal' Hainey.

Save a leg for me mate! 😉

01/4/2023 9:25 pm  #7

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Save a leg for me mate! 😉

Oh well, at least me and Billy can enjoy a nice salad 😕

01/4/2023 10:25 pm  #8

That's exactly what SWMBO offered me for tea the night.

Her argument was that in a couple of days (2) they'd be none (0) left because it'd be out of date and in the bin. You couldna make it up.

01/4/2023 10:33 pm  #9

Billy_Hainey wrote:

That's exactly what SWMBO offered me for tea the night.

Her argument was that in a couple of days (2) they'd be none (0) left because it'd be out of date and in the bin. You couldna make it up.

😂😂

02/4/2023 1:11 am  #10

The quietest match thread ever.

My tuppence worth.

Ayina was excellent. Really good player who i actually think could play centre mid as well as Centre half. His passing and game awareness is superb. Would love to keep him next season.

Other than that my reflections are - 

Playing well enough first 20 minutes and in actual fact Peter Pawlett is the outstanding player on the pitch in that that time.

He once again breaks down injured, sad but inevitable. And right away you know Utd lose any attacking intent to support Fletcher.

It seemed grossly naive at best to think Peter Pawlett would be the answer in terms of offering us anything long term. 

Goodwin said there was a budget to sign a player or two. WTF hasn't he done this? This is a disastrous decision akin to anything Asghar has done. We had a chance with the gap between the Livi and St.Mirrn games and then the International week to get a player or two in and get them fit. We've done NOTHING.

We deserve to go down, and we will.

Not the fans, but the club. Every decision they've made this season, recruitment wise. An absolute joke and a disgrace.

02/4/2023 9:11 am  #11

When we signed Fletcher I said he wouldn't score enough goals, and he hasn't. Add to that we've let go every other striker at the club except the ones who've never scored a goal. And don't even get me started on that goalkeeper, it's absolutely fucking criminal that he wasn't replaced, criminal fucking negligence! We are going down with a whimper!

02/4/2023 2:36 pm  #12

Tek wrote:

The quietest match thread ever.

As much as I hate it, I don't think any United fan expected anything else through there yesterday. Apathy is setting in as well.

Birghitti again gifting goals. We've got no chance with him giving away a goal every other game

Pawlett a great player, when he's fit. How many games has he actually played for us since we gifted him that two year deal?

This game won't decide our fate but I just can't see this squad getting us out the mess we are in.

As you say Tek the buck falls at recruitment. The goalkeepers have been a disaster for us, eerily similar to 15/16.

The striker situation has been farcical. To think people were actually pleased to see us get rid of our top scorer for the last 2 seasons. The failure to address the glaring issues with the squad in January was unforgivable.

It seems like those in charge thought it inconceivable that we could get relegated, that it would all just work out fine in the end.
It's that naivety that's going to cost us this season.

03/4/2023 9:12 am  #13

All round depressing performance.   Started OK but as previously mentioned, after Pawlette went off we were toothless.

Can't see any way out of this now.  Killie will win enough games at home to get safe.  Best we can hope for now is the play-off.  Would anybody actually fancy out changes against Queens Park, the fun, Ayr or Thistle over two games?

03/4/2023 12:26 pm  #14

SlatefordArab wrote:

All round depressing performance.   Started OK but as previously mentioned, after Pawlette went off we were toothless.

Can't see any way out of this now.  Killie will win enough games at home to get safe.  Best we can hope for now is the play-off.  Would anybody actually fancy out changes against Queens Park, the fun, Ayr or Thistle over two games?

I honestly don't fancy our chances against anyone as long as we've got that absolute fake continuing in goal. Cannot ever remember feeling this let down by United in my 40 odd years as a United fan

05/4/2023 12:59 am  #15

Arabdownsouth wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

I honestly don't fancy our chances against anyone as long as we've got that absolute fake continuing in goal. Cannot ever remember feeling this let down by United in my 40 odd years as a United fan

Ahve been 60 odd years mate. - This year, add a hundred.

Board footera