Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/2/2023 11:46 am  #26

Re: Craig Levein

Tek wrote:

This move can only happen if Asghar is removed from the Sporting Director role.

And he can't be moved 'upstairs' either.

It's time for his exit. And that and that only should satisfy the support.

it can and it will

28/2/2023 2:26 pm  #27

Tek wrote:

I think we all expect Tony to leave soon. Possibly within 24 hours. I just hope giving the fans what they want pays dividends.

28/2/2023 2:53 pm  #28

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

I think we all expect Tony to leave soon. Possibly within 24 hours. I just hope giving the fans what they want pays dividends.

I've never been more delighted at reading one of your posts and hoping that despite all the shite you post that you are 'in the know'.  Reason and logic bring may back to thinking it is just more wishful thinking on my part but here's hoping!

28/2/2023 3:29 pm  #29

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Do we?
Based on what?
Because the newspapers have picked up on random rumours from fans forums 🤦‍♂️

28/2/2023 3:39 pm  #30

Danzaa wrote:

A huge U-turn from me in that Ogren is the main problem not Asghar. Asghar has wanted Levein for a while now, first discussed when Neilson left then again shortly before Courts got the job.
Ogren has a structure that he now accepts is broken.
This was brought home in the last few days, irony is that the 'Smile' play currently showing at the Rep has resulted in Ogren finally getting what this club is about. A message from our legend in heaven indeed.
Levein would want a lot of control of the football side and would work with Tony. He also rates Mulgrew to mentor the young ones and develop fully into a proper coach. However without going into why Mulgrew may not be at the club at the end of this season.
Levein would want Tony to take on Scott Ogren's role, a big stumbling block as this man has more say than any of us know. It could still happen with Tony gone but that would mean Levein getting full control, I doubt Ogren would agree but you never know.
The deal is a goer but needs assurances and a step back from the Ogren's.
Depending on that decision, we'll either be on the quick road to big failure and Ogren sells and bolts, or the slow but steady ship to recovery. This could mean a drop to championship but followed by solid foundations being laid once and for all, albeit a few years of pain but worth it in my opinion as we will be a proud successful club again.

Why would it benefit Levein for Asghar to become Vice Chairman?

28/2/2023 3:46 pm  #31

Danzaa wrote:

A huge U-turn from me in that Ogren is the main problem not Asghar. Asghar has wanted Levein for a while now, first discussed when Neilson left then again shortly before Courts got the job.
Ogren has a structure that he now accepts is broken.
This was brought home in the last few days, irony is that the 'Smile' play currently showing at the Rep has resulted in Ogren finally getting what this club is about. A message from our legend in heaven indeed.
Levein would want a lot of control of the football side and  would work with Tony. He also rates Mulgrew to mentor the young ones and develop fully into a proper coach. However without going into why Mulgrew may not be at the club at the end of this season.
Levein would want Tony to take on Scott Ogren's role, a big stumbling block as this man has more say than any of us know. It could still happen with Tony gone but that would mean Levein getting full control, I doubt Ogren would agree but you never know.
The deal is a goer but needs assurances and a step back from the Ogren's.
Depending on that decision, we'll either be on the quick road to big failure and Ogren sells and bolts, or the slow but steady ship to recovery. This could mean a drop to championship but followed by solid foundations being laid once and for all, albeit a few years of pain but worth it in my opinion as we will be a proud successful club again.

No disrespect intended, but is any of this based on facts. I've read nothing elsewhere that supports any of what you've said

28/2/2023 4:19 pm  #32

chalmers1967 wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Do we?
Based on what?

I'm not saying more just now, but I'm not making anything up.

28/2/2023 4:39 pm  #33

AlwaysUnited wrote:

chalmers1967 wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Do we?
Based on what?

I'm not saying more just now, but I'm not making anything up.

See that's a step forward. So without asking you to name sources, you've heard from a reliable source? 🤔

28/2/2023 5:24 pm  #34

Arabdownsouth wrote:

The first thing CL would do is send that Aussie keeper shopping with his missus on Saturday night with instructions to let her carry the fucking bags.

😂  😂 

28/2/2023 5:28 pm  #35

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Nobody can seriously believe this is true.

How many times are they going to pull this trick ? The no stone left unturned one.

It's going to be Adam Ashgar or Stevie Crawford.

There would be riots if it's Asghar Jr. No chance of that happening, none at all.

I still think they might re-appoint Courts in the short term. Assuming he'd even want it.

He’s out of work so why not. Would the fans be happy though?

28/2/2023 5:39 pm  #36

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Not sure what you mean by dividends? If it’s avoiding relegation I think it’s too late but I’d still be delighted to see the back of Asghar.

28/2/2023 9:33 pm  #37

My post earlier was what I heard, I did know Levein would not work under Scott Ogren, he wanted full control of football side and the Owner to take a step back. I can't say anymore about Mulgrew either but Craig will want him booted if what I have heard turns out to be true.
A lot went on today including a put up or shut up.
The Ogren's tried a bluff which seems to have backfired, maybe the full extent of their greed comes out, maybe not.
Regardless, the boil has been lanced, there should be a lot of 'smiles' ahead.

28/2/2023 10:05 pm  #38

Danzaa wrote:

My post earlier was what I heard, I did know Levein would not work under Scott Ogren, he wanted full control of football side and the Owner to take a step back. I can't say anymore about Mulgrew either but Craig will want him booted if what I have heard turns out to be true.
A lot went on today including a put up or shut up.
The Ogren's tried a bluff which seems to have backfired, maybe the full extent of their greed comes out, maybe not.
Regardless, the boil has been lanced, there should be a lot of 'smiles' ahead.

All very cryptic this Danzaa.

Can you not elaborate at all?

28/2/2023 10:10 pm  #39

Will pass on what I can but yet to get it confirmed as too much going on, but hearing Ogren has sold 75% of his shares also that Levein will be in until the end of the season and review all in Summer

28/2/2023 10:17 pm  #40

Danzaa wrote:

Will pass on what I can but yet to get it confirmed as too much going on, but hearing Ogren has sold 75% of his shares also that Levein will be in until the end of the season and review all in Summer

Rumour I’ve heard from 2 decent sources is that 3 local businessmen are acquiring an equal share each, would that be correct?

28/2/2023 10:27 pm  #41

Think so yeh, one could be Mackie or Macklin Motors owner, think it was the latter but my hearing isn't the best sorry

Last edited by Danzaa (28/2/2023 10:27 pm)

28/2/2023 10:34 pm  #42

Danzaa wrote:

Think so yeh, one could be Mackie or Macklin Motors owner, think it was the latter but my hearing isn't the best sorry

With David Hamilton and Barry Petrie from Ninja Kiwi is what I’ve heard

28/2/2023 10:49 pm  #43

Danzaa wrote:

Canna see it being Macklin Motors owner Danzaa. My daughter works for them in 1 oe their Edinburgh Dealerships.

Owned by a Mr Macklin Birmingham she tells me.

Now Kevin Mackie however. Now that's a different kettle oe fish.

28/2/2023 10:52 pm  #44

Things moving fast now.
We might even see him in by Saturday.
... edit, Levein that is.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (28/2/2023 10:59 pm)

28/2/2023 11:04 pm  #45

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Never been so happy at one of your posts.
Credit where credits due.

Board footera