Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/2/2023 8:09 pm  #1

New Manager Thread

Fox gone.

Who next?

26/2/2023 8:20 pm  #2

Re: New Manager Thread

Not Mulgrew and not Crawford.

We can avoid relegation with a guy that can organise this lot, won’t be easy with such a short period of time remaining.

We ain’t going to get a Gordon Strachan or Craig Levein so we will have to give a chance to a manager who has failed at another club.

This will strike fear into some of us but John Hughes, John Collins, John Robertson, Etc are the type we will be looking at.

They pay absolutely no attention to any of us but the guy needs to know the Scottish game, why do I think we are going to go for some Ugandan or American.

26/2/2023 8:30 pm  #3

If Asghar is still at the club, anyone who is any good and has any ounce of self respect won't touch us with a bargepole.  So unless Asghar is also away I don't give a flying f**k who they bring in.

26/2/2023 8:45 pm  #4

I think we should just appoint someone short term to take us to the seasons end, with the carrot of a longer contract if they get us out of this mess.

Knowing us we will dish out a 3 year contract to someone.

Would anyone be in favour of Jim McInally taking the reigns till the seasons end?

26/2/2023 8:53 pm  #5

Tek wrote:

I think we should just appoint someone short term to take us to the seasons end, with the carrot of a longer contract if they get us out of this mess.

Would anyone be in favour of Jim McInally taking the reigns till the seasons end?

I'd be up for that. Some of the other names being bandied about give me the fear.

26/2/2023 8:56 pm  #6

Neil lennon would be my number 1 choice but doubt he would work under asghar

26/2/2023 9:06 pm  #7

A few folk saying we should re-appoint Tam Courts.

26/2/2023 9:13 pm  #8

Tek wrote:

A few folk saying we should re-appoint Tam Courts.

Absolutely not.

26/2/2023 9:17 pm  #9

Won't be surprised if its Mulgrew until the end of the season. Club are paying off another head coach wage, so it would be the cheap option.

26/2/2023 9:42 pm  #10

Tek wrote:

May I ask what Jim McInally has done to be considered worthy of the Dundee United job? His record at Peterhead was mediocre, primarily notable for its longevity.

26/2/2023 9:53 pm  #11

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

May I ask what Jim McInally has done to be considered worthy of the Dundee United job? His record at Peterhead was mediocre, primarily notable for its longevity.

2 of our last 3 managers had done the square root of feck all and got the job.

26/2/2023 10:03 pm  #12

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Haha fuck off.

You backed Liam Fox ffs. A man binned from Cowdenbeath after 5 minutes. 

Absolute brass neck questioning Jim McInally's credentials after that.

26/2/2023 10:04 pm  #13

Owen coyle

26/2/2023 10:36 pm  #14

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

May I ask what medication you're on?

26/2/2023 10:59 pm  #15

Tek wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Haha fuck off.

Anybody suggesting McInally or any other former player is a TOTAL FUCKWIT. Because Kirkwood, Brewster, Sturrock…

26/2/2023 11:18 pm  #16

randomR wrote:

Tek wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Haha fuck off.

Anybody suggesting McInally or any other former player is a TOTAL FUCKWIT. Because Kirkwood, Brewster, Sturrock…

Well, that was a very intellectual first post.

Goodbye.👋

27/2/2023 12:27 am  #17

Tek wrote:

randomR wrote:

Tek wrote:

Haha fuck off.

Well, that was a very intellectual first post.

Goodbye.👋

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

27/2/2023 12:30 am  #18

Kirkwood, Brewster, Sturrock and of course Jim Mcinally whilst not very successful as our manager, they at least took pride in the club, played for the badge and are club legends as players. Right now it's those memories keeping me going tbh, no room for fuckwits here Tek 👍

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (27/2/2023 12:34 am)

27/2/2023 12:35 am  #19

“May I ask what Jim McInally has done to be considered worthy of the Dundee United job? His record at Peterhead was mediocre, primarily notable for its longevity.”

May I ask what Liam Fox did to be considered worthy of the Dundee United job? His record at Cowdenbeath was mediocre

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

27/2/2023 12:56 am  #20

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Kirkwood, Brewster, Sturrock and of course Jim Mcinally whilst not very successful as our manager, they at least took pride in the club, played for the badge and are club legends as players. Right now it's those memories keeping me going tbh, no room for fuckwits here Tek 👍

That's what annoyed me about his post. Turning his nose up at a club legend like Jimm Mac, yet he blindly backs 'Yes men' like Fox who wont give Dundee United another thought now he's away.

Incidentally, Jimmy Mac's Peterhead did of course beat us 0-1 at Tannadice as recently as July 2020.

I remember on the day they deservedly won and worked much harder than we did.

27/2/2023 7:50 am  #21

japanarab wrote:

“May I ask what Jim McInally has done to be considered worthy of the Dundee United job? His record at Peterhead was mediocre, primarily notable for its longevity.”

May I ask what Liam Fox did to be considered worthy of the Dundee United job? His record at Cowdenbeath was mediocre

If that's directed at me, then I'm not sure why. I didn't appoint Liam, but like all Dundee United managers once he had the job I backed him to the hilt.

I notice nobody actually answered my question about what Jim McInally has done to be considered worthy of the job, aside from a post about his team working hard in 2020, and being a former player who would care about the club.

For what it's worth, Jim had a win record of 44% with the Peterhead spending most of its time between League 1 and League 2 during his time in charge.

If he was to be appointed I would, of course, give him my full backing.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (27/2/2023 7:52 am)

27/2/2023 8:02 am  #22

Asghar sitting at the hiring table rules out any last chance of hiring someone that could keep us up.
A few days ago Ogren said he wouldn't make any changes, having already went back on this, he now needs to be sensible and remove Tony.
It's time Ogren to make the decision as to who is more important, your man or your club.

27/2/2023 8:08 am  #23

AlwaysUnited wrote:

japanarab wrote:

If that's directed at me, then I'm not sure why. I didn't appoint Liam, but like all Dundee United managers once he had the job I backed him to the hilt.

I notice nobody actually answered my question about what Jim McInally has done to be considered worthy of the job, aside from a post about his team working hard in 2020, and being a former player who would care about the club.

For what it's worth, Jim had a win record of 44% with the Peterhead spending most of its time between League 1 and League 2 during his time in charge.

If he was to be appointed I would, of course, give him my full backing.

May I ask why you continue to talk shite?

Club legends are most definitely and quite rightly afforded far more respect on here than the fucking imposters we currently employ or the recently departed employees that stole their wages. If you're not happy then fall on your sword and do us all a favour

27/2/2023 9:14 am  #24

The problem with the current regime and backing them to the hilt is that their weapon of choice is a seppuku sword (dishonourable variety).

Last edited by Finn Seemann (27/2/2023 9:20 am)

27/2/2023 9:40 am  #25

I’m 95% sure, going by the way the media’s posturing him, that’s it’s gonna be Courts.

People thinking it’s gonna be Lennon or Martindale are living on cloud cuckoo. As long as Asghar‘s here, we’ll only be hiring manager’s that dance to his tune, or is that not obvious by now?

Board footera