Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2023 12:15 pm  #26

Re: Ogren

Really want to see the accounts that are due next month in the set available to the public there is an accrual for an insurance pay out (£1.5m), we also have the proceeds from the transfers of Lawrence Shankland, Kerr Smith, Louis Appere, Jamie Robson, Jeando Fuchs, Trevor Carson (£2m), the Robbie Nielson compo (£0.1m), increase in prize money for 4th (£2.5m - up from £1.9m for 9th) and the additional turnover for fans being allowed back in the stadium.  Certainly the players we brought in wont have consumed all of the £4m - £5m generated. So has any money been taken out to pay back the loan?

On top of that we have the funds generated this season for Europe, Souttar add ons and any player sales, I think more will have been taken out to repay the loans.

If not repaying the loans then i fail to see where the money is going.

I don't believe the loan to the Scottish government will be a stumbling block to a prospective owner as it is not due to be cleared until 2042 and attracts no interest

As long as we are generating money through selling assets then I am not sure he will sell and even if we drop to the Championship he wont be bothered as we will no doubt get some money for Levitt and Watt as well as any young players we develop - Clear after the comments the needs and wants of the fans are secondary to 'The Model', if we are generating sales and the possibility of add-ons i am not sure he would be bothered if we were in the Championship for 10 years!!

22/2/2023 12:43 pm  #27

And why would he do that? The sun says he bought the club for approx 1m. The club is 10m in debt to him. So, he's going to write off 9m to get 1m back...and give us the stadium and gussie as well as the players registrations - some of them still have value....

He'd make more money winding up the club, selling the ground to property developers and running gussie as a 5 a side centre.

Who is going to rescue us?
Didn't the boy from ga engineering refuse to take on the club because of the fans? We are then limited to united fans with deep pockets and thick skin. The amount of potential investors is decreasing.

Not saying there aren't problems but your plan seems to have a hell of a lot of holes on it be as well get the foundation to stick all their funds on euro millions

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

23/2/2023 10:15 am  #28

23/2/2023 1:23 pm  #29

Where to from here?
We are bottom, leaking goals and not scoring enough under an abysmal uninspiring coach.
We have by and large a worthless gutless squad and backroom team assembled by a clueless Sporting Director at great cost. Remember we are still paying wages for a number of players who are on loan.
At the head of this shambles is a deluded in-denial owner who's measures of success are clearly not the same as the fans.
Demanding fans to bail out their failure is not an option and is quite frankly unacceptable.

23/2/2023 2:13 pm  #30

Danzaa wrote:

Where to from here?
We are bottom, leaking goals and not scoring enough under an abysmal uninspiring coach.
We have by and large a worthless gutless squad and backroom team assembled by a clueless Sporting Director at great cost. Remember we are still paying wages for a number of players who are on loan.
At the head of this shambles is a deluded in-denial owner who's measures of success are clearly not the same as the fans.
Demanding fans to bail out their failure is not an option and is quite frankly unacceptable.

Where to from here? We beat Ross County on Saturday in front of a racuous away support. Three points is all the matters.

23/2/2023 3:03 pm  #31

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

Where to from here?

Where to from here? We beat Ross County on Saturday in front of a racuous away support. Three points is all the matters.

This is the problem.  Ogren, Asghar and Always will have you believe that if we somehow avoid relegation all is good and us fans won't need to worry ourselves with the precarious financial position, Asghar's rampant profligacy (whilst failing to recruit to cover glaring gaps in the team (or any bench to speak of)) or the inability of Fox (and whoever replaces him next year (cue Mulgrew) to competently manage a football team.  We are being treated like sheep and pretty dim ones at that.  The Asghar 'vision' has failed (as it was always going to) and Ogren has made it clear his pockets are now stitched shut.

As I have said for years, this is not going to end well and the existence of our football club is very much in jeopardy, but yeah three points and we'll all be back with the programme.  Tube.  Always out!

23/2/2023 3:21 pm  #32

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

Where to from here?

We haven't won a Saturday 3pm kick off all season other than limping past Stirling University, so in what world do you actually see this happening? Especially with that utter goon likely to be back in goal.

#AlwaysOnTheGlue

23/2/2023 7:36 pm  #33

I was interested in what he said that the supporters should be buying tickets, Season Tickets, spending money in the Club Shop, booking Hospitality.

We have been. I've spent over 300 quid in the Club Shop since January. How much does he want us all to spend?

Even if he was to give us the Club for eff all, it would cost the Season Ticket holders £2364 each just to pay off the £13M debt.

24/2/2023 12:19 pm  #34

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

Where to from here?

AU, Most bite back at your posts because they're always fantasy dreamland not reality.
It's a constant loop, before a match you say:
I expect us to win
We will win, usually followed by a 2-0.
We won't get relegated.
Back the team because ..(insert words)

Then follows the
We were unlucky because... (insert words)
If we did this or didn't do that,
We should have... (insert words)
Support the team, Fox is fine, it's all Ross's fault.

We do expect to win some games, we do back the team, but the team continually let us down, check the last month's results and the table if you dont believe me.
At the end of the game folk come into this room and get whatever is bothering them off their chest.
You can't tell folk off just like we can't tell you to stop dreaming.

Facts are 99% of posters disagree with your comments, have you ever looked in the mirror and wondered why?
I don't expect a sensible reply because your posts suggest you're not capable.

24/2/2023 4:40 pm  #35

Billy_Hainey wrote:

I was interested in what he said that the supporters should be buying tickets, Season Tickets, spending money in the Club Shop, booking Hospitality.

We have been. I've spent over 300 quid in the Club Shop since January. How much does he want us all to spend?

Even if he was to give us the Club for eff all, it would cost the Season Ticket holders £2364 each just to pay off the £13M debt.

Is his debt securitised against any of the assets? (stadium, Gussie, future season ticket sales). I didn’t think it was. In which case the idea of him getting back his loans (even with the Soutar money) is pie in the sky. Ogren is looking like the one - legged man at the arse kicking competition. It’s a bit like someone saying Bitcoin is worth $70k when the market value is $23k. He could try to sell Tannadice, but, to whom? Is it zoned for residential building? If DUFC Ltd went into administration, all that would happen is that the Administrator would cut out all the unnecessary costs: Sporting Director, Consultants, £90k chef, foetus boys with laptops etc and try to find a buyer for the rest. The main thing is to buy Tannadice. My guess is that we could do that for no more than £1.75m. Trying to sell a business with no customers is difficult.

The other thing he could do is a sale and leaseback of tannadice. That could be a big problem (unless we could buy the stadium)

25/2/2023 8:41 pm  #36

Fox to fall on his sword by the morning if not tonight

25/2/2023 9:48 pm  #37

Liam is a good man. An honest man. I hope he takes time and speaks to his family before making what may turn out to be an honourable decision.

25/2/2023 9:52 pm  #38

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Liam is a good man. An honest man. I hope he takes time and speaks to his family before making what may turn out to be an honourable decision.

Give it a rest mate.  Everyone’s pissed off, can we just have one night without your shite please?

25/2/2023 10:27 pm  #39

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Why do you always act like you work for Utd and have an intimate knowledge of the staff and what is happening behind the scenes?

It's weird.

25/2/2023 10:43 pm  #40

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Fuck Liam, tell him to hand it in. His family must be just as embarrassed as us fans.

25/2/2023 11:08 pm  #41

Snacks94 wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Give it a rest mate.  Everyone’s pissed off, can we just have one night without your shite please?

Same, no wonder I lose my rag with this clown

26/2/2023 11:18 am  #42

AlwaysUnited wrote:

AlwaysPreaching

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (26/2/2023 11:19 am)

26/2/2023 1:09 pm  #43

Dinna ken if anybody else has noticed, but there's nae match report for yesterday's gehm on the Club Website yet. (no that anychunt would want to read it)

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (26/2/2023 1:09 pm)

18/8/2023 8:10 am  #44

Saw Ogren's interview, deluded as ever
He needs to admit defeat and get out

18/8/2023 9:44 am  #45

Deluded is the word, but similarly he's also hardly likely to admit that Fat Tony has been taking him for a ride the last 5 years.  Personally, I don't even think he's noticed that his pants have been down, Big Tone has been riding away happily and it's cost him the best part of £10M.  It's only the last bit that he actually sees.
The bit about cutting player costs once established in the top league is bluntly bonkers.  Does he not see what is going on around him?  Average players are being paid millions to fill out teams with a couple of aging superstars in Saudi.  Does he not think that will filter down.  Jesus there are even rumours of his previous saviour Shankland heading there too.
The man had no clue about football and very little clue about business.
As for animosity being unjustified, Mr Ogren, it's you who should have animosity towards the Fat Cuntroller.  He's just lightened your son's inheritance by £10M, he's only just about killed my football team and at least I didn't pay him to do that. 

Last edited by Finn Seemann (18/8/2023 9:46 am)

18/8/2023 7:54 pm  #46

I was crucified on twitter for questioning his judgement after records showed he had made a financial donation to Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. Understandable donating to the 2016 campaign, but when someone has spent 4 years confirming they are an ignorant, racist, corrupt, hate-motivated, narcissistic arsehole, it showed very poor judgement (IMO) to publicly support the twat again. A lot of folk were happy to accept Ogren's money and overlook his politics, and told me in no uncertain terms. But it had little to do with his politics - bad judgement is bad judgement, and it raised a lot of red flags for me.

18/8/2023 9:32 pm  #47

Voting for any of the clowns knockin about nowadays shows bad judgement. I'm no going to refuse money because of it.

18/8/2023 11:32 pm  #48

Canadian Arab wrote:

I was crucified on twitter for questioning his judgement after records showed he had made a financial donation to Trump's 2020 re-election campaign. Understandable donating to the 2016 campaign, but when someone has spent 4 years confirming they are an ignorant, racist, corrupt, hate-motivated, narcissistic arsehole, it showed very poor judgement (IMO) to publicly support the twat again. A lot of folk were happy to accept Ogren's money and overlook his politics, and told me in no uncertain terms. But it had little to do with his politics - bad judgement is bad judgement, and it raised a lot of red flags for me.

Can remember if it was Twitter or a fans message board where I raised the fact he was supporting the lunatic bastard Trump and was given grief for it,

Now, I get America is a two party system, you're either for or against, but when that oompa loompa, arsehole cunt is your poster boy, then things are fucked up.

I notice he's also sold his St Andrews Golf investment and he also had a partner there, who appeared to go off piste.

To be as rich as he apparently, you can't be thick, but you can be overly trusting as we've seen to our cost.

He genuinely seems a nice guy, I think he's developed a feeling for the club, but as posted above, you can't simply just latch on and be one of the guys, I firmly believe, as we see in many clubs, where American owners take over, they simply don't get it.

I'd love for a couple of proper United supporting guys to be in charge, but...........

We as fans really would have to temper what we think is acceptable/realistic, If we're paying the 6th best wages, getting good crowds etc then pushing for top 6, maybe top 4, good cup runs is what we should expect.

But you'll get seasons, like last where most folk based on initial signings thought we'd be ok, we'd be up there and it all goes wrong, we can't just expect guys to throw millions away on us, when there's almost absolutely zero chance of a tangible return for what you put in.

Throwing 1000's a week into a black hole chasing an almost  unattainable dream is idiocy, 5 proper trophies in 114 years, well, 115 now is a fucking embarrassing return.

You'd have to be off your nut to invest, lose the sums currently involved and take on the grief it entails.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

19/8/2023 6:47 am  #49

Rightly or wrongly he invested in Scottish football without understanding the pros and cons of the impact of results on fans.
If he owned one of the arse cheeks and they had endured a season like we had last year, then came out with these comments, can you imagine the reaction he would get?
Ogren may be prioritising the bottom line but he needs to understand that all we care about are results and performance.
He may be a big fish in his neck of woods dipping his toes in our beloved little pond, but to publicly call out fans who handed over their hard earned for showing negativity when these are poor and then repeatedly defend 'his man' who was responsible is arrogant and bordering on disrespectful.

We as Utd fans support our team even when they get beat, why?  because as fans we have to believe a winner is just a loser who didn't give up.

His talk of selling up stinks of a spoilt brat who has failed on what's really important and won't admit accountability.
To quote someone who posts on here, he needs to fuck off back and when he gets there then fuck off again.

19/8/2023 8:50 am  #50

“However, I don’t understand some of the intensity. Sure, Tony made mistakes. We all made mistakes and, ultimately, I’m the one who runs the club. I should be taking a lot of that blame. It just didn’t work out. But it wasn’t because we didn’t try.“I don’t understand some of the animosity and, frankly, I don’t think it’s justified.”

I read this the other day and was speechless. 

Board footera