Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/2/2023 8:24 pm  #26

Re: Tomorrow mornings AGM

Admin and championship here we come

21/2/2023 9:42 pm  #27

Finn Seemann wrote:

Ogren had a chance today to do the right thing, but he's either got his arse half way out the door anyway or is even more stupid than we countenanced previously.  I was willing to give him a chance, but no more.  Asghar Out, Ogren Out.  We've hit that point of no return.  Asghar has brought us a rich thicko and proceeded to pull the wool over his eyes further while royally f***ing up our football club.  I feel sick.

People thought McNamara was bad...

I owe you an apology Finn, you've been right all along whilst I've walked around with my head up my arse. Always comfortable apologising for my mistakes so hopefully we can put our past disagreements behind us.

So what do you think the future holds based on your more informed knowledge of the situation?

21/2/2023 10:05 pm  #28

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Let's wait for the minutes of the AGM before indulging in wild speculation about what was/wasn't said.

Ok formal minutes not been released, but, do you have a view, thus far? Personally I’m done with this, until, we get a change of ownership i.e. Us the fans. If the Jambos can do it, why can’t we?

21/2/2023 10:41 pm  #29

How the hell can he guarantee that we come straight back up and also say that he's not putting anymore money into the club. Relegation will be catastrophic for us.

It's hard to be positive about our situation right now. Feels like we are right back to where we were at the end of the Thompson era.

21/2/2023 10:43 pm  #30

Rick Dagless wrote:

How the hell can he guarantee that we come straight back up and also say that he's not putting anymore money into the club. Relegation will be catastrophic for us.

It's hard to be positive about our situation right now. Feels like we are right back to where we were at the end of the Thompson era.

With even more debt

21/2/2023 10:48 pm  #31

Rick Dagless wrote:

How the hell can he guarantee that we come straight back up .....................

Exactly. It took us 4 years to come back up the last time. ( May 2016 till March 2020 ).

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (21/2/2023 10:48 pm)

21/2/2023 11:14 pm  #32

UniDundee wrote:

What is clear is that Ogren wants out, so the rumours of the Club up for sale are genuine. He is putting no more money in, which now means we are heavily reliant on the Club selling players. If we get relegated, I hope we have relegation clauses in contracts...He has and is trying to remove directors that don't always dance to his tune. 

Ogren tenure will have been seen as mixed. He got us promoted and our youth academy back, but at what cost?- debt, and lots of it. 

On another forum, one poster has done digging about TA sports company and who is also part of it.....Very interesting read https://www.eastfootball.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?45460-Ogren-and-Asghar/page70 
"Revolution are bleeding the club dry' was one of there last comments on the matter." 

Dundee United Football Club is no more; it's purely an extension of that company now. With that, I'm firmly in the camp of Ogren out. Sell to the supporters and take TA with you and leave. His comments at the AGM were laughable. 

£13million in debt to MO & Government backed loan. No one in their right mind will take that on. He either stays and strips the club to the bones  or he takes a loss, writes off debts and jets off into the sunset. 

What a sad state of affairs.  Community-owned Club, please. 

Who owns Tannadice & Gussie?

Posted something on TA similar on another thread, very much jobs for the boys taking money out the club but for what benefit?

Tekel Towers » Serious question - What would relegation do to us? (boardhost.com)

what worries me is in the accounts we have only £15k worth of salaries for directors - so the cost is either hidden amongst the wages that include players and back office staff or they are paid as contractors, either way they wont be cheap.

21/2/2023 11:19 pm  #33

Arabdownsouth wrote:

With even more debt

Sticks in my throat a bit that a new "owner" can come in and buy the club, decide what to spend a shit pile of money on, then when he gets fed up with it and wants out, all of a sudden the club owes them all that money back? If that's the case, why does it matter that a new owner will "pour millions into the club"? Because, really, they don't. FFS, I could buy the club for 50 quid and say "I'm not spending any money, so I won't get us into any more debt - and I don't expect my 50 quid back if I leave". The end result would actually be better than we've got now!

21/2/2023 11:23 pm  #34

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Ogren had a chance today to do the right thing, but he's either got his arse half way out the door anyway or is even more stupid than we countenanced previously.  I was willing to give him a chance, but no more.  Asghar Out, Ogren Out.  We've hit that point of no return.  Asghar has brought us a rich thicko and proceeded to pull the wool over his eyes further while royally f***ing up our football club.  I feel sick.

I owe you an apology Finn, you've been right all along whilst I've walked around with my head up my arse. Always comfortable apologising for my mistakes so hopefully we can put our past disagreements behind us.

So what do you think the future holds based on your more informed knowledge of the situation?

This is probably the case for many of us. I personally didn't argue that Finn was wrong, but also I didn't support his stance either, and I didn't make up my mind until the evidence became pretty overwhelming - by which time it might already be too late.

21/2/2023 11:50 pm  #35

Rick Dagless wrote:

... How the hell can he guarantee we'll come straight back up when hasn't got a clue.
.... Comparison with Snake era reminds me of Bowie line "Putting out fire with gasoline"

22/2/2023 12:34 am  #36

Let's concentrate on supporting the club and not worry about the politics.

Massive game on Saturday and we need every United fan to back the team.

22/2/2023 12:52 am  #37

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Yeah let's not worry 🙄

22/2/2023 1:52 am  #38

AlwaysUnited wrote:

If your definition of "politics" is the asset-stripping, rape and destruction of our club by a cabal of grifters, then I agree with you 100%.

22/2/2023 8:07 am  #39

Macbonzo wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Let's wait for the minutes of the AGM before indulging in wild speculation about what was/wasn't said.

Ok formal minutes not been released, but, do you have a view, thus far? Personally I’m done with this, until, we get a change of ownership i.e. Us the fans. If the Jambos can do it, why can’t we?

unfortunately the United fans didn’t back our foundation the way the jambos did, so we are nowhere near in a position to be fan owned. 

22/2/2023 8:51 am  #40

Arabchic wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

unfortunately the United fans didn’t back our foundation the way the jambos did, so we are nowhere near in a position to be fan owned. 

Per fan, I would argue that utd fans did back the club as much as Hearts did they have 16k season ticket holders + a waiting list.
We need to be realistic.

22/2/2023 8:55 am  #41

Arabchic wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Absolutely. I agree. However, the circumstances have changed. Our majority owner has effectively given a “put up or shut up” ultimatum i.e. I’m not going to change the personnel or philosophy. I will not put anymore money in. Get behind us and back the team.

As far as I am concerned, the team and the club are one and the same thing. Suppose, all season ticket holders put next season’s ticket money into a fund (let’s say held by DUSF) for the purposes of taking the club out of administration. How much would that raise? That’s before we talk about any other funds.

I’m sure there are plenty of reasons why this might not be as straightforward as I suggest, but, what is the alternative?

22/2/2023 11:44 am  #42

Canadian Arab wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

This is probably the case for many of us. I personally didn't argue that Finn was wrong, but also I didn't support his stance either, and I didn't make up my mind until the evidence became pretty overwhelming - by which time it might already be too late.

I don't think anyone needs to take a look at their judgement.  It's totally natural to think that those running any business are in there for the right reasons, especially a football club.  I make pretty quick assessments of people.  I had only a brief time in, or around, TA's company.  I got a very bad feeling from that experience and nothing has convinced me since that that feeling was wrong, rather matters have compounded that belief.  True we are in the top division again and have competed reasonably until this season, but I'm pretty sure that with £13M I'd also have had us playing at that level or likely much better with the finances of the club in much better shape too.

It gives me absolutely no pleasure in, it would appear, being right.  Even if more people had my view I don't think anything different would have happened.  We do however need to continue to make it clear to Ogren that we are not happy and that to get his return he needs to listen to the fans and not TA.  That's why I've not been back to Tannadice since AZ and won't be until TA has gone.  It's why my kids haven't been given any Utd merchandise this year.  I am not expecting others to do similar, but stopping the income is the only way.

22/2/2023 11:54 am  #43

In addition to all this shit, what’s really phuking me off this morning …

SIX THOUSAND season tickets sold and fantastic support home and away all season.

…and we are all being subjected to this utter farce.

Utter Disgrace.

22/2/2023 3:36 pm  #44

MO comments at the AGM
[list=a]
[*]No plans to make changes to the manager or sporting director 
[*]I find it hard to believe in all your years following Dundee United you have never been so disheartened as you are now, I have confidence in the players and the manger.
[*]The players we signed are good players, and no supporters came to me in the summer, not happy
[*]we are in a better position than we were 5 years ago. We are in the top league now as we weren't 5 years ago. I can't believe the doom & gloom around the club, the success we have had in my tenure has been down to Tonys work, and he is my man
[*]It is not the end of the world if we get relegated because we will come straight back up
[*]The model is to develop players, set them in the team and then sell them on
[*]My investment is higher than I am comfortable with. I can't afford to keep putting money in.
[*]Decisions from supporters such as buying season tickets, purchasing hospitality, and buying items from the retail store will ultimately decide future budgets.
[*]No deal has been made at this stage (re the Harry Souttar fee) we will receive the money in instalments over the next 3yrs 
[/list]

We need MO and TA out now. If we don't Dundee Utd will die. 

Last edited by UniDundee (22/2/2023 3:37 pm)

22/2/2023 4:29 pm  #45

[*]The players we signed are good players, and no supporters came to me in the summer, not happy
- That was probably before Birghitti conceded 21 goals in 4 games.

[*]we are in a better position than we were 5 years ago. We are in the top league now as we weren't 5 years ago. I can't believe the doom & gloom around the club, the success we have had in my tenure has been down to Tonys work, and he is my man
- Yes we are but the concern is we are sliding back to the position we were in 5 years ago and apparently the leadership at Tannadice are oblivious to this.

[*]It is not the end of the world if we get relegated because we will come straight back up
- Delusional, considering he doesn't want to invest much more in the club when a small fortune would need to be spent building a squad to get us up at the first time of asking.

- That much every supporter understands, but it would be nice if it was after more than just a handful of appearances so that the playing side got some benefit of these players.

We are completely fucked with these jokers at the helm.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (22/2/2023 4:30 pm)

22/2/2023 4:45 pm  #46

UniDundee wrote:

MO comments at the AGM
[list=a]
[*]No plans to make changes to the manager or sporting director 
WHY WHEN NO OTHER MANAGER HAD US BOTTOM AT THIS STAGE
[*]I find it hard to believe in all your years following Dundee United you have never been so disheartened as you are now, I have confidence in the players and the manger.
GIVEN IT'S A RESULTS BASED BUSINESSES HOW CAN YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE
[*]The players we signed are good players, and no supporters came to me in the summer, not happy.
UNFAIR COMMENT WE HAD JUST FINISHED 4TH AND WE MADE OUR FEELINGS KNOWN IN THE AUTUMN
[*]we are in a better position than we were 5 years ago. We are in the top league now as we weren't 5 years ago. I can't believe the doom & gloom around the club, the success we have had in my tenure has been down to Tonys work, and he is my man
COME END OF THE SEASON WE LIKELY WON'T BE, BY DEFAULT THE FAILURE IS DOWN TO TONY WHO IS CLEARLY NOT OUR MAN
NOT GOOD ENOUGH, WE SHOULD NOT BE IN A POSITION TO BE RELEGATED END OF
ONLY IF THE TEAM GETS RESULTS WITH THESE PLAYERS
[*]My investment is higher than I am comfortable with. I can't afford to keep putting money in.
BLAME THE PERSON SPENDING IT NOT THE FANS
[*]Decisions from supporters such as buying season tickets, purchasing hospitality, and buying items from the retail store will ultimately decide future budgets.
DECISIONS ON THE PITCH BY PLAYERS PUT ON THE PITCH BY FOX WILL ULTIMATELY DECIDE WHAT SUPPORTERS DO WITH THEIR MONEY, FANS DIDN'T WASTE THE MONEY YOU GAVE, TONY DID
[*]No deal has been made at this stage (re the Harry Souttar fee) we will receive the money in instalments over the next 3yrs 
A BONUS INHERITED BY YOU,
[/list]

We need MO and TA out now. If we don't Dundee Utd will die. 

AGREE, GREEDY WASTERS THE BOTH OF THEM

Last edited by Danzaa (22/2/2023 4:47 pm)

23/2/2023 8:55 am  #47

Protest tonight at 6pm. 

Board footera