Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/2/2023 10:41 am  #1

Hearts vs Utd - Saturday 4th February 2023

Ian Harkes will be out for 'weeks' due to a hamstring injury and Aziz Behich is reportedly back in Australia attending to a private family matter.

My team would be -

.......................Birighitti........
.........Ayina Edwards Graham...
Smith Sibbald Levitt McGrath McMann
...........Middleton....Fletcher....

Subs - Newman, Mulgrew, Djoum, Pawlett
Anaku, Cudjoe, MacLeod, Freeman, Niskanen

03/2/2023 11:11 am  #2

Re: Hearts vs Utd - Saturday 4th February 2023

Just as well we have so many options.  I'd drop Levitt - totally off it and go with Sibbald and Djoum deeper in the middle with McGrath and Middleton allowed to roam just off Fletcher.  Freeman would get toasted by Mackay so agreed he needs a seat this week too.

I had tried to get tickets for this and failed.  Suspecting that the ungenial Jambos have done me a favour. More chance of a Beyonce ticket than the away end at Tynecastle!

Not to be alarmist, but the Turkish window shuts next Wednesday.  Might want to check where Aziz's stopover destination is...maybe the Fat Controller hasn't said anything as the clusterfuck of a window aint over yet...

Last edited by Finn Seemann (03/2/2023 11:16 am)

03/2/2023 4:29 pm  #3

I've honestly nae idea, ain't going tomorrow neither.

Just a bit sick of it at the minute.

It's such an imbalanced squad that there's a square peg in a round hole somewhere far too often.

I really hope we dig in and get a result to delay/prevent anger from boiling over.

04/2/2023 2:00 am  #4

Today's match will be shown on BBC ALBA at 6PM.

04/2/2023 2:02 am  #5

Tek wrote:

Today's match will be shown on BBC ALBA at 6PM.

Hopefully worth watching

04/2/2023 8:31 am  #6

All I hope we see is a reaction from the passive spectacle we saw on Wednesday night; a bit of fight and passion.

Too much commotion

04/2/2023 4:36 pm  #7

Was watching the game but just turned it off after that red. If that's a sending off then the game really is gone.

04/2/2023 5:31 pm  #8

Finally playing like a team who gives a feck, the Finn is a big plus today,

Hold please

04/2/2023 5:41 pm  #9

Sorry I jinxed it but Levitt just so poor there

04/2/2023 6:01 pm  #10

Birighitti is the worst starting goalkeeper in the league. No one else comes close

04/2/2023 6:30 pm  #11

Fantastic response from the players. Niskanen and Pawlett brought the same energy they added late at Killie, and even when down to 10, until half time, we were causing Hearts all sorts of problems and could have been 3 up. The players were working their backsides off.

Obviously they couldn't keep up that intensity with 10, especially after Hearts had made 4 or 5 subs. I say "obviously" but it seems it wasn't obvious to Fox, who still hasn't learned that the lads on the bench that he "doesn't trust" are capable of making a difference. Ten men for 70 minutes yet only three subs, one enforced and the other two coming far too late.

Edwards will have that red overturned on appeal. Absolutely no doubt. Good solid clean challenge. What the feck is the point of VAR if we still get decisions like that?

In the meantime, that decision, along with the failure to use the bench - yet again - have cost us at least a point, and possibly 3.

04/2/2023 6:55 pm  #12

Not scoring whilst on top and creating decent chances is what cost us the game.

04/2/2023 7:49 pm  #13

Get VAR to fuck, honestly not just the Edwards challenge today, its just spoiling our great game of football. 

As for United, I honestly can't see us staying up.  Can't defend for shit, keeper just not good enough.

Last edited by SlatefordArab (04/2/2023 7:49 pm)

05/2/2023 12:26 am  #14

1st half much better today. The players looked up for it and wanted to get forward.

But sorry, that 2nd half collapse is largely on Liam Fox once again and in particular his lack of tactical nous in regards what to do when a game is changing course. Yes, the red card didn't help us at all, but that game was running away from us from the 50th minute and he watched us not kick a ball for the next 25 minutes and get totally hemmed in and at no point did he attempt to bring on fresh attacking options like Mathew Cudjoe or Sadat Anaku and attempt to give us an 'out ball' to counter on the break.

Just the usual Djoum sub (inforced 10 minutes earlier than usual), that absolutely kills the team and sends out a signal that we are just going to defend. Pawlett was one of the players in the team today helping us get forward. Why not go 'like for like' and bring on one of the only players in the team who tries to take men on and get forward, Cudjoe. Does he not fucking realise we are bottom of the bastardin' league and need to start scoring goals and winning games? He then compounds it by bringing on Rory MacLeod in the last few minutes. Now i am sure young Rory will turn into a fine player in time, but he's simply not ready for this step up at this early point in his career and this is simply not the time to give him minutes to aid his experience and development. The whole situation is ludicrous.

This guy will 100% take us down. His tactical negativity and stubborness is infuriating.

On Arnaud Djoum btw. I watched him very, very closely in todays match and he is truly awful. Stands about 10 yards off the opposition player closest to him and never once attempted to really press or get in an opponents face. Notice he also often just marks 'no-one' and stands in areas of the pitch where there isn't an opposition player anywhere close by. It's almost like he doesn't want the ball or to be an influence in the game at all. Was like playing with 9 men bringing him on. 

Last point. Dylan Levitt very poor again. Largely anonymous and happy it would seem for the game to pass him by. Really disappointing actually.

To end on a slight positive, i thought Niskanen had his best ever game for us by miles and thought Fletcher led the line very well on his own too. What a great disservice to him that he has no-one beside him to help provide goals and assists.

Criminal recruitment and mismanagement.

#FoxOUT #AsgharOUT

05/2/2023 9:07 am  #15

Nail on head Tek, Fox, Djoum and Levitt all at fault.

Sending off, Levitt with yet another powder puff tackle on Halliday who stops then overstretches but Edwards has read the situation and has momentum.
How can Edwards second guess that Halliday will overstretch?
Equaliser, as Shanks chests the ball down Levitt is close enough to make a tackle, he takes a step away.

Hearts 2nd, another weak challenge from Levitt and no desire to chase back, Niskanen is 20 yards further up and near the corner flag at the time, he chases and has passed Levitt by the halfway
Djoum is in the vicinity of all 3 Hearts players involved in the move, his one paced jog prevented any attempts at a tackle.
Hearts 3rd, Levitt cross into the box, Hearts break, Djoum with a half hearted tackle, Levitt with desire could have anticipated where the Hearts player was going and could have moved forward to close down.
Great finish from the guy though what was keeper thinking
VAR can do one, no penalty check for Middleton's shot, Koul's tackle had more intent to hurt Smith than Edward's tackle but that was deemed ok.

Fox responsible for setting mindset, post match he said, players gave their all and we had moments of quality. I saw 2 that were going through the motions.

VAR, FOX, ASGHAR OUT

05/2/2023 4:38 pm  #16

Danzaa wrote:

7 minutes into injury time, trying to get an equaliser, exactly what he should

05/2/2023 5:00 pm  #17

Arab99 wrote:

Danzaa wrote:

7 minutes into injury time, trying to get an equaliser, exactly what he should

Yip. Especially cos he wouldn’t have been expecting our fairies in midfield to let the Hearts boy run as far before shooting.

06/2/2023 5:08 pm  #18

Have appealed Edwards sending off. Must have money to burn as no chance we are winning that.

06/2/2023 6:47 pm  #19

Probably little chance of winning the appeal but I'm glad we are making it.
A Little bit of my love for the game goes with decisions like that.
I'm away to watch another episode of the Big Match from the 70s and reminisce

06/2/2023 8:43 pm  #20

I have absolutely no idea why so many of our supporters think Edwards' challenge was a red. I don't know what they are seeing that I am not. Edwards did exactly what he should have done. Went in to make a solid block tackle (instep/ankle) which gives him the best chance of winning a 50/50 while minimising the chances of getting injured. Because the Hearts boy pulls out at the last second, it turned into not even a tackle - he just played the ball cleanly. Folk are on about the follow-through. Next time they're at the golf, they should try playing their driver off the tee but stopping the club head as soon as they've made contact with the ball. Of course there's follow-through after Edwards plays the ball, and the follow-through would have been identical whether there had been an opponent there or not.

If this doesn't get overturned, it won't be because Edwards did anything wrong. 

06/2/2023 9:08 pm  #21

Canadian Arab wrote:

I have absolutely no idea why so many of our supporters think Edwards' challenge was a red. I don't know what they are seeing that I am not. Edwards did exactly what he should have done. Went in to make a solid block tackle (instep/ankle) which gives him the best chance of winning a 50/50 while minimising the chances of getting injured. Because the Hearts boy pulls out at the last second, it turned into not even a tackle - he just played the ball cleanly. Folk are on about the follow-through. Next time they're at the golf, they should try playing their driver off the tee but stopping the club head as soon as they've made contact with the ball. Of course there's follow-through after Edwards plays the ball, and the follow-through would have been identical whether there had been an opponent there or not.

Totally agree mate, absolutely cannot see anything wrong whatsoever.

06/2/2023 9:18 pm  #22

Canadian Arab wrote:

I agree with you but as someone who made those challenges albeit at amateur level, you know that when you do it you will go through the man also.

I would have been of the ones who would have criticised him if he never made it and often tell my young lad if you go in like Halliday done then you will get hurt.

That’s said I doubt they will overturn it and we are wasting our time and money appealing the decision.

I’ve watched and played football for over 40 years and right now I couldn’t confidently tell you what is a red card, offside or what constitutes a penalty. Games a mess.

06/2/2023 11:01 pm  #23

Stillliving wrote:

Probably little chance of winning the appeal but I'm glad we are making it.
A Little bit of my love for the game goes with decisions like that.
I'm away to watch another episode of the Big Match from the 70s and reminisce

Totally feel that.

06/2/2023 11:05 pm  #24

Canadian Arab wrote:

Too right, when I played it was always them that didn't go in 100% that got injured.

06/2/2023 11:16 pm  #25

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I’ve watched and played football for over 40 years and right now I couldn’t confidently tell you what is a red card, offside or what constitutes a penalty. Games a mess.

..... Neither can refs, 4th officials, VAR all put together
- Getting like Rugby f.....g Union 
(tbf) Scotland England was great game.

.... How many people to put together a commitee = VAR

Board footera