Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/1/2023 3:10 am  #1

January Transfer Deadline Day Thread

If by some miracle we sign the 3 or 4 players we need and all crave later today they have to be.

1) Leaders
2) Vocal (on the pitch AND the dressing room)
and above all else
3) Fit and FIRST TEAM READY

Over to you Tony.

31/1/2023 8:43 am  #2

Re: January Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Souttar 15 million bid accepted, due for medical today

3 million to us

31/1/2023 9:09 am  #3

I'm not getting too hopeful about anything exciting today.

Although I do think that a lot of things have been balancing on the Souttar move - my opinion is that the bulk of any transfer budget from that will be reserved for the summer and beyond.

I reckon that Watt will be away (likely loan) but doubt anyone else will move on.  

Unless we get lucky with free transfers or the loan market though, I'm seriously concerned that we're going to make an arse of this.

Back Up Keeper - This is an absolute must; admittedly I've not see much of Newman but we need someone with experience on the bench.  If anything happened to Birighitti (injury or sending off) then we don't want to be putting that much pressure on a young lad.

Right Sided Defender - A Loan move for Ralston is being mentioned on another forum.  I highly doubt there's any substance in this, but if that was something that could happen, he'd be ideal for us.

Defensive Midfielder - Been crying out for this since Fuchs left....another possible loanee being mentioned on twitter but again, I think it's more hope than expectation.  Midfield are soft as shyte, rumours of Butcher signing for the dees but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Striker - Proven goal scorers within our budget are like hens teeth and if you're a striker looking to improve your career, a team in a relegation battle that create 2 chances on a good day isn't going to jump out as a fantastic opportunity.  One thing though, we absolutely cannot rely on Fletcher to carry us this season with McLoed and Anaku as back up...absolute kamikaze stuff that.

All in all, I've actually depressed myself typing that up.  Tony needs to pull some rabbits out today or it's not going to end well at all.

31/1/2023 9:28 am  #4

Exactly m8. The last day of January and not a phuckin cheep.

31/1/2023 10:44 am  #5

SuperMario wrote:

3 million to Ogren

Fixed that for you.

It's worrying that other than another Ugandan coming on trial there's been zero rumours this window.

We need a minimum of 4 players in and I can't see that happening today. I thought with Ericsson going we'd be getting a new keeper in but that's been all quiet. Same with Watt leaving I thought there'd be mention of a new striker.

All I've seen is the usual fan wishlist of getting ex-players back.

I'm predicting at best a loan signing in and thats it.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (31/1/2023 10:44 am)

31/1/2023 10:47 am  #6

dyed in the wool wrote:

I'm not getting too hopeful about anything exciting today.

Although I do think that a lot of things have been balancing on the Souttar move - my opinion is that the bulk of any transfer budget from that will be reserved for the summer and beyond.

I reckon that Watt will be away (likely loan) but doubt anyone else will move on.  

Unless we get lucky with free transfers or the loan market though, I'm seriously concerned that we're going to make an arse of this.

Back Up Keeper - This is an absolute must; admittedly I've not see much of Newman but we need someone with experience on the bench.  If anything happened to Birighitti (injury or sending off) then we don't want to be putting that much pressure on a young lad.

Right Sided Defender - A Loan move for Ralston is being mentioned on another forum.  I highly doubt there's any substance in this, but if that was something that could happen, he'd be ideal for us.

Defensive Midfielder - Been crying out for this since Fuchs left....another possible loanee being mentioned on twitter but again, I think it's more hope than expectation.  Midfield are soft as shyte, rumours of Butcher signing for the dees but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Striker - Proven goal scorers within our budget are like hens teeth and if you're a striker looking to improve your career, a team in a relegation battle that create 2 chances on a good day isn't going to jump out as a fantastic opportunity.  One thing though, we absolutely cannot rely on Fletcher to carry us this season with McLoed and Anaku as back up...absolute kamikaze stuff that.

All in all, I've actually depressed myself typing that up.  Tony needs to pull some rabbits out today or it's not going to end well at all.

Pretty sure fox has already confirmed Newman will be the number 2

31/1/2023 11:55 am  #7

Marley Watkins Aberdeen striker linked

Finally a rumour

31/1/2023 12:17 pm  #8

SuperMario wrote:

Finally a rumour

Hardly ever scores, rather keep Watt

31/1/2023 12:18 pm  #9

Arabdownsouth wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Finally a rumour

Hardly ever scores, rather keep Watt

A incredibly lazy signing if it happens

31/1/2023 12:51 pm  #10

The boy is 32.  WTF. 8 goals in the last 6 years...no thanks.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (31/1/2023 12:53 pm)

31/1/2023 4:19 pm  #11

Tony watt on his way to st mirren

Completely sums up our recent transfer activities, a expensive shambles

31/1/2023 4:52 pm  #12

I'm torn over whether we have a clause saying he can't play against us or he must play against us...

31/1/2023 6:15 pm  #13

dyed in the wool wrote:

all.

the penalty incident gave me the fear on Sunday 

31/1/2023 6:35 pm  #14

Si Murray going ross county, will score goals

31/1/2023 7:56 pm  #15

Are we the only Premiership team that's no signed any chunt yet.

I mean we must have nearly a teamful oe players oot on loan.

31/1/2023 8:17 pm  #16

Loan for Stephen Welsh at Celtic rejected.

31/1/2023 8:32 pm  #17

Our recruitment is a fucking shambles. Hopefully folk are seeing Asghar for the fraud that he is? Made £3m for Harry Souttar sell on and have 10 players out on loan. Linked with Marley Watkins (8 goals in 6 years) and GMS (past it). Absolute shitshow. Whole month to strengthen. #asgharout

31/1/2023 9:35 pm  #18

Peterborough chairman on Twitter claiming he’s been rejecting ridiculous loans bids from teams in Scotland all day for fuchs

31/1/2023 10:08 pm  #19

3 hours to go.

And it's looking like Marley Watkins in for Tony Watt only. Holy Fuck!!

I'm not even sure that's a better replacement if it happens.

31/1/2023 10:23 pm  #20

Huddersfield centre half loick ayina coming on loan

31/1/2023 10:24 pm  #21

Tek wrote:

3 hours to go.

And it's looking like Marley Watkins in for Tony Watt only. Holy Fuck!!

I'm not even sure that's a better replacement if it happens.

Marley Watkins would be up there with Alex Nicholls as ultimate shitey panic buying.

If he's the best we can do then serious questions need to be asked of the club.

31/1/2023 10:27 pm  #22

KdyArab wrote:

Huddersfield centre half loick ayina coming on loan

How do you even get excited aboot signings like this, signing a 19 year old laddie who’s played 4 professional games

Do they cunts running the club not realise we are in deep fucking trouble

Good luck to the lad but Jesus that’s a lot of pressure to put on his shoulders

31/1/2023 10:41 pm  #23

... Cannae mind ever being so depressed
.. since last transfer window

31/1/2023 10:44 pm  #24

We're scrambling around trying to get in academy players from lower league English clubs. Doesn't speak well for our Elite academy that a small fortune has been spent on.

31/1/2023 11:05 pm  #25

Tony Watt to St Mirren is now complete.

A total clusterfuck of a transfer window

Board footera