Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/10/2022 10:49 pm  #1

Utd v Aberdeen - Saturday 8th October (6PM)

What team and formation would you like to see against Aberdeen?

04/10/2022 11:21 pm  #2

Re: Utd v Aberdeen - Saturday 8th October (6PM)

Would like to see the Aussie back in goal. Saw a stat on Twitter earlier that he has the 3rd highest save percentage in the league. Granted he hasn’t played many league games but would like to see him get another chance.

Last edited by KdyArab (04/10/2022 11:21 pm)

05/10/2022 10:28 am  #3

I think Birighitti (why do so many people here call him "The Aussie", by the way? Is it too much effort to type out his name?) is a great keeper and the potential to be our long term number one, but right now Eriksson is the man in possession and has done nothing wrong, so I'd stick with him.

I'd like to see Sibbald back into the team to add some much needed bite, and also Tony Watt to play as an out and out striker.

I believe we can and will win this game.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (05/10/2022 10:29 am)

05/10/2022 1:49 pm  #4

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I think Birighitti (why do so many people here call him "The Aussie", by the way? Is it too much effort to type out his name?) is a great keeper and the potential to be our long term number one, but right now Eriksson is the man in possession and has done nothing wrong, so I'd stick with him.

I'd like to see Sibbald back into the team to add some much needed bite, and also Tony Watt to play as an out and out striker.

Wanna bet?
We're getting pumped.

05/10/2022 2:12 pm  #5

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Eriksson gives me the fear every time there is a shot on goal, maybe it is time to give Birighitti another chance.

I agree on Sibbald - i would drop Harkes who is terrible at tackling and worse in the air.  

With Mulgrew still out i would be tempted to go with Edwards, McMann and Graham if we play the same formation.

05/10/2022 7:06 pm  #6

Prey tell me lads but how the phuck is this gehm kicking-aft at 6 o'clock.

05/10/2022 8:11 pm  #7

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Eriksson gives me the fear every time there is a shot on goal, maybe it is time to give Birighitti another chance.

I agree on Sibbald - i would drop Harkes who is terrible at tackling and worse in the air.  

With Mulgrew still out i would be tempted to go with Edwards, McMann and Graham if we play the same formation.

Is Mulgrew definitely out of Saturday?

05/10/2022 8:13 pm  #8

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Agreed between the two clubs, aimed at increasing the appeal. Aimed at the American Market, in my opinion, but fuck only knows why.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (05/10/2022 8:14 pm)

05/10/2022 9:51 pm  #9

Saturday needs to be 4-5-1 with Smith as the anchor man( can't belive I just typed that).

Try and keep it tight and hopefully get the first goal.

Fletcher up top, Middleton on the right and NIskanen on the left. Only putting Niskanen there because he can run and gives you effort.

My fear is that it could tip over if we get pumped on Saturday,  I know there's the odd guy still in denial but most folk I know are scunnered with ghe whole fuckin lot.

Throw 6 hours in the boozer, large Sheep support and 2 or three Aberdeen goal and you have the perfect recipe for some unsavoury scenes.

05/10/2022 9:58 pm  #10

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Agreed between the two clubs, aimed at increasing the appeal. Aimed at the American Market, in my opinion, but fuck only knows why.

Stupid phuckin time to hae a gehm oe futba.

06/10/2022 1:21 am  #11

Would have Sibbald in over Harkes. Edwards seems miles off it but should he be dropped? One things for sure, I definitely won’t be staying up until 2am for the kick off. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

06/10/2022 10:41 am  #12

japanarab wrote:

Would have Sibbald in over Harkes. Edwards seems miles off it but should he be dropped? One things for sure, I definitely won’t be staying up until 2am for the kick off. 

Would take the captaincy off him, he’s much more suited to playing his own game.

06/10/2022 4:57 pm  #13

japanarab wrote:

I agree about Edwards but we have no option other than play him and keep our fingers crossed his form improves.

The lack of depth is criminal and unfortunately thiepredicament that we are in was all to inevitable.

The cover that Neilson and Buthcher provided last season has never been replaced.

06/10/2022 6:47 pm  #14

CCX2 2010 wrote:

japanarab wrote:

I agree about Edwards but we have no option other than play him and keep our fingers crossed his form improves.

The lack of depth is criminal and unfortunately thiepredicament that we are in was all to inevitable.

The cover that Neilson and Buthcher provided last season has never been replaced.

We certainly have not replaced Butcher. However about this time last year when he got sent off against Aberdeen there was almost universal agreement on here that he was a liability and had to go, short memories.
We have almost turned into a non contact team that has to change or we will be f***ed

06/10/2022 8:17 pm  #15

Aussie
Freeman Edwards mulgrew(if fit) behich
Middleton levitt sibbald McGrath niskanen
Fletcher

06/10/2022 8:20 pm  #16

Very true Living.

Even when McDonald played a few times last season he offered an old heed in the middle.

Right now we just looked lost both on and off the pitch.

07/10/2022 1:09 am  #17

We need 1 if not 2 horrible bastards in that team otherwise every team in the league will (and are) walk all over us. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

07/10/2022 8:04 am  #18

The team is full of them but maybe my definition of horrible differs

07/10/2022 1:01 pm  #19

SWMBO just reminded me that we were meant to be going oot we freends fir wir tea at 7 o'clock. Totally phucked up now.

Hope the 330M Americans watching online enjoy the gehm.

07/10/2022 3:38 pm  #20

The only way the American market could watch this game is if they all pay for the game through a DUTV subscription. The only folk who will be watching the game in North America will be the Ogrens and the handful of exiled Arabs like myself who normally have our Saturday games kicking off between 7am and 10am - which is fine. More likely a toe in the water to see if there's an appetite in Scotland for Saturday games under the floodlights (and I think most folk would prefer to stick with 3pm - I would).

07/10/2022 9:13 pm  #21

It'll go tits up when there is crowd trouble due to away fans being on the piss for 6 hours before it. Just like it did with the old Sky TV 6.05pm Sunday kick offs.

Too much commotion

08/10/2022 1:22 am  #22

Thought long and hard about what Utd XI i would like to see tomorrow.

Not easy at the moment but i think we need to scrap the 3 at the back and go back to a 4.

I think we desperately need to go back to basics and defending properly, clearing our lines, stopping crosses coming in, and defend our goal for dear life. Something we have definitely lost about us this season. Keeper needs to start claiming crosses too. It is vital. He is a big guy ffs.

If we can get into the later stages of a match still defending a clean sheet, it might just give us the impetus to go on and win a match. With that said, i'd 'double up' on both flanks. For the first part of the match, anyway. Play Freeman in front of Smith and Niskanen in front of Mcmann (our best LB imo)..We simply must stop crosses coming into our box, it's costing us so many goals. It has to stop today. Or we are doomed to relegation.

My team would be -

............................Eriksson.......................
Smith.........Edwards...Graham....McMann
.......Freeman...Harkes..Levitt...Niskanen.
........................Watt.....Anaku......

Subs - Birighitti, Behich, Cudjoe, Pawlett, 
Sibbald, McGrath, MacLeod, Middleton, Meekison

08/10/2022 8:03 am  #23

I reckon Behich could do a job sitting in midfield. He's experienced, mobile, two footed and seems to want to get stuck in.

I'd try:

Eriksson

Smith
Edwards
Graham
McMann

Levitt
Behich

Middleton
McGrath
Niskanen (or Cudjoe)

Watt

Subs: Birighitti, Freeman, Harkes, Sibbald, Meekison, Cudjoe, Pawlett, Anaku, Thompson.

Last edited by lifesanocean (08/10/2022 10:09 am)

Too much commotion

08/10/2022 9:08 am  #24

Hopefully today's team will not include Harkes or Freeman. Both of them were effectively hiding when the CBs were looking to pass forward, i dont want to watch that level of cowardice.

Ericsson/ Birghitti

Smith  Edwards   Graham    Mcmann

Middleton Levitt   Sibbald   Behich

Mcgrath   

Watt

08/10/2022 5:03 pm  #25

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

The only way the American market could watch this game is if they all pay for the game through a DUTV subscription. The only folk who will be watching the game in North America will be the Ogrens and the handful of exiled Arabs like myself who normally have our Saturday games kicking off between 7am and 10am - which is fine. More likely a toe in the water to see if there's an appetite in Scotland for Saturday games under the floodlights (and I think most folk would prefer to stick with 3pm - I would).

I lived in Toronto for a short spell a few years ago CA. Took me ages to get used to knowing United's Sat 3pm results at mid day, I was suffering fom game lag!

And yeah despite what's being suggested I think trialing the two Utd/Aberdeen 6pm games has very little or nothing to do with USA/Canada.

there are spfl games shown in the usa on paramount+ [sometimes cbs sports] but they are mostly the twa erse cheeks games. however, something to get people in the usa excited about scottish fitba, our game against killie is live on paramount+  

Board footera