Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/8/2022 3:36 am  #1

AZ Alkmaar V's Dundee United - Thursday 11/8/22 (8PM)

What team and formation for Utd's biggest away match in a few years?

10/8/2022 3:44 am  #2

Re: AZ Alkmaar V's Dundee United - Thursday 11/8/22 (8PM)

Aussie
Smith Edwards mulgrew Freeman/Aussie
Harkes levitt sibbald
Middleton Fletcher watt

Mcmann is a liability dropped, if Aussie boy has visa get him in.

10/8/2022 9:20 am  #3

I would go with the same team as Mario, with a game plan of Sibbald, Harkes, and both full backs being really disciplined about their position at all times

10/8/2022 9:34 am  #4

kiwiarab wrote:

I would go with the same team as Mario, with a game plan of Sibbald, Harkes, and both full backs being really disciplined about their position at all times

I’d have Jamie instead of Glenn as I feel Glenn could make more of an impact coming on if needed.

10/8/2022 4:38 pm  #5

10/8/2022 8:53 pm  #6

Birighitti
Smith Edwards Mulgrew Freeman
  Harkes Sibbald  Levitt
  Middleton Fletcher Watt

Behich McGrath Cudjoe subs

10/8/2022 10:31 pm  #7

Pished

Too much commotion

11/8/2022 5:13 pm  #8

Anyone know anything about dodgy streams for the game? Just announced there’s no DUTV coverage.

11/8/2022 5:18 pm  #9

Birighitti
Graham Edwards Mulgrew Behich
                    Sibbald
     Freeman Levitt Harkes Watt
                    Fletcher

11/8/2022 6:25 pm  #10

Canadian Arab wrote:

Anyone know anything about dodgy streams for the game? Just announced there’s no DUTV coverage.

Can you not get bbc iplayer out there? If so then it's on there from 19.45

11/8/2022 6:41 pm  #11

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

Can’t get the iplayer unless I have a UK TV licence ☹️

11/8/2022 6:42 pm  #12

Canadian Arab wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

Can’t get the iplayer unless I have a UK TV licence ☹️

get yourself a vpn, set it to the uk, and then go to the bbc iplayer

11/8/2022 7:38 pm  #13

Set up with a VPN. Won’t know if it works until the stream starts 😥

11/8/2022 8:54 pm  #14

The first link seems to be working. A few pop ups to deal with at first but works for me.

https://totalsportek.pro/game/az-vs-dundee-united/21387/

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

11/8/2022 8:55 pm  #15

Canadian Arab wrote:

Hopefully it hasn't worked

11/8/2022 10:16 pm  #16

Well I ain't gonna ask for forgiveness, after saying that was pathetic.

Possession and passing shocking.

What did we hae, twa attempts on target. They musta had aboot a dozen.

I ken some folk that spent over a Grand goin our there. Coulda been on meh Cruise for that.

We better buck-up pronto.

11/8/2022 10:18 pm  #17

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

Hopefully it hasn't worked

Sad to say it did.

Don’t even know what to say about that.

It doesn’t surprise me that players who looked limited against Livingston also looked limited against a good Dutch team.

Defensive shape and discipline were non-existent after they scored their first.

Confidence went out the window after they scored their second.

If there was a shape change to try and address the hole in front of our centre halves, I must have missed it. Expected Jack Ross to be a lot more proactive in trying to give us a chance.

11/8/2022 10:22 pm  #18

Unfortunately that was no real surprise.
We don't have any defensive midfielders who will track runs ,tackle and give the ball to Levitt & Mcgrath.
It needs remedied or that will not be the only tanking this year.

11/8/2022 10:28 pm  #19

I didn't think we would win tonight, the end of the day AZ are a very good team with a decent record in europe.

But that was fucking woeful tonight. 4 of those goals were errors on our part. We conceded 5 in 15 mins ffs.

Very concerned about the keeper he had a nightmare tonight and looked well out his depth, as did most of them.

Joint heaviest defeat for a Scottish team in europe.

Worried this sets us back in the league now.

11/8/2022 11:43 pm  #20

Rick Dagless wrote:

I didn't think we would win tonight, the end of the day AZ are a very good team with a decent record in europe.

But that was fucking woeful tonight. 4 of those goals were errors on our part. We conceded 5 in 15 mins ffs.

Very concerned about the keeper he had a nightmare tonight and looked well out his depth, as did most of them.

Joint heaviest defeat for a Scottish team in europe.

Worried this sets us back in the league now.

The only positive I can find is that we won't need to play as many games now and can hopefully get back on track. That keeper can't start on Sunday though and we need to go back to 3 at the back too in my opinion, especially away from home.

11/8/2022 11:46 pm  #21

Dissapointing.

Thought we looked OK for the first 20...although we were doing nothing about midfielders arriving late in the box... its been a long time since I've seen collective arses collapse like that.

It's a shame. I'm sure I wasn't alone in letting myself dream. I hope this doesn't define our season. We still have good players who will fare better in the league (hopefully).

A sore one

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

12/8/2022 12:22 am  #22

BBC Summed it up best: "Gruesome."
Huge test for Ross to pick then up for Sunday.

12/8/2022 12:45 am  #23

Where do you start with that performance?

Oz Keeper started with a good early save, but then proceeded to have a complete nightmare. Suspect at the 2nd goal, completely culpable for the 3rd goal and almost cost another with a comical attempt to take a high ball that he completely mistimed. He positionally looked poor all night and showed weak hands at times (Alkmaar's 6th). Very worrying performance.

Back four all over the place. Ripped apart for the first and then looked at sixes and sevens every time they came forward.

Behich had one of the worst Utd debuts i've ever seen. Looked miles off it. Miles. 

Now either he isn't as good a player as he's been built up to be or was/is in no way fit enough to start a match after weeks of inactivity. If it is (hopefully) just the latter, then that is on Jack Ross and he made a massive mistake starting him.

Liam Smith put in two good crosses, but defensively was ripped apart and made poor choices positionally too (their 7th). Edwards and Mulgrew not at the races at all. Chasing shadows.

Midfield non-existent and got completely dominated. Levitt looked like a little boy lost tonight and is going to be exposed badly if he is playing that deep on his own and not beside a CDM. Again that is on Jack Ross to sort out. We haven't replaced Fuchs or Butcher and one of our priority signings should have been a tough 'ball winner' in the DCM position. As it is, i would like Levitt 20 yards further forward where he is much more of a threat for us, but as we have signed McGrath that isn't going to happen.

Harkes, Sibbald and McGrath all very poor and chasing shadows. Will give Harkes a bit of credit for his scissor kick, that was a genuinely good attempt at goal. None of these boys can tackle or mix it physically. All very well have good players like Levitt and McGrath but you need dogs in beside them. The signing of Sibbald and re-signing of Harkes for me are two very bizarre and poor bits of recruitment. We need neither.

Upfront - Total shite. Fletcher done fuck all, all night. Couldn't get a head on two great deliveries by Smith, despite being about 6ft 4, and Tony Watt is just a complete fairy. Ball fell too him perfectly for a strike and instead of shooting he just takes his usual 3/4 touches and floats in a floaty chip/cross. Seems happy to hide out on the left wing. Gave the ball away for their 5th and just jogged away. Sums him up. Lazy, slow and playing totally within himself. Rightfully subbed off at half time.

A terrible signing for the fee/wages. He is holding us back. 

We have in no way solved the two main problems we had in the final third of the pitch.

1) Lack of pace
2) Lack of goals

We badly neeed a pacy Striker who is an out and out penalty box Striker. 

A hugely disappointing, embarrassing and sobering evening for anyone of a DUFC persuasion.

Joint highest Euro defeat for a Scottish side. Humiliating stuff.

Jack Ross and the players owe the supporters a huge response at Tynecastle on Sunday.

12/8/2022 1:03 am  #24

Crazy we started Behich, clearly not match fit. Been said all summer get your business done early otherwise you have players like him coming in that need a month to get upto the required levels. Should never have started tonight.

Birghitti kept rushing off his line all night leaving an open goal for AZ time and time again, decision making was totally suspect. The optimist in me is telling me he just had a bad game like the rest of the team, but the pessimist in me is worried he's a dud. I'd agree with down south that he maybe needs dropped for Sunday.

Team owe the fans a big performance at Tynecastle on Sunday but I'm already worried given the way we were beaten tonight.

What a difference a week makes eh.

12/8/2022 1:21 am  #25

Relegation battle and cries of Ross out by Xmas. All while spunking massive wages. Hopefully this is miles off but would it be so surprising?

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

Board footera